Question for the Evening

Doctors take the Hippocratic Oath:

Hippocratic Oath: Modern Version

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

—Written in 1964 by Louis Lasagna, Academic Dean of the School of Medicine at Tufts University, and used in many medical schools today.

Does Obamacare make the medical community violate the Hippocratic Oath by making them an arm of the Federal Government?

Views: 801

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"AMEN"

That's his plan

Julyette said: "Please, someone explain why no one does anything with this abomination that is in the white House. He has broken the law over and over again."

There are two ways to get rid of a bad president:  Don't reelect him and impeach him. 

We reelected him mainly because some 12 million Republicans who voted against him in 2008 didn't vote in 2012.   And our party now seems determined to adopt positions and find new candidates who will make us even more discouraged in 2014.

The House of Representatives can write articles of impeachment -- like an indictment prepared by a grand jury.  The Senate then tries the articles.   There's no chance the Senate would convict while Ofraud's popularity is near 50% and not much chance that the House would even write articles when there isn't a chance of conviction.  

BUT:  President Ofraud's popularity IS going to fall over the next couple of years as the rest of Obamacare kicks in and starts to bite.   Remember that it will only make you happy when you're sick and wouldn't otherwise have gotten care but we ALL pay taxes every year and that pain has barely started.  Add in the people who suddenly lose their plans or their doctors ... Ofraud's popularity is going nowhere but down.

1. Write your Congressmen: "He is a crook (list a few crimes) and I want him impeached."  They're not going to do it now but you want them warmed up to the idea when Ofraud's popularity passes 20% on the way down.

2. Talk to friends, family, neighbors and get them to do the same thing. 

The more facts you have about his actual crimes, the better. 

Even if he's never impeached the more talk there is the more careful he will have to be.   Meaning he'll do less damage.

The others you list are sworn U.S. or state officers.  They do what they are told to do and that's the good news because they are under control of our Constitution.   Only at the top can you have an officer (our president!) who gets away with not obeying the law or Constitution.

I wouldn't worry about him starting to kill us.   Yes, maybe someday, but we are not there yet and as long as we do our jobs we can get him out of there before that happens.

Walt , He's got the poles rigged and congress is affraid of him ! congress has to impeach him and they won't !

There is abaolutely no way that 12 million republicans didn't vote ! How in the world can anyone prove this to be true with the votes being rigged???

I don't know a specific number but I know there were many who specifically stated they would not vote for the weak candidate presented by the republican party. Many because he was Mormon, which was ignorant, and many because of Romneycare, and many because he flip-flopped on so many issues and many because he was a pure RINO. Rove was another ignorant fool for pushing him for not listening to people (or he's in on the degradation of the degradation of the country), and I expect the same fools will be in charge in 2016.

Yes! Absolutely it disregards any integrity or trust in any medical profession from the moment this illegal healthcare bill passed legislature. We no longer can trust our own physicians. Courts will have a hey-day with this; what once was a patient / client privelege will now be open scrutiny to the public domain with no warrant needed.

Rebecca M.

You and the nation would be better served if you stopped referring to this abomination as a health care bill . . . It is in reality a form of owebummdeathcare . . . Just as Sarah predicted the owebummdeathcare bill features death panels administrated by political bureaucrats that have little or no knowledge of medical procedures they only look at the bottom line. Is it practical to preserve this life or is it a poor investment to save it.  It's gonna come down to Dollars and Cents and the owebumm extravagances are gonna take precedence.

besides the constitution and the bill of rights, maybe we should also carry with us the hippocratic oath...but i will tell you, when i go to a medical facility, i read every single form, from top to bottom, and front to back, i never sign anything until i read everything and understand every little word...if i see or hear any thing off the wall, or that even smells of something they can get me on, i immediately cancell the apponitment, and walk out...i can see in the futire where doctors go underground, and go on the black market, without a license...because anymore that does not mean anything anymore if they are going to be a puppet for obamacare.....and if these medical facilites and docs do ask you these off the wall, non medical questions....just lie your ass off...they do not deserve the truth, because the government is not honest with us, so why be honest with them.

I once crossed out all the stuff I didn't agree with and signed the document, and they took it. But the next time I visited, they gave me a new form and said I had to do it over. I said they had accepted the first one, so that was all they were getting. I haven't heard back from them on it.

Yes it does as well as having your own doctor ask you about having guns in your home has nothing to do with your health nor the treatment your DOCTOR can do for you. AS, This GROSSLEY OVER STEPPING YOUR DOCTOR PATIENT CONFIDENTALAITY. Once AGAIN THIS IS ANOTHER MOVE OF TRESASON ON OUR CONSTITUTION. As you the President has no rights to this information, ONLY GOD WILL KNOW THIS INFORMATION NOT THIS HORRIBLE HUMAN THAT HAS OVERSTEPPING HIS POWER. PLEASE, GET RID OF THIS "TAX" THAT HE CALLS "HEALTH CARE"

Didn't all dictatorships use any form of technology and anyone to further their control power structure?

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Joe Biden Vows: Give Taxpayer-Funded Obamacare To All Illegal Aliens In U.S.

Former Vice President and 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidate Joe Biden is vowing to give Obamacare, funded by American taxpayers, to all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States.

During an interview with Telemundo’s Jose Diaz-Balart, Biden forgot that Obamacare technically bans illegal aliens from enrolling in healthcare plans — although illegal aliens are still able to obtain subsidized and free healthcare at Americans’ expense — and promised that under his plan, all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens would be able to get Obamacare.

The exchange went as follows:

DIAZ-BALART: When I … NBC moderated that first debate with you, I didn’t … I don’t recall a clear answer, under your plan should … would the 11, 12 million undocumented immigrants that live in the United States, that have been here many for generations, would they have access …

BIDEN: Yes.

DIAZ-BALART: — to health insurance.

BIDEN: Yes, they … if they can buy into the system like everybody else.

DIAZ-BALART: Because you know, in [Obamacare] they can’t.

BIDEN: Yeah. Yeah, I know. Well they can, that’s my point. They continue to be able to do that.

DIAN-BALART: They cannot under the ObamaCare.

BIDEN: Well and that’s my point, they will though. They will be able to buy into … [illegal aliens] would be able to buy in, just like anyone else could.

Biden joins Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg — among other 2020 Democrats — in committing to forcing American taxpayers to pay for healthcare for illegal aliens who arrive in the U.S.

Already, due to loopholes, American taxpayers are spending nearly $20 billion every year to provide illegal aliens with subsidized healthcare, emergency room visits, and other health services.

Under the 2020 Democrats’ plan to provide taxpayer-funded healthcare to all illegal aliens living in the U.S., Americans would be billed potentially $660 billion every decade just to cover the costs. Other research has found that the plan would cost Americans at least $23 billion every year.

As Breitbart News has reported, experts have said that giving taxpayer-funded healthcare to effectively all foreign nationals who can make it to America’s borders would drive “strong incentives for people with serious health problems to enter the country or remain longer than their visas allow in order to get government-funded care.”

Despite 2020 Democrats’ continued push for taxpayer-funded healthcare for illegal aliens, American voters are overwhelmingly opposed to the plan. The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey revealed that the healthcare-for-illegal-aliens plan is the least popular policy position, with opposition from 62 percent of U.S. voters.

Similarly, a CNN poll from July discovered that 63 percent of likely swing voters oppose providing healthcare to illegal aliens, along with nearly 6-in-10 of all likely U.S. voters and 61 percent of moderates. A Rasmussen Reports survey also found that likely voters, by a majority of 55 percent, oppose giving healthcare to even the most low-income illegal aliens.

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service