Rand Paul: 'You can't have open borders and a welfare state'

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul has his priority list ready to go as he runs for president, and border security and immigration reform are definitely on it.

"I think something has to be done. If you aren't for doing any kind of immigration reform, you're for another 10 (million) or 11 million people coming in unaccounted for," the Republican said Thursday on KTAR, a Phoenix, Ariz., radio station.

Paul then paraphrased American economist Milton Friedman: "You can't have open borders and a welfare state. We've kind of got both of right now — we have a completely open border and we've got this enormous welfare state."

He added: "So you've got to stop one of them, and so right now what we really need to do is secure the border. We need to know who comes in, who leaves, we need to make sure none of them are terrorists and then we have to control the border, that's part of it."

read more:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rand-paul-you-cant-have-open-bord...

Views: 328

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ken, can you be specific of why you think Rand is not our Guy?  Is there someone else?  I agree we need to eliminate all immigration til we get things straightened out, but not only with Europe but also in-country with Judicial Reform and Political Reform/Congress, and Religious issues.

True.  You also can't protect one person with open borders.

I concur. It puzzles me how the Dollar hasn't fallen with all the non-payable debt the we the people have.

Arnie, The Dollar has risen because the Fed keeps printing them and trying to sell US Treasury Bonds and no one is buying!  China and Russia, etc. have set up their own System and are unloading (dumping) US Dollars.  When the Fed's Poison doesn't work anymore, the Dollar will come crashing down with a huge Thud and the Stock Market will crash.  This will cause Worldwide Chaos and we will experience the greatest Depression the World has ever known!  The US will get DEFLATION first and then INFLATION BIG TIME!

It isn't the Trillions in DEBT, but its part of it because of the Federal Reserve printing the Greenbacks.  Our Economy is a False Economy.  Its not how our system is supposed to work.  Rand and Ron Paul understand it very well.  Read America 2020 by Porter Stansbury and listen to Ron Paul's latest Video which will educate more.

Margot

Rand Paul is acting like an idiot and pandering to the Hispanics for votes. There does not have to be a choice of either open borders or a welfare state. There needs to be NEITHER of them . Close and secure the borders and stop the over-regulating and allow the entrepreneurs to create jobs, and the welfare start will shrink to those who cannot, are unable.  Ban public service unions, and get rid of the Dept of Education, the EPA, etc., etc., etc.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Rudy Fires Warning Shot – Going to Release Evidence on the Biden’s Millions in Corrupt Deeds!

President Trump’s personal attorney and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani dropped a bomb this morning warning that he is going to start revealing documents related to the Biden Family’s corrupt and criminal dealings in the Ukraine and elsewhere around the world.

Rudy tweeted:

Everything I tried to tell the press last March is now coming out, and more. I will now start to reveal the evidence directly to you, the People. The Biden Family Enterprise made millions by selling public office. Then when Joe was Obama’s Point Man, they ALL made millions.

Rudy Giuliani    @RudyGiuliani

Everything I tried to tell the press last March is now coming out, and more. I will now start to reveal the evidence directly to you, the People. The Biden Family Enterprise made millions by selling public office. Then when Joe was Obama’s Point Man, they ALL made millions.

It’s time to take these criminals from the Obama Administration to task.  The Bidens, Obamas and the Clintons were criminal enterprises.

Trump Speaks At March For Life Rally

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service