Paul Ryan Blinks: Will Allow Vote on Gun Control Next Week

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) will allow a vote on legislation dealing with terrorism and guns next week.

The details of the legislation have not been made available, but Roll Call reports that Ryan told House Republicans about the vote during a June 30 conference call.

During the call, Ryan said it is “common sense that suspects on terror watch lists not be able to buy guns.” His announcement of this scheduled vote comes one week after House Democrats ended their 25-hour sit-in for gun control.

Breitbart News previously reported that a number of Senate Republicans are ready to support gun control as well. Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY) observed that mixing the language of gun control with the language of fighting terrorism has yielded GOP support from Senators like Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Kelly Ayotte (R-NH), Pat Toomey (R-PA), and Susan Collins (R-Maine), among others.

For his part, continues to stress that House gun control has to contain “a provision [protecting] due process for people who may mistakenly be added to [no fly or terror watch] lists.”  But it is important to note that Omar Mateen was not on such a list, so gun control based on such lists would have been impotent to stop him.

read more:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/30/paul-ryan-blinks...

Views: 514

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just like Social Security, they will do what they want and the American People be damned.

DOES SPEAKER PAUL RYAN UNDERSTAND THAT THE RADICAL LEFT WING SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTER IS COLLUDING WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION & OTHER FEDERAL AGENCIES LABELING THE TEA PARTY, CHRISTIANS, CONSERVATIVES, ORTHODOX & RELIGIOUS JEWS, CONSTITUTIONALISTS, U.S. MILITARY VETERANS, GUN OWNERS, LIBERTARIANS, PRO-LIFERS, PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE IN TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE BETWEEN ONE MAN & ONE WOMAN & ALL PATRIOTIC FREEDOM LOVING AMERICANS AS DOMESTIC TERRORISTS AND THEY ARE DOING THIS BECAUSE BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA IS NOT PLANNING TO LEAVE OFFICE BECAUSE BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, LORETTA LYNCH, CONGRESSIONAL DEMOCRATS AND THE FAR LEFT IN AMERICA IS PLOTTING A COMMUNIST OVERTHROW OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA BY CREATING MASS CHAOS & CIVIL UNREST IN THE STREETS OF AMERICA WITH RADICAL GROUPS SUCH AS BLACK LIVES MATTER, THE NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY & OTHER RADICAL LEFTIST GROUPS SO BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA CAN SUSPEND THE NOVEMEBR 2016 ELECTIONS & DECLARE MARTIAL LAW & USHER IN THE NEW WORLD ORDER & TURN AMERICA INTO A COMMUNIST OR SOVIET STYLE POLICE STATE AND THEY WANT PATRIOTIC FREEDOM LOVING AMERICANS DEFENSELESS SO WE CAN'T FIGHT BACK AGAINST AN ATTEMPTED COMMUNIST OVERTHROW OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?

Ryan IS one of O' BAMBA LIA's top heathens..! Hell it doesn't take much of a brain to realize this..! 

We need him why?
Ryan didn't "blink" ... he has always been soft on the 2A ... I sincerely hope his R opponent unseats him ... Ryan's conduct as Speaker gives even RINOs a bad name.

This is so VERY true Jim.. I think he is a Muslim; and I am FAR from joking or just being sarcastic about it..!

I think his opponent Paul N. in Wisconsin stands a Great chance in shoving him out..! 

This circle of a Corrupt Enterprise America is about to be broken; at least an 8 to 10 year setback..! God willing with God fearing Patriots may just end it for 25 years...However, we will still have a fight all the way though because the Globalists are not just going to give up..! 

A double whammy with this arrogant back-biter, "MUSLIM & RINO"..!

So what do they plan to do about the suicide bombers who can kill many more in one shot? Jackasses. Hope he loses his primary. I already donated to Paul N.

https://causes.anedot.com/gfmain

Michelle Malkin -- one of the most important voices in the conservative movement -- endorsed Paul Ryan's challenger, businessman Paul Nehlen.

Grassroots Action

I need your help to stop Paul Ryan. Speaker Ryan's betrayal of true conservative values has gone on long enough. His dirty budget deal with President Obama fully funded the radical Left's agenda -- including Obama's dangerous immigration policies. And now "Prom King" Ryan is pretending to not be running for president while more and more closely aligning himself with the RINO Establishment.

