Obama on soaring health insurance premiums: ‘I had nothing to do with that’

Image result for obama is liarSure, it’s classic Obama deflection. He could probably smear dog crap on the bottom of your shoe and somehow make the case that it was all because of Republicans. He is that brazen. But it’s also a classic case of something Obama shares with many other liberals - the utter failure to understand that when the government messes around with private markets, the uninvited intervention affects all aspects of the private market. Because markets work like that.

Speaking in Florida, Obama insists that rising health insurance rates have nothing whatsoever to do with ObamaCare, and argues that most people get their health insurance from employer plans that are not ObamaCare plans. Thus, how can it possibly be his fault?

President Barack Obama offers multiple excuses for why health insurance premiums continue to skyrocket, including blaming Republicans and insurance companies for the problems.

He complains that too many reporters spend more time discussing premium increases than explaining why he isn’t responsible for them.

“No, I had nothing to do with that,” Obama said, calling it “complicated” despite the “hysteria” that was growing.

. . .

The president argued that most people got their health care from their jobs, insisting that Obamacare didn’t even affect their premiums or health policy changes.

“These are decisions made by your employers, it’s not because of Obamacare,” he said.

This is very much like when Democrats want to raise tax rates and insist it will have no effect whatsoever on economic growth, or job creation. Why, those are separate expenses! That wasn’t because of what we did!

read more:

http://canadafreepress.com/article/obama-on-soaring-health-insuranc...

Views: 471

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Andy...

I'd rather see Trump sworn in and immediately have a few hundred US Marshalls arrest several hundred of the most corrupt political leaders in DC... starting with Obama and both Clintons, working their way down to individuals like Pelosi and Ryan...they certainly are criminally culpable in the corruption found in DC and our government.

"RICO" would be a GREAT tool for most of this stuff... especially for the folks abusing that Global Warming crap for personal financial benefit and political gain. 

I liked the idea above, send them to Gitmo, but put them in a 5'X5'X'5' cubic hole in the ground with a bucket for their excrement, bread and water, no daylight, no clothes for 6 months. This means they are going to die long before their term would be up. They do not deserve anything better as they have nearly destroyed our country.

it's natural, inevitable for health care costs to skyrocket when everybody's using 3rd party payer comprehensive health care insurance. It's been being proven for 50 years;

-------------------

But, as Book and Fodeman note, all of these increases take place within a distorted health care market, driven by misaligned economic incentives. Since 1965, “third-party payments increased from 48 percent to 85 percent”. Third party payers, they argue, “may appear to have an incentive to encourage efficient use of resources, but ultimately they do not pay the price for inefficiency.” Patients, doctors, and insurers alike are thus insulated from the direct effects of increased spending; patients and taxpayers ultimately experience the pain, albeit indirectly. ---- http://blog.heritage.org/2010/02/19/obamacare-bends-the-cost-curve-...

On a per capita basis, health care spending increased by a factor of six between 1965 and 2005, after adjusting for inflation.[7] In 2008, the latest year for which figures other than projections are available, total health care spending in the United States was $2.34 trillion (16.2 percent of GDP), up 4.4 percent from the $2.24 trillion spent the previous year. By contrast, in 1960, total health spending accounted for only 5.2 percent of GDP. Since then, health spending has more than tripled as a percentage of GDP.[8] The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) forecasts that, if present trends continue, health care spending will account for 25 percent of GDP by 2025, 37 percent by 2050, and 49 percent by 2082.[9] --- http://www.heritage.org/Research/HealthCare/bg2369.cfm
----------
what's the percentage of incomes spent on health care now? 30% or more. Significantly higher than 30 years ago. As long as we believe comprehensive health care insurance is 'the answer', it's only gonna go higher.

I was a kid until the late '60s.  I recall visiting Dr. Skinner's office in Durham, NC whenever I needed help with an illness or vaccinations. Those visits were rare.  As I recall, Doc Skinner had ONE nurse / receptionist / cashier / assistant in his office.  Mom paid for my visit on the way out the door.  If insurance companies of today were FORCED to offer plans that did NOT cover primary care, I'll bet the entire landscape of medicine would change for the better.  I see no reason why this mid-'60s model wouldn't work today for everything but serious illness or injury- i.e. the stuff INSURANCE was meant to cover in the first place.

