Obama Pushes More Federal Oversight of Cops After Dallas Attack on Cops

President Barack Obama is harnessing the increasing attacks on police — and the periodic shootings of people by stressed cops — to push his agenda to federalize state and local police forces.

“I want to start moving on constructive actions that are actually going to make a difference,” he said during his evening press conference in Poland when he was asked about the Dallas attack. 

Those actions, he said, would  be based on the recommendations of the panel that he picked after the 2014 street riots in Ferguson, Missouri. The panel offered “practical concrete solutions that can reduce — if not eliminate — the problems of racial bias,” Obama said. 

The dramatic shootings are an opportunity to push that agenda, Obama said. “If my voice has been true and positive, my hope would be that… [the panel] surfaces problems, it frames them, it allows us to wrestle with these issue and try to come up with practical solutions,” he said.

Obama began touting the panel’s recommendations in March 2015. The report, titled “President’s Task Force on 21st Century Policing Report,” was published in May 2015.

The report urges the federal government to federalize police training and practices, via the use of federal lawsuits, grants and threats to cut federal aid. So far, Obama’s deputies have cajoled and sued more than 30 police jurisdictions to adopt federal rules in a slow-motion creation of a national police system, similar to the slow-motion creation of a federal-run health-sector via Obamacare.

Obama also used the press conference to insulate his federalized police program — and his allies in the Black Live Matter movement — from popular rejection after the five police were murdered by the anti-cop African-American in Dallas.

“The danger is that we somehow think the act of a troubled person speaks to some larger political statement across the country — it doesn’t,” Obama insisted. 

read more:

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/07/09/dallas-o...

Views: 504

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Martial Law is coming to America sooner than we think
Never waste a good tragedy. Right out of the Saul Alinsky playback. How the American sheeple don't see this blows my mind!

Like every other recent crisis involving police and black victims (Furgison, Mo., Baltimore, Md.) this case is now shaping up to be something entirely different than first portrayed by the MSM and the immediate witnesses.

It now appears that the officer in question stopped the couple because they met the description of a couple that had recently engaged in an armed robbery.  Tapes and recorded radio traffic between the officer and dispatch paint a different story... the officer pulled over the couple for suspicion of Armed Robbery.  Upon approaching the vehicle the Officer radios in that the deceased had a gun in HIS LAP... not concealed.  The Officer apparently ordered the man (more than once) to take his hands off the weapon and did he not... resulting in the officer fearing for his life and firing in what may well have been self-defense..

Why hasn't the MSM verified the girl friends story regarding the stop... that the deceased in fact had a concealed carry permit... did he?  How about the stop being for suspicion of Armed Robbery and the position of the gun in his lap... that frames the event under a totally different light.  There is video that supposedly shows something which appears to be a weapon in his lap... Why has the MSM failed to review the video and too enhance the object in the man's lap?  Did this deceased individual have a criminal record... how about the girl friend?

This event may end up like the Ferguson and Baltimore events...  justifiable use of force by the police. The MSM, the President and others have all piled on before ALL the facts were known... and we still don't know with any degree of certainty what happened.  However, I am of the opinion that the officer would not simply murder this man... especially, given the fact that it was on video and with recent problems in policing with making stops involving Blacks.

Congress has had many opportunities to get rid of this fraud of a president, but passed. The brain dead voters continue to keep in office the same politicians who enable the subversion of the Constitution to continue? Why are voters so easily manipulated by the politicians? Are voters THAT stupid? Apparently so.

The current administration may have NOTHING to do with cast votes. Criminal corruption can arrange results in elections just like I have witnessed so often in the bananna republics of Central and South America. I have watched landslide wins in elections south of our borders and only one candidate. There may be more than one on the ballot, but with the one candidates people counting the votes, it will not matter how the people vote. The investigation of voter fraud is done by the same people counting the votes in the first place. This is the situation in the USA at present to my understanding. Your vote once cast goes to the hands of a criminal that interprets what your vote means by their own political stance. Our elections are long ago corrupted and perverted and any investigation is done by those that did the voter fraud themselves! The current administration is not above voter fraud since murder is so very useful to them. Our disarmament is seen as the final blow to the USA that will destroy our nation and put us underfoot of islam. The corrupter in chief is also the terrorist in chief and this nations worst enemy. Too late, the poor pawns that believe in him will see that it was all a lie as they kneel at the mass burial pit where they will be shot for outliving their usefulness. Communist manifesto says to blame the victims and Obamas first move is to investigate the victims. I back the police in my community and nationwide if they are honest and true to their oaths. That BLM group gets funding and orders from CAIR and I am sure many of their members do not even know that. Obama has funded CAIR and the muslim brotherhood with OUR TAX DOLLARS! We are paying to murder our own police by having an enemy in office!