Please go here to help the Nehlen campaign defeat Ryan. Together, we can send a resounding message to the RINO Establishment that we will not sit by silently any longer!

Michelle Malkin

Paul Ryan has the full support of the RINO Establishment and access to millions of dollars. But we can DUMP RYAN if patriotic Americans will take a stand. Let's show the RINO Establishment that we are done with their games! 

Paul is a piece of RINO crap owned by Obama a piece of camel crap

I have no idea what is in this legislation, but if "due process" or any other right of American citizens is infringed upon, we have a serious problem. Forget that going after guns is not the answer here as it's clear that an extremest/terrorist/criminal will use what ever they can to further their cause. We need to hit a reset-button, ditch all of these career politicians and start anew. I simply can't get, regardless of your political leanings, how anyone could deliberately disregard the Constitution. It's all that we (white, black, pink, liberal, conservative etc.) have to protect us from this sort of nonsense. I'm deeply saddened by what is at least displayed in the mass media as a more and more increasing bend towards what will inevitably be our own undoing. The human race has not really evolved from what we were thousands of years ago...generally weak and feeble-minded, with the few controlling the  masses. Only a relative few "patriots" exist and they don't get any real support from the masses until things get really bad. People generally like to disregard, ignore, or minimally not learn from history. 

Paul the trader does not know we have the Bill of Rights in America.

And FLOURISH they do.  What ever the Democrats want is what Ryan and McConnell want.

Republicans, with a majority in both the Senate and House cannot do anything.  Democrats with 15 or so in either body, get exactly what they want.  We have truly screwed ourselves and our Country electing these TERRIBLE, SPINELESS, SURRENDER MONKEYS!

One clown car parades could not be run by these BOZOS!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Chip BokPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Joe Biden Vows: Give Taxpayer-Funded Obamacare To All Illegal Aliens In U.S.

Former Vice President and 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidate Joe Biden is vowing to give Obamacare, funded by American taxpayers, to all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States.

During an interview with Telemundo’s Jose Diaz-Balart, Biden forgot that Obamacare technically bans illegal aliens from enrolling in healthcare plans — although illegal aliens are still able to obtain subsidized and free healthcare at Americans’ expense — and promised that under his plan, all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens would be able to get Obamacare.

The exchange went as follows:

DIAZ-BALART: When I … NBC moderated that first debate with you, I didn’t … I don’t recall a clear answer, under your plan should … would the 11, 12 million undocumented immigrants that live in the United States, that have been here many for generations, would they have access …

BIDEN: Yes.

DIAZ-BALART: — to health insurance.

BIDEN: Yes, they … if they can buy into the system like everybody else.

DIAZ-BALART: Because you know, in [Obamacare] they can’t.

BIDEN: Yeah. Yeah, I know. Well they can, that’s my point. They continue to be able to do that.

DIAN-BALART: They cannot under the ObamaCare.

BIDEN: Well and that’s my point, they will though. They will be able to buy into … [illegal aliens] would be able to buy in, just like anyone else could.

Biden joins Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg — among other 2020 Democrats — in committing to forcing American taxpayers to pay for healthcare for illegal aliens who arrive in the U.S.

Already, due to loopholes, American taxpayers are spending nearly $20 billion every year to provide illegal aliens with subsidized healthcare, emergency room visits, and other health services.

Under the 2020 Democrats’ plan to provide taxpayer-funded healthcare to all illegal aliens living in the U.S., Americans would be billed potentially $660 billion every decade just to cover the costs. Other research has found that the plan would cost Americans at least $23 billion every year.

As Breitbart News has reported, experts have said that giving taxpayer-funded healthcare to effectively all foreign nationals who can make it to America’s borders would drive “strong incentives for people with serious health problems to enter the country or remain longer than their visas allow in order to get government-funded care.”

Despite 2020 Democrats’ continued push for taxpayer-funded healthcare for illegal aliens, American voters are overwhelmingly opposed to the plan. The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey revealed that the healthcare-for-illegal-aliens plan is the least popular policy position, with opposition from 62 percent of U.S. voters.

Similarly, a CNN poll from July discovered that 63 percent of likely swing voters oppose providing healthcare to illegal aliens, along with nearly 6-in-10 of all likely U.S. voters and 61 percent of moderates. A Rasmussen Reports survey also found that likely voters, by a majority of 55 percent, oppose giving healthcare to even the most low-income illegal aliens.

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service