Of course, we'll have to get DEMOCRATS out of the way to do this.  Maybe TRIAL LAWYERS, too.

yeah Andy. something like that is what has to be reinstated. this whole concept of 3rd party payer comprehensive care as the established standard cannot be sustainable. It can only result in failure, unfortunately probably for the whole national economy.

They've successfully demonized 'self medication' now, which is basically taking care of the small stuff yourself. Running to the doctor for every little matter on somebody else's dime can only result in skyrocketing costs, as well as a completely ignorant to how to take care of yourself populace - as it has.

returning to the concept of major medical insurance being a significant part of the health care system, with primary care being paid by the consumer is a much more sane system to have, especially fiscally sane.  -- and residually, if our catastrophic health care costs were the issue as it was reasoned to be, fed/gov coulda provided each and every one of us major medical insurance at a much lower cost than what it's spent on forcing obiecare down our throats.   It's just not about healthcare, it's about taking authority over us. 

Total health care spending in the United States was $2.34 trillion (16.2 percent of GDP), up 4.4 percent from the $2.24 trillion spent the previous year. By contrast, in 1960, total health spending accounted for only 5.2 percent of GDP.

Since then, health spending has more than tripled as a percentage of GDP.[8] The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) forecasts that, if present trends continue, health care spending will account for 25 percent of GDP by 2025, 37 percent by 2050, and 49 percent by 2082.[9] -- http://www.heritage.org/Research/HealthCare/bg2369.cfm   No other commodity or service is increasing at such a phenomenal rate.

Based on data released by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the U.S. led the developed world in 2012, spending $8,745 per capita on health care. Turkey, by contrast, spent just $984 per capita, the lowest among developed countries.

I can tell you that the problems with the health care system are driven by GREED AND AVARICE... I have traveled the world and health care in most foreign countries is much, much cheaper.  I was a private DOD contractor in Iraq and had my own health insurance... after being air evaced to Kuwait City, Kuwait I stayed in an intensive care facility for 5 days... before being moved to the US... the total cost was 980 Kuwaiti Dollars or about 2000 US dollars... I had several doctors and round the clock nursing care while in intensive care... the same care in the US would have bankrupted me. 

The Point is that we are being lied too by the health care industry... we are being overcharged by several fold.  Many people are now leaving the US for elective surgery and other routine procedures to be done in places like Mexico, India and Europe... the costs are so much cheaper that they can pay for the travel to and from these countries and still receive quality care for less than in the US. 

Insurance Companies, Doctors and Hospitals/Clinics should never be allowed to operate as a consortium... owned by the same people or companies.  We are seeing monopolistic rate increases in health care costs... Rates for health insurance and medical care are increasing at inordinately high percentages of GDP... indicating that something other than SUPPLY AND DEMAND are at work... and that something is GREED and AVARICE.

The Health Care Industry would tell us that our care is the best in the world ... well that is crap... as we are ranked by several international organizations as having higher death rates, lower life expectancy and more health issues than most modern European Nations... how does that compute... Oops it doesn't.  In fact, we do have some of the cutting edge research hospitals and clinics but they are very expensive and few individuals are able to access them.  Our innovative skills in Medicine are world renown but few are able to benefit from them....

Example, our Pharmaceutical Companies are leading the world in innovative medicines however they sell these new remedies to US patients at upwards of 100 times more than they sell them to places like Mexico or Canada... taking them out of reach for many.  Why do you think so many people go to Canada or cross into Mexico for their drugs.  The same is true for Dentistry and other routine medical care... especially for those living on the Borders of Mexico.

Our Medical Industry is overcharging American's... greed and avarice are driving the ambulances and staffing the Hospital Administration and Insurance Companies of America.

yeah Col., greed/avarice is definitely a primary factor. A natural occurrence to be expected when insurance companies are so heavily involved due to their being publically traded stocks. The same applies to pharmaceutical companies. Their quarterly reports are priority 1, and 2 and etc.. until avoiding lawsuits and government penalties come into play. Somewhere past that health maybe gets on the priority list.