Well the United States of America is going to be under Martial Law

The SOB sees' everything as its the cops fault. The Lying SOB caused all the Race problems on purpose for one reason to stir up a hornets nest of unrest. Now he has cops killed on a regular basis and wants to further hamstring their ability to enforce the law. The Bastard.

The article is mostly correct. obama's rhetoric against the police and his support of the racist group black lies matter have helped to spark and inflame thoughts that the police are out to kill black men. The black panthers and black lies matter groups are nothing more than a black version of the KKK. obama's coddling and support of these groups does indeed push the thoughts of troubled people that agree with him to become radicalized and pursue actions such as the shooter in Dallas. The best thing that obama can do for the next seven months is to go play golf and stay away from microphones and public venues.

The act of a 'troubled person'?  Define troubled person.  When Obama uses the term 'troubled person', he is attempting to not only make excuses, but to minimize a horrific act.  It was not an act of a troubled man, even if his thinking is troubling.  It was the act of a rational well plan full of hate to kill white people, especially white cops.  That is far more than a troubling act.  I would bet if it was a white Christian man, Obama would send drones to the Vatican to take out the Pope.  Both sides of our cheeks are red and on fire.  The neck muscles must be cramping from turning them so often.  If this doesn't stop, someone is going to take out their great, great, great grandfather's 'hoody' with the big red cross, and put it on.   

Thank you Veronica, I appreciate being appreciated.  As provocative as it is, it's also logical.  There is this familiar youtube video of a young school boy just trying to get through the school day only to be bullied by some kid looking to impress others.   Every opportunity the bully would get into the school boy's face yelling where spit would fly into the school boy's face.  He would turn and run away.  The bully making body jesters as if he was Arnold Swarzenager.  One day the boy had enough and turned not away, but towards the bully, grabbing him by the neck in one hand and between the legs in the other hand, picking him up and slamming him to the ground.  The sound of him hitting the ground caused everyone watching to go silent for a few seconds, only to burst out in cheers.  The black community, which includes Obama, is bullying the White, Hispanic and even many thinking for themselves in the black communities.  In the past, the blacks would do their riot thing and eventually all will be forgotten.  Now there is the BLM, the New Black Panthers....and Obama, the first black president.   How much longer do you think those communities would continue to run away?  There is only so many times good people can turn the other cheek.   

the guy in the white house is part of the black lives matter and the New Black Panther

Wussification?  Great word....it's mine now...lol.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by Lisa BensonPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

CONFUSION:   Pelosi Says Constitution Spells Out ‘Two Co-Equal Branches’ Of Government

No Nancy. No.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi must be taking night classes at the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez School of Government.

Pelosi, the 79-year-old third-highest ranking official in the U.S. government, was speaking to the Center for American Progress today when she mistakenly said there are “two co-equal branches” of government, before correcting herself to say there are three.

Watch:

“First of all, let me just say, we take an oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States,” Pelosi said.

“Democrats take that oath seriously, and we are committed to honoring our oath of office. I’m not sure that our Republican colleagues share that commitment, and I’m not sure that the president of the United States does, too,” she claimed.

“So, in light of the fact that the beauty of the Constitution is a system of checks and balances— two co-equal branches— three co-equal branches of government,” she corrected with a laugh.

“A check and balance on each other,” she continued. “Con— Constitution spells out the pri— pa, uh, the duties of Congress and one of them is oversight of the president of the United States, another one of them is to impeach the president of the United States,” Pelosi said.

In November, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez rallied supporters on Facebook to pitch in and help Democrats take back “all three chambers of Congress.”

“…the Progressive movement works and it wins in all districts…If we work our butts off to make sure that we take back all three chambers of Congress– three chambers of government…,” she said during the virtual appearance.

She clarified that she meant the “presidency, the Senate and the House.”

According to the Constitution, the three branches of government are the legislative, executive and judicial.

Below: Nancy Pelosi is continuing to promote the false narrative that President Trump is involved in a cover-up and therefore may be guilty of an impeachable offense. Millie Weaver joins Alex to break down the propaganda being used to overturn the democratic election of 2016 

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service