Obama's Legacy: Half Of College Students Now Expect Taxpayers To Bail Them Out

Image result for obama liedStudent Loans: When President Obama came into the White House eight years ago, he promised a "New Era of Responsibility." It didn't work out that way, particularly for student loans, leaving President Trump with a huge mess to clean up.

In fact, when it comes to borrowing for college, students are being utterly irresponsible.

A recent survey by LendEDU of 500 current college students found that 49.8% of them think that the federal government will forgive their loans after they graduate.

"In reality," LendEDU's Mike Brown notes, "a very small percentage of graduates will even qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness. It is worrisome that current students may be over-borrowing on the hope that their student debt will be forgiven in the future."

Worrisome, indeed, particularly given that the amount federal student loan debt is currently $1.3 trillion, and rising fast.

Of that, $31 billion is seriously delinquent — meaning that debtors are at least 90 days past due on their payments. In fact, at 11.2%, the delinquency rate on student loans is 57% higher than credit card debt, and nearly four times the rate of all loans combined.

For the most part, it is President Obama who is to blame for this mess. One of his first actions as president was to nationalize the student loan program, cutting out private lenders and instead having the government lend directly to students.

As a result, direct lending went from 21% of federal student aid in 2009 to 73% today, and the total amount of student loan debt on the federal books doubled in eight years.

At the same time, Obama made it easier for students to avoid paying back the full cost of those loans, and repeatedly spoke as if students were victims who deserved to be protected from their own debt. In fact, Obama's "reforms" of student lending became widely known as the "Obama Student Loan Forgiveness" program.

read more:

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/obamas-legacy-half-of-...

Views: 337

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HA HA no longer a tax payer. My thanks to all you tax payers for making my social security payments. Did I get the attention of all you young educated liberal victims? But I would gladly give up my S.S. check to get rid of the income tax and SS taxes that the supreme court declared unconstitutional in 1894.. 

Please put "educated" in quotation marks.  The university education of our current system is more of an indoctrination system for unwary students with "skulls full of mush" when they arrive, and skulls full of falsehood when they leave.  

"...supreme court declared unconstitutional in 1894.."

Yes, and they told us in 1917 that the 16th amendment '...GRANTED THE CONGRESS NO NEW TAXING POWER.'  Makes no difference, though... 

"If you tell a lie" statement from Obama was a quote from Hitler, and Obama has told as many lies as he can and a lot of uninformed Americans believed him,students who expect Government to pay off their College loans are living in the dream World where everything is free like the kids who play sports and everybody wins, there are no losers, they will have miserable lives if they think that way, somebody has to pay and it will be the next generation, 

Only a braindead liberal would expect someone else to pay for their waste.

They will be paying for it the rest of their lives, crying every day.

RSS

Lighter Side

HOT TEA VIDEO

Maxine Waters Gives Sick Order to Black People

YES PATRIOT STORE

© 2017   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service