Obama taps FEMA to cope with 'influx' of undocumented children

President Obama on Monday set up a task force to coordinate the response to a huge increase in illegal child migrants coming across the Mexico border and put the head of the federal disaster agency in charge.

“The influx of unaccompanied alien children (UAC) across the southwest border of the United States has resulted in an urgent humanitarian situation requiring a unified and coordinated Federal response,” the president said in a memo setting up the task force.

The White House said that a 90-percent increase means it needs $1.4 billion more than it thought in March to cope with the influx. 

POLL: What should be done with illegal aliens in the United States?

“Both the scale and the humanitarian nature of this situation is causing us to ramp up and further unify our efforts” White House Director of Domestic Policy Cecilia Munoz told reporters.

The Department of Homeland Security has already asked the Pentagon for beds at Joint Base San Antonio and at a Texas naval base to be used by the child migrants. 

Federal Emergency Management Agency Administrator (FEMA) Craig Fugate will now be coordinating efforts by the DHS and the Health and Human Services department, which is charged with caring for the children until they can be reunited with family.

“There was no focal point for the effort,” Fugate told reporters.

Munoz denied that the administration’s proposals for immigration reform are causing the spike in smuggling of illegal child migrants. 

Read more: http://thehill.com/policy/finance/207957-obama-calls-in-disaster-ag... 
k

Views: 853

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know why no one takes up my suggestion of Close the Border and where there are known weak spots, set up firing ranges and allow American Citizens go there at no cost to practice 24/7/365.

We can even have our military personnel do their training and practice time at those sites. Let the melody of a volley of artillery fire fill the air, a sure deterrent to interlopers. 

I believe we need to redefine the term "Open Range" - as it applies to Illegals (not as it applies to cattle).  

unfortunately, as some other kind person pointed out in a previous post, it's being done purposefully; therefore - all the good intended logic in the world is doomed to fail.  So I started thinking when I read that response along with further reply of another who informed of witnessing illegals (on a bus trip) holding documents/pamphlets from Obama's admin, informing them to migrate into the US freely/take part in his admin's open border free-for-all with their reporting papers in hand... 

well, we are having elections (again); therefore, doesn't that mean that Obama's objective isn't a done deal yet?   But, I do believe the citizens of the United States may only have one more election cycle to correct this...  the influx is coming at such a rapid pace (on purpose) there may only be this one last election cycle to correct the situation before population statistics change further so drastically, there will be no going back to sanity.  The Obama Admin will have won and with so many out of work/dependent/lost hope, he has done well for himself.

There are still more citizens/non-I have no clue what they're thinking-liberals than not in this country and this election really counts. Angry words, though deserved, gives the opposition power to deflect their own downfalls/illegal actions away from themselves and call their opposition all sorts of untrue names; i.e. - prejudice, zealots, the whole shebang...  though personally, I am against abortion, I believe in traditional marriages (only), I am against taking our children away from innocence into an adult "sexed up" society, I am confused by rulings that deny Christ @ Christmas but will allow men dressed in barely there costumes to parade down the streets of our towns where a "float" with a manger scene is deemed offensive to those same [men] who use a Christian Holiday to promote their personal sexuality so provocatively in front of children/families down the streets of our towns; that watching millions of uneducated illegals come across our borders right now is frightening - that releasing hundreds of thousand of illegal immigrant felons from prisons including murderers/ rapists et al. is insane, the continual disregard for our financial stability as a nation,  and that our government is doing all of this on purpose...  anyway, there are a lot of other bizarre nightmares happening currently; but - with self-control, I myself, have decided not to bring up what some left-wing nuts may call/frame as "fringe"/overly-conservative issues when talking of what/why a vote for this and not for that matters so much.  I know that might sound wrong to some, but not intended.  I believe the big picture is so important right now that one unified message is more important than complaining about some other issues.  I guarantee that if they/he can use the media to twist anything, he will.  But if what is voiced loudly is also common to the "middle of" both the Republican Party and the Dems, without misleading, I think many in the middle will agree/join the fight to restore the United States.  Remember:  there are many who are worried about their own financial fiascos on the horizon...  what do they say?  one paycheck away from; just hanging on.  So the reality of a way to get out of this mess/give back security/peace of mind is important.  I know:  was a Republican, tried being a Dem, thought about Libertarian... realized Tea Party, even though the media has had a field day with Tea Partiers  - and I believe they took that stance only to protect themselves from abuses; ie - audits and other harassments . it's an electronic world, but I also believe now many are realizing it was this Admin and their controls that caused the bad-mouthing...  so being your "average" American, I think others are angry but don't want to sound angry.  (Political correctness has bullied the middle into submission?)  and progress/change/protection from looming disaster and political bullies is what the Tea Party represents. 

PS - Mexico is an opportunistic partner with our government and though our friend, the Mexican Govt. does give all citizens free medical - sparsley started in the 80s when companies (telecom etc) started setting up shop south of the border as a condition of... but they also have stricter laws than we do regarding their criminals and it is expensive for their government - and other governments south of Mexico to control portions of their populations.  It does them no good financially/security-wise whatsoever to keep citizens of no means in their own borders.  Since our government does not require our own laws be respected, and the Mexican Govt. is responsible for the security of their own nation, I see no reason for Mexico to do other than what they are currently doing.