We have a presently occurring family anecdote to support my position of there being too much reliance on doctors and the current malfunctioning health care system -- my 84 year old mother is/was fighting some pretty severe digestive problems. She did her usual run-to-the-doctor and take prescribed medication 1st and nothing improved for several miserable weeks. It was so miserable she quit eating. She quit going to the doctor and was ready to give up - pass on. In order to get her to eat I started suggesting tasty, healthy natural remedy foods.. and right now she's crediting honey for finally getting her past the digestive problems and restoring her energy. -- I'm no healthy diet guru, or even a fanatic that advocates it obnoxiously.. but just a guy who trusts nature before the medical field - and I did better for her than the drug pushing doctors. The benefits of self medication on demonstration.

Obama is guilty.

Aww well. We can continue bitching. Nothing will happen. Hillary will be president and we can all continue bitch typing and repeating the same statements of how they should be tarred or hung or they suck. Aww well. Im gonna go buy some made in china can lights and trade in my usa made honda for a mexican made ford. F it. Im going to wal mart and buy wal mart brand gmo canned goods. Im going to pay taxes so illegals can have my money. F it. Aww well.

I believe talking about the current situation is a waste of time. Many know what has to be done. Do it. I suggest people get everyone available out to vote on Nov. 8th.

wonder who is responsible?????????????

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Joe Biden Vows: Give Taxpayer-Funded Obamacare To All Illegal Aliens In U.S.

Former Vice President and 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidate Joe Biden is vowing to give Obamacare, funded by American taxpayers, to all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States.

During an interview with Telemundo’s Jose Diaz-Balart, Biden forgot that Obamacare technically bans illegal aliens from enrolling in healthcare plans — although illegal aliens are still able to obtain subsidized and free healthcare at Americans’ expense — and promised that under his plan, all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens would be able to get Obamacare.

The exchange went as follows:

DIAZ-BALART: When I … NBC moderated that first debate with you, I didn’t … I don’t recall a clear answer, under your plan should … would the 11, 12 million undocumented immigrants that live in the United States, that have been here many for generations, would they have access …

BIDEN: Yes.

DIAZ-BALART: — to health insurance.

BIDEN: Yes, they … if they can buy into the system like everybody else.

DIAZ-BALART: Because you know, in [Obamacare] they can’t.

BIDEN: Yeah. Yeah, I know. Well they can, that’s my point. They continue to be able to do that.

DIAN-BALART: They cannot under the ObamaCare.

BIDEN: Well and that’s my point, they will though. They will be able to buy into … [illegal aliens] would be able to buy in, just like anyone else could.

Biden joins Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg — among other 2020 Democrats — in committing to forcing American taxpayers to pay for healthcare for illegal aliens who arrive in the U.S.

Already, due to loopholes, American taxpayers are spending nearly $20 billion every year to provide illegal aliens with subsidized healthcare, emergency room visits, and other health services.

Under the 2020 Democrats’ plan to provide taxpayer-funded healthcare to all illegal aliens living in the U.S., Americans would be billed potentially $660 billion every decade just to cover the costs. Other research has found that the plan would cost Americans at least $23 billion every year.

As Breitbart News has reported, experts have said that giving taxpayer-funded healthcare to effectively all foreign nationals who can make it to America’s borders would drive “strong incentives for people with serious health problems to enter the country or remain longer than their visas allow in order to get government-funded care.”

Despite 2020 Democrats’ continued push for taxpayer-funded healthcare for illegal aliens, American voters are overwhelmingly opposed to the plan. The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey revealed that the healthcare-for-illegal-aliens plan is the least popular policy position, with opposition from 62 percent of U.S. voters.

Similarly, a CNN poll from July discovered that 63 percent of likely swing voters oppose providing healthcare to illegal aliens, along with nearly 6-in-10 of all likely U.S. voters and 61 percent of moderates. A Rasmussen Reports survey also found that likely voters, by a majority of 55 percent, oppose giving healthcare to even the most low-income illegal aliens.

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service