Presidential Proclamation -- Bill of Rights Day, 2013

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

When America's Founders declared our independence, they set forth an idea that became our Nation's defining creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." They understood that while these truths have always been self-evident, they have never been self-executing. After 15 years of democratic experimentation and national debate, the Bill of Rights came into force, touching off a long journey to carve America's highest ideals into enduring, enforceable law.

The Bill of Rights is the foundation of American liberty, securing our most fundamental rights -- from the freedom to speak, assemble, and practice our faith as we please to the protections that ensure justice under the law. For almost two and a quarter centuries, these 10 Constitutional Amendments have served as a basis from which civil society could grow and flourish. They have encouraged innovation and defended Americans who questioned, challenged, and dared our Nation to be greater.

Thomas Jefferson once wrote, "I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and constitutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind." Our liberties opened heated debate over the questions of citizenship and human rights, driving progress in the American mind. We learned that our Nation, built on the principles of freedom and equality, could not survive half-slave and half-free. We resolved that our daughters must have the same rights, the same chances, and the same freedom to pursue their dreams as our sons, and that if we are truly created equal, then the love we commit to one another must be equal as well. Americans with disabilities tore down legal and social barriers; disenfranchised farmworkers united to claim their rights to dignity, fairness, and a living wage; civil rights activists marched, bled, and gave their lives to bring the era of segregation to an end. As we celebrate the anniversary of the Bill of Rights, let us reach for a day when we all may enjoy the basic truths of liberty and equality.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim December 15, 2013, as Bill of Rights Day. I call upon the people of the United States to mark this observance with appropriate ceremonies and activities.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirteenth day of December, in the year of our Lord two thousand thirteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-eighth.

BARACK OBAMA

Views: 1170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Who needs his approval? Certainly not I.

Are we talking about the same Barack Obama?

Nice try Commie, it ain't gonna work on those of us that know what you are up to. HE IS SO FULL OF CRAP!!!

The lying, statist, Marxist hypocrite is trying to eliminate some of them.

Obama ... whaT A SCOUDREL JOKE OF A NATURAL LIAR, TRAITOR, CRIMINAL and AFRICA-AMERICAN IMPOSTER CITIZEN USUPER YOU ARE!!!

Please shut your Alligatoor Mouth and take your Hummingbird Ass back to your MARXIST ISLAMIST DICTATORSHIP ROOTS OF KENYA AND INDONESIA!!!

GIVE US REAL AMERICANS ABREAK!

I see that the Marxist usurper is re-writing history, as usual, attributing words and intentions to the founders which never existed.

Typical. Tell the masses exactly the opposite of what you ware doing. Marxism at it's best.

"The Big Lie" is a hallmark of totalitarian regimes worldwide.

Here is my definition of the equation put forth "1984"------2+2=?

?=  -4                                            is 180 degrees from right

?= 0                                               is absolutely nothing

?= -3 to 3(with exception of zero) is something missing

?=  4                                              is baton down the hatches, hide, and or run-----they are coming for you!!!

?= 5 to 21                                      is something added

?= 22                                              is catch 22

Bering in mind both something missing and something added can be within the equation.

I used to think  4 was not possible due to this "Equation of mass confusion;" however, the ultimate confusion comes when you have let your guard down and to enemy descends in force upon you while you are partying your victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lair Lair brain on fire. 

As these people lay there web of deception.

All fine words, most of which are flagrantly being violated. Unalienable rights that are being crushed, pursuit of happiness that is stifled by uncertainty, sudden unemployment for millions, Constitutional laws being broken at will, new laws being enacted without Congress, personal liberty and freedom of speech divided into two groups, one enjoys, one cannot, back-door attempts to change, deny, or ignore the Second Amendment Right to Keep and Bear Arms, obsession with race, bringing the racial-divide back closer to the 50's, business innovation being squashed by mandates, intervention, and regulations...government using and abusing powers they do not have, have not been given Constitutionally. I do declare that our rights under The Bill of Rights be recognized as sacred, and this current government honor those rights, not just repeat the words. I make this Declaration on December 13th, 2013.

