FAITH CRIMES

Group wants him 'visibly brought to justice for unforgivable crimes'

Maj. Gen. Craig Olson

Maj. Gen. Craig Olson

A civil-liberties group is demanding a two-star Air Force general be court-martialed for mentioning God at a National Day of Prayer Task Force speech on May 7.

Despite the religious nature of the event, the Military Religious Freedom Foundation has called for Olson to be “aggressively and very visibly brought to justice for his unforgivable crimes and transgressions,” adding that any other service members who helped him should be investigated and punished “to the full extent of military law.”

During his 23-minute address, Maj. Gen. Craig Olson referred to himself as a “redeemed believer in Christ,” who credits God for his accomplishments in the Air Force. He spoke of “flying complex aircraft; doing complex nuclear missions – I have no ability to do that. God enabled me to do that. … He put me in charge of failing programs worth billions of dollars. I have no ability to do that, no training to do that. God did that. He sent me to Iraq to negotiate foreign military sales deals through an Arabic interpreter. I have no ability to do that. I was not trained to do that. God did all of that.”

Olson is program executive officer for C3I and Networks at Hanscom Air Force Base, Massachusetts, where he is responsible for more than 2,200 personnel. His speech was live-streamed and recorded by the Military Religious Freedom Foundation.

Mikey Weinstein, CEO of the civil-liberties group, sent a scathing letter to Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Welsh, arguing that Olson’s comments violate the Air Force instructions which prohibit airmen from endorsing a particular faith or belief.

The letter, which is posted on the group’s website, states, “This demand letter is sent to you on behalf of countless members of the United States Air Force who are utterly disgusted and shocked by the brazenly illicit and wholly unconstitutional, fundamentalist Christian proselytizing recently perpetrated, on international television (‘GOD TV’), and streaming all over the Internet and in full military uniform, by USAF Major General Craig S. Olson on Thursday, May 7, 2015 during a VERY public speech for a private Christian organization (The ‘National Day of Prayer Task Force’: NDPTF) headed up by Focus on the Family founder, Dr. James Dobson’s, wife Shirley Dobson.”

Weinstein continued, “Olson’s highly publicized, sectarian speech is nothing less than a brutal disgrace to the very uniform he was wearing and the solemn oath he took to support and defend the United States Constitution. This public address was his, and the USAF’s, ‘contribution’ to this scathingly sectarian 2015 version of the [task force's] annual shame spectacle and display of Christian supremacy and exceptionalism held in the Cannon House Office Building on Capitol Hill.”

Lt. Col. Allen Herritage said in an email reported by Air Force Times, “I can tell you the Air Force places a high value on the rights of its members to observe the tenets of their respective religion or to observe no religion at all. The Air Force is dedicated to maintaining an environment in which people can realize their highest potential.”

http://www.wnd.com/2015/05/push-to-court-martial-general-for-mentio...

Views: 926

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ronald, I so agree with you, but not just him, "Caligula" and that brood of pit-vipers and witches who make up his diabolical administration, as well! He and they should be arrested at gunpoint etc etc! When it comes down to it, the so-called "progressive" left has got to go! 

Truly Obama must go. The cancer he has brought upon our land will destroy us. He is corrupting our young into thinking we do not need Christ. Nations that have rejected Christ have been destroyed sooner or later. If we do not break free of Obama's evil we are all DOOMED!

So true, Steven! I can't even think about "Caligula" finishing out the last two years he has left to decimate our great Republic! He totally needs to go, along with that Islamic Valerie Garrett and the rest of the devils who support him, by any means necessary!

i have been waiting for that..obama is in the bed with the great whore Rome. Pope is coming to america to pass the National Sunday Law..Gods Holy Day that he hallowed is Saturday. The mark of the beast is when you worship unknowingly on Sunday..Sun God Angel of Light Rome v
changed that day and removed verse from ten Commandmentsthou shalt not make graven images or bow down to them..i am your God and a jealous God!!

