Obama says Muslim refugees are like Catholics in 1900

WASHINGTON — President Obama delivered a full-throated defense of a liberal immigration policy Tuesday, saying,America betrays its history and its values when it fails to welcome those fleeing poverty, hunger, war and persecution from all over the world.

Speaking at a naturalization ceremony for 31 new American citizens at the National Archives, Obama compared the current wave of immigrants to the waves of German, Scottish, Irish and German immigrants of the past.

"You don’t look alike. You don’t worship the same way, but here, surrounded by the very documents whose values bind us together as one people, you've raised your hands and sworn a sacred oath. I'm proud to be among the first to greet you as our fellow Americans," Obama told the newly sworn citizens.

But Obama's speech was more than a welcoming. It was a not-so-subtle retort to Republican presidential candidates — notably, Donald Trump — who have promised to put a halt to Muslim refugees and to deport the undocumented Mexican and Central American immigrants already here.

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said the president's speech does "stand in stark contrast to the rhetoric and divisiveness that will be on full display at the Republican debate tonight,"

Obama said immigration was at the core of the American identity. "In the Muslim immigrant today, we see the Catholic immigrant of a century ago," Obama said. "In the Syrian refugee of today, we should see the Jewish refugee of World War II."

Obama said those immigrants of yesterday also fled persecution and war, and "their paperwork wasn’t always in order."

He recounted a litany of past abuses of immigrants, silently comparing them to today's environment: The forced immigration of African slaves, anti-Catholic discrimination exhibited in signs reading, "No Irish need apply," and the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II.

"We succumbed to fear. We betrayed not only our fellow Americans, but our deepest values. It's happened before," Obama said. "Those who betrayed those values were themselves the children of immigrants. How quickly we forget. One generation passes, two generations pass and suddenly we don’t remember where we came from."

See More: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/12/15/defending-im...

Views: 558

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just in case someone missed this I,m taking the liberty of cut and pasting this info. Watch all these Catholics.

First and foremost, Watch out for the LIES. www.youtube.com/watch?v=44vzMNG2fZc

Gun up! Defy the so called government led by a mooslime and his amnesty program, if or when these animals start this here in the U.S. it will be up to us to put a stop to them. And anyone that tries to stop us is against us. I'm am not isliamaphobic,  I do not fear them, I detest them and their so called culture and what they are attempting and planning to do. Want my defensive weapon, bring body bags! I will defend myself, my family and neighbors regardless of the so called refugee program that oshithead wants as well as many other stupid people. They should be sent back to their own countries and live like the animals they are. I will put down a rabid dog just as fast as anyone that attempts to assault my family. The police can not protect us from this kind of garbage!!

This is not hate speech - it is a fact, that every red blooded American should share.

RetArmy, of course it is not hate speech.  It is the free speech of an American Patriot who loves his country enough to stand up and fight for it and those he loves.

May God Bless and defend you and all like you who are willing to lay down their lives for a friend.  I pray it does not come to that but if it does, I will stand with you Brother.

Thank you! And God Bless and your family, Marry Christmas to all.

James, despite that photo which is the face of true islime, some liberal moron will still argue that not all muslimes are like that.  My reply to them is the skittle principle, which for those who may not have heard it I will repeat.

If someone gave you a bowl with 100 skittles in it, then told you that only 10-20% of them contain a deadly poison that can kill you and your family, how many skittles would you eat from that bowl?  Of course a sane person would say NONE.

Now replace skittles with muslimes, then ask "How many muslimes should we allow into America with some of them living next door to you and your family"? A sane person would again say NONE for allowing even 1 muslime into America opens the possibility that they will commit acts of mass murder.

Now I will take it a step further. Since the government knows and admits that "only" 10-20% of muslimes are committed to violent jihad, but still promotes them coming to America, does not that decision rise to the level of Treason since they KNOW that some percentage of the muslimes they bring here are committed to murdering Americans and enslaving us to the satanic cult of islime?  Of course an intellectually honest person will say yes, the decisions of government do rise to Treason, so in order to protect America, we not only need to deport ALL muslimes while banning more form entering, we also need to execute ALL traitors for they are knowingly and intentionally bringing people here whose goal in life is to murder non muslimes.

oh let's see. Those who name their executioner Isa, also known as Jesus—versus the King of King, Lord of Lords, virgin born, Jesus Christ. The ONE who died FOR us, SAVED us, REDEEMED us, who gives us HIS peace and will call us up one day soon.

Yep, that's a realistic comparison.

Those past immigrants wanted to live here and wanted to learn the language and assimilate.  Muslims do not and never will.  Muslims want everything any American has for nothing.  The USA is the main prize.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by Mike Lester

ALERT ALERT

Democrat Disaster! 53% Of Black Voters, 60% Of Other Minorities Say Liberal Media Trying To Help Democrats Impeach Trump

Thanks to President Donald Trump ALL Americans now know the mainstream fake-news media is an extension of the Democrat Party.

In a recent poll a majority of black voters and minority voters say the media is trying to help Democrats impeach President Trump.

And half of FOX News too, by the way.

CNS News reported:

Both black voters and other minority voters are more convinced than white voters that most reporters are trying to help impeach President Donald Trump, rather than report the news fairly – with a majority of each of the three groups holding that view – a new Rasmussen Reports survey reveals.

In the national voter survey, conducted November 12-13, 53% of all voters said most reporters are trying to help impeach Trump:

“When they write or talk about the impeachment effort, are most reporters trying to help impeach President Trump or block his impeachment? Or are most reporters simply interested in reporting the news in an unbiased manner?”:

“Help impeach President Trump”: 53%
“Block his impeachment”: 8%
Report “news in an unbiased an unbiased manner”: 32%

But, 53% of black voters and 60% of other minorities, compared to 51% of whites, said reporters are trying to get Trump rather than report the news fairly.

Tucker: 'Star' witnesses couldn't point to any high-crimes

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service