Obama's Weakly Address: Where Congress isn’t acting, I’ll act on my own

Remarks of President Barack Obama

Weekly Address

The White House

January 18, 2014

Hi, everybody.  This week, I visited a company in Raleigh, North Carolina that helps make electric motors that save businesses money on energy costs and cut harmful carbon pollution. 

And I stopped by N.C. State University, where engineers are set to develop the new technology that will make those motors even better.

It’s part of my push not only to make America home to more high-tech manufacturing – but to make America more attractive for the good jobs that a growing middle class requires. 

And increasingly, we are.  Thanks in part to our all-of-the-above strategy for American energy, for the first time in nearly two decades, we produce more oil here at home than we buy from the rest of the world.  We generate more renewable energy than ever, and more natural gas than anybody.  Health care costs are growing at their slowest rate in 50 years – due in part to the Affordable Care Act.  And since I took office, we’ve cut our deficits by more than half.

So we are primed to bring back more of the good jobs claimed by the recession, and lost to overseas competition in recent decades.  But that requires a year of action.  And I want to work with Congress this year on proven ways to create jobs, like building infrastructure and fixing our broken immigration system.

Where Congress isn’t acting, I’ll act on my own to put opportunity within reach for anyone who’s willing to work for it. That’s what I did in Raleigh by launching America’s second “manufacturing innovation institute.”  It’s a partnership between companies, colleges, and the federal government focused on making sure American businesses and American workers win the race for high-tech manufacturing and the jobs that come with it – jobs that can help people and communities willing to work hard punch their ticket into the middle class. 

I firmly believe that this can be a breakthrough year for America.  But to make that happen, we’re gonna have to act – to create good jobs that pay good wages, and to offer more Americans a fair shot to get ahead.  That’s what I’m focused on every day that I have the privilege of serving as your president. That’s what I’m going to be focused on every single day of this year.

Thanks, and have a great weekend.

Views: 491

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you completely, Harold10, about Nixon being a target of "so-called conservatives," and the left. In fact when the whole Watergate mess started I wrote to Mr. Nixon and told him that, like Louis XVI of France, they won't stop until they have your head!  And they got it because Mr. Nixon cared more about America than himself.   And Mr. Nixon took the time to write and thank me for my support.

Aside from that, we are all now like that proverbial frog thrown into cold water and the heat  put on and slowly, slowly, we will all be cooked!  That is the left's goal, and Mr. Obama's in particular. Now is the time to jump out of the cauldron.  How?  Short of a revolution, we better figure it out fast!  Just cussing won't get the job done.  The left has no trouble getting its opinions out there because they have the media in their pocket, but still, we are the heart of America and if we allow ourselves to be cooked, it will be our fault.  Not enough protesting in the right places.  The left is not lazy, and they never give up.  So, what's our problem?

unfortunately "King Obumble" can't DO that.    So how bout if SOMEONE STOPS HIM !!!!!    Yeah right.. if we could finally get some people in DC that have backbones !!!  

TREASON!
I HOPE HE ACTS ON HIS OWN , THAT WILL BE MORE CONCRETE EVIDENCE OF HIS LAWLESSNESS , IN LIVING COLOR , WITH AUDIO. .

We only have about 12 statesmen in house and senate.

I have news for this lustrous US President. All these things that he's writing on his own, they can be taken down with stroke of the pen of the next President. They have no legality since a President is only a manager, and the US Congress is the only that has the voice on the mater to set laws. I thought he was an expert on US Constitutional Law. Expert my ass, this guy is a tyrant. I wonder for how long is the American people would stand up for this ingrate.

this is a lie! can you tell, by the way he saying it! its all a joke he's been telling that ever since he got into office nothing change.

BS, your focused on Welfare because you want the American People be holding to you. What did Obama focus on for the last five years. I am sick of hearing the words FAIR and RIGHT coming out of his mouth!

that's all he knows in fact he doesn't know what those word mean anyway

It sounds so good, but it is so empty. President Obama is a educated man, but he has no common sense and has no reasoning skills. Because you can re-sight what you have learned does not mean that you are intelligent. It means that you can remember things. Action on knowledge with great outcomes is intelligence. However, if you have noticed what ever he seems to act on gets worse then better. So there are two conclusions one can come to, either his intelligence is to destroy America (which is quite likely), or he is dumb as a stump. He wants us to think that he is as dumb as a stump when really, his intelligent actions are to destroy this country. He is break law to do it, and because of the race card, people are unwilling to use the law to get rid of him. His color has nothing to do with why I want him to be impeached. His purpose to destroy this great country, is my motivating factor. I could careless that he is a Afro-American. I look at him as a human being with equal rights to me. He is abusing his rights not because of his skin color, but because of his inner personal motives, and that is why he must be impeached. He is a bad seed and he has chosen his way. His way is not the way of our forefathers. We are all sinners, and fall short of the glory of God. But when we use our sin nature to destroy others, it is time that we remove people for office where they can effect the out come of a country. He has clearly over stepped these boundaries and it is time for him to go bye bye...

are you sure he is an educated man I don't think so with all what he did he seems to me not an educated person I am sory

What a self centered load of BS. Same old turgid crap. He hasn't created any meaningful jobs in 6 years.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom StiglichPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

Florida Sheriff — “I Will Not Enforce Assault Weapons Ban, Neither Will Most Sheriffs”

Dennis Lemma, who is the Sheriff in Central Florida’s Seminole County, told a group of 2nd Amendment activists recently that he would not enforce an assault weapons ban that could soon become Florida law if the “Ban Assault Weapons Now” amendment passes in the Sunshine State.

According to News965, the ban has the following specifications.

The amendment proposed in the state legislature would ban possession of assault weapons, which are defined as “semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once, either in fixed or detachable magazine, or any other ammunition feeding device.”

Lemma, an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment and a first term sheriff who is running for re-election, said this about whether or not he would enforce such a law.

“It’s not only that I wouldn’t, the majority of sheriffs across the state would not do it,” Lemma said in the video. It’s up to the sheriffs what they are willing to enforce.”

Trump Holds Rally in Milwaukee, WI 1-14-20

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service