Republican Mia Love Joins Congressional Black Caucus, Group She Wants To Reform

Utah Rep. Mia Love, who recently became the first black female Republican ever elected to Congress, joined the Congressional Black Caucus, according to a Tuesday announcement — potentially bad news for the group.

Love, the former mayor of Saratoga Springs, has stated that she would likely join the CBC but would attempt drastic change from within the group, which tends to lean to the left.

“Yes, yes. I would join the Congressional Black Caucus and try to take that thing apart from the inside out,” Love told Deseret News in early 2012 during her first congressional bid, which failed.

“It’s demagoguery,” Love said of the tactics used by the CBC.

“They sit there and ignite emotions and ignite racism when there isn’t,” Love continued. “They use their positions to instill fear. Hope and change is turned into fear and blame. Fear that everybody is going lose everything and blaming Congress for everything instead of taking responsibility.”

read more:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/06/republican-mia-love-joins-congres...

Views: 645

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Marcus Christopher,

I am serious, if all the non-Democrats were to apply, they would have to have a damn good justification to turn them down and it better not be color or political affiliation.

I personally do not believe this organization should be allowed, an "All White Only" Congressional organization would not be allowed.  I am with the times, that is the "Time for Positive Change".  It is past due time to stop pandering to the Racists Bullies and hold them to the same standards whites must follow. 

Carolan, in seriousness you are probably right.  I am saying it that way because I do not truly know for myself.  My response was intended to be a little more tongue in cheek.  You are absolutely right, it is way past time for a change.  What we have to put up with now is nothing short of ridiculous.  Blessings and Cheers.

Carolan,

I agree with you.  Not fair for one to have it and not another.  It should be dis banded.

I agree! I would do just that, if I could. We have to get off the butt and DO SOMTHING!! What we are doing now is not working!

This should be interesting.  After her Boehner vote this is a tad puzzling.

I will be following her to see how this turns out.

Well this is one way to make a headline and a name for yourself. Ms Love thinks she will join the CBC and reform them? They saw her coming a mile away. They will get her to assimilate or chew her up and spit her out. Either way another distraction that doesn't serve the American public. It is discriminatory by nature. Have Rep Love be the founder of a White CC. That might say something. 

Although I support Mia's intention, realistically she will fail but not lack of effort on her part. The black caucus is hardcore communist and their ain't no reforming of those folks. Col. Allen West tried to do it when he was a representative. If Col. West can't do it then it can't be done. The only thing communists understand is the barrel of a gun!

I wish we could see the congressional white caucus...I think they would have some positive actions for the nation.

Let's see them try to "black ball "  another Black, & female.  My, my what a quandary. .

You go girl! I am a retired Irish white guy from PA; however I actualy sent a donation to her campaign last year. I thought she was good for the country then; and I think so even more now. We must destroy the Good ol' Boy/Girl status quo in D.C. Term Limits is the only sure and permanent way. Thanks Mia, give them HELL!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom StiglichPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

Florida Sheriff — “I Will Not Enforce Assault Weapons Ban, Neither Will Most Sheriffs”

Dennis Lemma, who is the Sheriff in Central Florida’s Seminole County, told a group of 2nd Amendment activists recently that he would not enforce an assault weapons ban that could soon become Florida law if the “Ban Assault Weapons Now” amendment passes in the Sunshine State.

According to News965, the ban has the following specifications.

The amendment proposed in the state legislature would ban possession of assault weapons, which are defined as “semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once, either in fixed or detachable magazine, or any other ammunition feeding device.”

Lemma, an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment and a first term sheriff who is running for re-election, said this about whether or not he would enforce such a law.

“It’s not only that I wouldn’t, the majority of sheriffs across the state would not do it,” Lemma said in the video. It’s up to the sheriffs what they are willing to enforce.”

Trump Holds Rally in Milwaukee, WI 1-14-20

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service