What he meant was it to be national be a "MUSLIM DEMOCRAT LIBERAL" day. Does he really think we the people are gonna believe his load of  "HORSE PUCKY". Hes dumber than I thought. How bout a throw obummer in prison for life day???  That's something we could all celebrate.   WE THE PEPLE.  Be conservative  WIN.  Amen

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Horrible: Democrats Set The Constitution On Fire With Fraudulent Impeachment

House Democrats unveiled two articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump on Tuesday morning after an investigation that violated fundamental provisions of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

The investigation of the president began with the complaint of a so-called “whistleblower” who turned out to be a rogue Central Intelligence Agency employee, protected by a lawyer who had called for a “coup” against Trump in early 2017.

Democrats first demanded that the “whistleblower” be allowed to testify. But after House Intelligence Committee chair Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) was found to have lied about his committee’s contact with the “whistleblower,” and after details of the “whistleblower’s” bias began to leak, Democrats reversed course. In violation of the President Trump’s Sixth Amendment right to confront his accuser, Democrats refused to allow the “whistleblower” to testify. They argue the president’s procedural rights, even if they existed, would not apply until he was tried in the Senate — but they also invented a fraudulent “right to anonymity” that, they hope, might conceal the whistleblower even then.

Schiff began the “impeachment inquiry” in secret, behind the closed doors of the Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Facility (SCIF) in the basement of the U.S. Capitol, even though none of the testimony was deemed classified. Few members of Congress were allowed access. Schiff allowed selective bits of testimony to leak to friendly media, while withholding transcripts of testimony.

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), having allowed the secret process to unfold, legitimized it with a party-line vote authorizing the inquiry. The House resolution denied President Trump the procedural rights enjoyed by Presidents Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton, and denied the minority party the traditional right to object to witnesses called by the majority.

Rather than the House Judiciary Committee, which traditionally handles impeachment, Pelosi also deputized the House Intelligence Committee to conduct fact-finding; the Judiciary Committee was turned into a rubber stamp. Schiff held a few public hearings, but often failed to release transcripts containing exculpatory evidence until after they had passed.

In the course of the Intelligence Committee’s investigation, Schiff quietly spied on the telephone records of his Republican counterpart, Ranking Member Devin Nunes (R-CA). He also snooped on the phone records of a journalist, John Solomon; and on the phone records of former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani, acting as President Trump’s personal lawyer.

Schiff’s eavesdropping violated both the First Amendment right to press freedom and the Sixth Amendment right to counsel. Yet he proceeded undeterred by constitutional rights, publishing the phone logs in his committee’s report without warning, confirmation, or explanation, alleging that Nunes and the others were part of a conspiracy to assist the president’s allegedly impeachable conduct. When Republicans on the Judiciary Committee asked the Intelligence Committee’s majority counsel, Daniel Goldman, to explain the phone logs, he refused to answer,

Ironically, Schiff had done exactly what Democrats accuse Trump of doing: abused his power to dig up dirt on political opponents, then obstructed a congressional investigation into his party’s and his committee’s misconduct.

Democrats’ articles of impeachment include one for the dubious charge of “abuse of power,” which is not mentioned in the Constitution; and one for “obstruction of Congress,” which in this case is an abuse of power in itself.

Alexander Hamilton, writing about impeachment in Federalist 65, warned that “there will always be the greatest danger that the decision will be regulated more by the comparative strength of parties, than by the real demonstrations of innocence or guilt.” Democrats have fulfilled Hamilton’s worst fears.

The Trump impeachment will soon replace the 1868 impeachment of President Andrew Johnson — which the House Judiciary Committee staff actually cited as a positive precedent — as the worst in American history.

In service of their “coup,” Democrats have trampled the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. The Republic has never been in greater danger.

You don't get to interrupt me

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service