Priebus Future In Doubt As Trump Allies Circulate List of Alternate Chief of Staff Candidates

Reince Priebus, chief of staff for President-elect Donald Trump, arrives at Mar-a-Lago, Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2016, in Palm Beach, Fla. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)After GOP establishment forces inside President Donald Trump’s White Houseforced out National Security Adviser retired Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, sources close to the president confirm to Breitbart News there is serious doubt as to whether this early administration shake-up will also see the exit of White House chief of staff Reince Priebus.

Specifically, multiple sources close to President Trump with internal knowledge of White House operations told Breitbart News on Monday night that the buck stops with Priebus when it comes to the botched rollout of the executive order temporarily banning most travel to the United States from seven nations with a history of exporting terrorism and temporarily halting the refugee program. This news comes of course in the wake of the news that Flynn was pushed out, but also as more and more reports of a likely shake-up at the top loom.

“Reince is responsible, ultimately, for the rollout of the immigration executive order,” one source said. “He failed to get [Attorney General Jeff] Sessions on the calendar in the Senate in time for what he knew would be a highly controversial executive order. He was supposed to be this wizard in dealing with congressional Republicans, but has not been successful in getting anything serious done.”

Sessions was not confirmed by the full Senate until Feb. 8, a much-longer timeline than by which former Attorney General Eric Holder was confirmed at the beginning of the Obama administration. While both had their hearings before the Jan. 20 inauguration, Holder was confirmed on Feb. 2 of that administration and Sessions was confirmed on Feb. 8 of this administration.

read more:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/14/flynn-resigns-pr...

Views: 720

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Considering his criticism of Trump....I never did understand why was chosen as part of The Don's administration:

Criticism of Trump[edit]

In December 2015, Priebus publicly criticized then Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's proposal to temporarily suspend Muslim immigration in response to terrorist attacks. "I don't agree", Priebus told The Washington Examiner.[65] Following Trump's controversial remarks about Mexican illegal immigrants in early 2015, Priebus reportedly delivered a "stern 40-minute lecture" to Trump.[33]

In May 2016, Priebus again publicly criticized Trump, saying Trump was not the head of the Republican Party and that Trump must "change his tone."[66]

On August 1, 2016, after Trump criticized the Gold Star family of Captain Humayun Khan, a Muslim soldier who was killed in Iraq and whose father criticized Trump, Priebus yet again criticized Trump publicly, stating "I think this family should be off limits, and we love them and I can't imagine being the father of a little girl and boy going through the unbelievable grief of them not coming home one day in battle."[67]

A December 8, 2016 New York magazine article by Gabriel Sherman reported that "some Trump advisers are dismayed by Priebus's influence because they question the Washington insider's loyalty to the president-elect ... Three sources told me that shortly after the Access Hollywood tape leaked in early October, Priebus went to Trump's penthouse and advised the candidate to get out of the race," Sherman reported.[68]Priebus announced days afterward in October that the RNC would continue to support Trump.[69]

This is a blame game. Dems in congress hold up appointments and he gets blamed? In what world is that right? New jobs are sometimes hard to slide into. How can we blame any appointment in less than a month unless they blatantly blew it, exposed in a dangerous way or not, like Flynn did?

I agree,  Being the Chief of Staff is not the same as RNC Chairman, so maybe he needs a little more time to fully understand the internal bickering and intrigue that is hidden in the congressional side of things.  Also I what to Point out that "sources close to the president" telling  Breitbart News is a breach of confidence inside of the President's staff. Since this probably not a "whistleblower" type leak, the leaker should be FOUND and REMOVED from the White House immediately!!  Leaks SHOULD NOT BE TOLERATED, but discovered and if necessary Criminal charges brought against the leakers.  

Death penalty? I think it used to be. But we live in a more civilized society where libs and McCain make the rules. You cant kill anything but conservatives. And lately some seem to be pushing for death penalty for thinking different.

Priebus... "He was supposed to be this wizard in dealing with congressional Republicans, but has not been successful in getting anything serious done."

Some wizard, he hasn't been able to get McConnell to engage the Nuclear Rule or Ryan to support Pres. Trump's calendar for implementing key government reforms... Party unity under the leadership of the President must happen, if the GOP expects to get any real traction on massive reform legislation.  What we are seeing is feigned support for Pres. Trump, as the GOP Establishment in Congress makes internal plans to derail the bulk of Pres. Trump's plans... The GOP leadership is in fact working to undermine Trump's presidency... even to the point of Impeaching him.  They did it to Nixon and they certainly are capable of doing it too Trump.

Make no mistake ... there is only one Political Party... the GOP and Democrat Party are two sides of the same coin... they are all progressives... pushing America to embrace the New World Order.  They don't want to see America,  as Great Again.  America is holding up their vision for a New World  Order... One world government, with a common currency and economy... Borderless states and universal citizenship... Open borders and mass migration, pitting the third world against the developed nations... while, they reap the wealth America.

He has done nothing that I can see. The moment that Ryan brought up his own plan, Priebus should have slapped that fool down and out. If Priebus WAS on Trump's side, he would have rounded up a new Speaker of the House. He had to know what was coming from the RANK and de/filed.

But he did not.

exactly

isn't that something

Trump needs an intelligent, dynamic Chief of Staff.

The foot dragging by the Republican controlled congress is obviously not a congress working to support the presidents goals.

Ryan is a self serving twink. Both he and McConnell are ignoramus's.

This pos sob gotta go NOW. !!! He has been part of the GOP establishment, and he never supported president Trump when in campaign. I'd kick his butt. !!

They had to keep Sessions in congress to vote for other President Trump cabinet choices.

This non issue of Flynn is not a Congress/ Priebus issue, it's a Steve Bannon/media issue.

good point, Philip, on Sessions. I'm not sure about your 2nd point. don't know.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by Steve KelleyPolitical Cartoons by Lisa Benson

ALERT ALERT

TRUMP ->  WHY DOES ANTIFA NEVER ATTACK BIKERS FOR TRUMP?

President insults leftists during social media summit

The president made reference to the Antifa attack on gay Asian journalist Andy Ngo in Portland last month.

“Do you ever notice they pick on certain people?” asked Trump.

Embedded video
Michael Sheridan@MSH3RIDAN

"Did you ever notice they don't come after Bikers For  Trump?"@realDonaldTrump calls out ANTIFA for the wussies that they are.

“He would tell you he’s not the toughest person physically in the world – they don’t go after Bikers For Trump, you ever notice that, they don’t go after our construction workers who love us, they don’t go after the police,” he added.

Trump went on to further insult far-leftists, joking, “They live in the basement of their mom’s home,” while asserting that they all had skinny arms.

“But they have the black masks on and they have sticks, they hit people in the face, in the head.”

“But you ever notice Antifa’s never there when we have a bikers rally….they’re never around, they’re always there when you have a single guy protesting in front of a school,” said Trump.

Trump then made reference to his administration’s move to withdraw federal funding from educational institutions that don’t allow free speech on campus.

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service