Obma is in bed with the Great whore that sits on 7 mountains an is surounded by waters..Vatican The water is the multitude od ppl and nations that follow her. Not Me Who do you think has been behind all evil since Jesus? the Pope was murdered by Napoleons general...a deathblow..then rose again 1929 and the ppl marveled after her..

These fools want us to be as stupid and godless as they are!!!!!!!! Pathetic. Thank you though most honourable Maj. Gen. Craig Olson for your service, and doing the right thing.

Boy, for people who say they don't believe, they sure act like they believe in something, the god of misery I suspect. They want everyone to join their cult and be as miserable as they are.  It was a religious event.  Go after the Muslims and then I will believe you mean it, stop going after soft targets.  Put your neck out there and prove you are really an athetis not just blowing hot air or shut the "HELL" up!

We do need to stand with this officer as Obama's purge of the military is to be replaced by illegals and guess what religion most of them will be......

Carolan, they won't go after muslins, because they would be beheaded. That is an excellent idea Carolan. Maybe I will put my feelings to good use and let them know how I feel.

The pot is boiling and the Christians are starting to cook. When are they going to wake up and turn off the fires of antichristian advocacy. If we don't they'll take it all straight to hell.

he loves his God and so do i..God Bless Him and all who know God will have the final say..see you in heaven Major.

The Yahoo Weinstein has the right not to believe in God, but the General also has the right to speak about God, so Weinstein can go to hell.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Joe Biden Vows: Give Taxpayer-Funded Obamacare To All Illegal Aliens In U.S.

Former Vice President and 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidate Joe Biden is vowing to give Obamacare, funded by American taxpayers, to all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States.

During an interview with Telemundo’s Jose Diaz-Balart, Biden forgot that Obamacare technically bans illegal aliens from enrolling in healthcare plans — although illegal aliens are still able to obtain subsidized and free healthcare at Americans’ expense — and promised that under his plan, all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens would be able to get Obamacare.

The exchange went as follows:

DIAZ-BALART: When I … NBC moderated that first debate with you, I didn’t … I don’t recall a clear answer, under your plan should … would the 11, 12 million undocumented immigrants that live in the United States, that have been here many for generations, would they have access …

BIDEN: Yes.

DIAZ-BALART: — to health insurance.

BIDEN: Yes, they … if they can buy into the system like everybody else.

DIAZ-BALART: Because you know, in [Obamacare] they can’t.

BIDEN: Yeah. Yeah, I know. Well they can, that’s my point. They continue to be able to do that.

DIAN-BALART: They cannot under the ObamaCare.

BIDEN: Well and that’s my point, they will though. They will be able to buy into … [illegal aliens] would be able to buy in, just like anyone else could.

Biden joins Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg — among other 2020 Democrats — in committing to forcing American taxpayers to pay for healthcare for illegal aliens who arrive in the U.S.

Already, due to loopholes, American taxpayers are spending nearly $20 billion every year to provide illegal aliens with subsidized healthcare, emergency room visits, and other health services.

Under the 2020 Democrats’ plan to provide taxpayer-funded healthcare to all illegal aliens living in the U.S., Americans would be billed potentially $660 billion every decade just to cover the costs. Other research has found that the plan would cost Americans at least $23 billion every year.

As Breitbart News has reported, experts have said that giving taxpayer-funded healthcare to effectively all foreign nationals who can make it to America’s borders would drive “strong incentives for people with serious health problems to enter the country or remain longer than their visas allow in order to get government-funded care.”

Despite 2020 Democrats’ continued push for taxpayer-funded healthcare for illegal aliens, American voters are overwhelmingly opposed to the plan. The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey revealed that the healthcare-for-illegal-aliens plan is the least popular policy position, with opposition from 62 percent of U.S. voters.

Similarly, a CNN poll from July discovered that 63 percent of likely swing voters oppose providing healthcare to illegal aliens, along with nearly 6-in-10 of all likely U.S. voters and 61 percent of moderates. A Rasmussen Reports survey also found that likely voters, by a majority of 55 percent, oppose giving healthcare to even the most low-income illegal aliens.

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service