Ronald, I finally agree with you.  Right On!

What about Abortion Obama, is that you idea of a " humanitarian situation ".

That would explain why FEMA was reported to be trying to buy up such a large amount of the available long-term survival food supply.  

Now instead of busing the illegals apprehended by ICE to border towns like McAllen, Texas; and dropping them at the local bus station, they can bus them to the nearest FEMA Camp.  They can house and feed them there until the Democrats can push through whatever Amnesty Program they are able to shove down the throats of our elected representatives.  

I like the school bus idea.  We should drive 50,000 Mexicans back to the border every day and cut off all benefits.  The Mexicans are not our friends and never will be.  I live in Latin America and the Latinos are constantly bombarded with anti American propaganda by 5th columnist from the Alianza Bolivariana group of countries.  They have a great following in Mexico.  Obama will never do that though because these illegals will become leftist voters who will kill our American culture and take away our freedoms.  Either we do something this year to get rid of Obama or we will have him for life.  P

These are Children...under age minors.  The only responsible thing to do is to immediately return them to the nearest Mexican Border Crossing to transfer their custody to Mexican officials... for return to their nearest relative in Mexico or to be cared for by the Mexican government.  We don't need to become the welfare state for all the homeless children in Mexico... and there are millions.

We have no obligation to maintain, house, feed, clothe or care for Mexican nationals or their delinquent children.  The only humanitarian response is to return these children to Mexico and their family in Mexico or to the State of Mexico for their care. That is best accomplished by immediately returning them ... within 24hrs of being picked up.

If Mexico refuses them... close the border to all Mexican Citizens seeking ENTRY into the US;  allow returning US Citizens, other foreign nationals, and commercial traffic to cross the border... Until Mexico agrees to take custody of their dependent Children.  Do not assume US custody of these children by word or deed.  If we assume custody of them we are responsible for their care... billions of dollars in care.

Mexico has millions of street orphans... this may be their way of dealing with them... Give them an inner tube and tell them to paddle across the Rio Grand to the US Side and start crying for help.

I'll volunteer to be a driver.

Start looking for voting booths adjusted to the height of a child.  They can make it fun with "Find the Democrat and Vote Game". Hey kid wanna eat, don't you?

Voter ID with Pictures and an election system when someone signs in, it goes into the computer and sends a red flag if they show up at another site.

BS... the most direct and appropriate response is to notify Mexico to pick up these abandoned children of Mexican Nationality or too load them on buses and return them to the nearest Mexican council or border agents/crossings. 

Since when is it our responsibility to take care of these delinquent Mexican Children... Obama is insane.  We only have the duty too IMMIDIATELY, without the need of legal action or review, return these under age dependents of MEXICO to MEXICO. Let Mexico sort out where they came from and to whom they need to be returned.

We must immediately notify our members of Congress regarding this issue... America doesn't need to spend 1.5 Billion to deal with Mexican delinquents. Pack them up as fast as they swim or walk across our border and return them directly to the nearest sovereign Mexican authority, either at the nearest border crossing or Mexican council.

sometimes don't you wonder if pictures of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid one Margarita over the line exist? 

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Lisa BensonPolitical Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

ALERT ALERT

Pay-Back !!! Pedophile Who Assaulted Nearly 200 Kids Stabbed To Death In Prison

A convicted pedophile who abused almost 200 children was stabbed to death in North Yorkshire, England, on Sunday.

Richard Huckle, 33, from Ashford, Kent, was given 22 life sentences in 2016 after he admitted to sexually abusing 71 kids whose ages ranged from six months to 12 years between 2006 and 2014, according to the BBC.

The report said Huckle was attacked with a makeshift knife while inside his cell at the Full Sutton Prison.

At the pedophile’s trial in 2016, investigators said they found over 20,000 indecent photos and videos of his assaults, which were shared with other pedophiles via a site on the dark web called The Love Zone.

Reports said that prior to his arrest, Huckle posed as an English teacher and Christian volunteer worker in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where he groomed impoverished children.

In one of his online posts, Huckle reportedly wrote “Impoverished kids are definitely much easier to seduce than middle-class Western kids.”

Reports said he attempted to make money from his crimes by crowdfunding the release of the photos.

“Huckle also created a 60-page ‘how-to’ guide for other pedophiles seeking to evade being caught, and kept a scorecard and points system regarding the children who were abused — leading investigators to speculate he may have as many as 200 victims,” a Fox News report stated.

At his sentencing in 2016, Judge Peter Rook condemned Huckle for his heinous crimes he said had become routine for the pedophile.

Rook commented:

Your offending behavior became entrenched in your everyday life. Your life revolved around your sexual activities with young children. Your distorted beliefs in respect of children are deep-seated. Your self-delusion knows no bounds. It is also clear that, had you not been arrested, you planned to continue the same lifestyle using the expertise that you were keen to show off to and share with other abusers so as to continue your sexual exploitation of the children of such communities.

Reports said prior to his death, Huckle refused to cooperate with authorities when they tried to unlock a cache of encrypted files he had access to that may contain the names of victims and other pedophiles, according to Fox News.

BONUS VIDEO

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service