Obama: We Can't Pray With Clean Conscience Unless We Stop Easy Access to Weapons of War on Our Streets

President Barack Obama on Saturday issued a statement about the shooting that took place at a Planned Parenthood facility in Colorado Springs, Colo., on Friday.

Three people, including a policeman, were killed in the incident.

“If we truly care about this--if we’re going to offer up our thoughts and prayers again, for God knows how many times, with a truly clean conscience--then we have to do something about the easy accessibility of weapons of war on our streets to people who have no business wielding them,” said Obama. “Period.  Enough is enough.”

Here is the full text of President Obama’s statement:

The last thing Americans should have to do, over the holidays or any day, is comfort the families of people killed by gun violence -- people who woke up in the morning and bid their loved ones goodbye with no idea it would be for the last time.

And yet, two days after Thanksgiving, that’s what we are forced to do again.

We don’t yet know what this particular gunman’s so-called motive was for shooting twelve people, or for terrorizing an entire community, when he opened fire with an assault weapon and took hostages at a Planned Parenthood center in Colorado. What we do know is that he killed a cop in the line of duty, along with two of the citizens that police officer was trying to protect.  We know that law enforcement saved lives, as so many of them do every day, all across America.  And we know that more Americans and their families had fear forced upon them.

read more:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/obama-if-were-goin...

Views: 568

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He is disgusting.

I am so sick of this man's dribble.  There is apparently nothing to which I can admit agreeing when he opens his mouth. 

Have you seen the spiked baseball bats in San Francisco? This guy is a total retard.

I don't want gun control it is a right, I want president control, congress control

I wonder if France now thinks gun control was a good idea. If someone one in the crowd would have had a concealed gun guess what!?!?

Who gives a crap what that muslim islam idiot thinks, he should go back to his birth place and stay.

Good show Winford!

It's ok for planned parent hood to murder, this person was working for obama or PPH to bring them more publicity.  These were peaceful demonstrators.  It was one of Obama's evils that did this, not the guns.  Take the guns away from the criminals 1st then the public wouldn't have to worry about carrying guns.  It's another secret plan by the tree swinging jungle monkey in the WH that is causing trouble to enforce martial law.  Another thing nobody thinks about, is Obama is a true destructive muslim, if he wasn't ISIS or one of the other groups would have already killed him.  He grew up studying the muslim ways and if you try to denounce them after you are already in, they will kill you for your betrayal.  So to the false god worshipping whore mongering camel humping muslim, you will definitely burn in hell and be covered with pigs grease.

Goodness gracious, are you referring to ogaybama?

Yep, take away our guns so he can kill us himself at his leisure.

The hell I can't!!!!!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Ken CatalinoPolitical Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

ALERT ALERT

TRUMP:  Trump To Give ‘Start Your Engines’ Command At Dayton

President Donald Trump will give the command for drivers to start their engines before the Daytona 500.

Daytona International Speedway officials named Trump the grand marshal for NASCAR’s season opener, meaning he will deliver the most famous four words in auto racing. “Gentleman, start your engines,” has been a staple of races around the country and world for decades.

White House spokesman Judd Deere said Thursday the president plans to attend the race. Track president Chip Wile confirmed the news in a release.

“Daytona International Speedway has been privileged to have hosted several sitting presidents of the United States over our history,” Wile said. “We’re honored that the president of the United States has chosen to experience the pageantry and excitement of ‘The Great American Race.’”

Trump is the third sitting president to attend a race at Daytona, but only the second to attend the Daytona 500. George W. Bush attended in 2004. Trump is the first to be given an honorary role in pre-race ceremonies.

Trump is scheduled to spend part of the Presidents Day weekend at his private club in Palm Beach, Florida.

The Federal Aviation Administration issued a flight restriction for Sunday and the U.S. Secret Service, which is responsible for presidential security, also tweeted to fans that drones are prohibited within 30 miles of the race in Daytona Beach — a restriction put in place for presidential visits.

Trump has hosted previous NASCAR champions at the White House and last October awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to motorsports titan Roger Penske. Last year, Trump also praised retired driver Mario Andretti, the Daytona 500 winner in 1967, reminiscing about a ride Andretti gave him in a race car for his reality show “The Apprentice.”

“I said, ‘Mario, get me out of here. I want to get out of this car,’” Trump recalled. “We went so fast. We literally — we covered four blocks in like a second.”

Tucker: Elizabeth Warren's campaign on its last legs

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service