Obama: Netanyahu undermines Israeli credibility 'as a whole'

President Obama says Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s position on Palestinian statehood undermines the credibility of his country. 

Netanyahu has recently expressed willingness to re-enter talks with Palestinians, but Obama said his stance contains “so many caveats, so many conditions, that it is not realistic to think that those conditions would be met any time in the near future.”

“The danger here is that Israel as a whole loses credibility,” Obama said in an interview with Israel’s Channel 2 TV network that aired Tuesday. 
Obama’s comments could further escalate his long-running feud with Israel’s leader over the two-state solution and the U.S.’s pursuit of a nuclear deal with Iran. 

Netanyahu drew the ire of the White House, when he ruled out the creation of a Palestinian state during his reelection campaign in March. He later walked back those comments. 

The Israeli prime minister said this week he is committed to a two-state solution, but he wants the talks to start with Israel carving out settlement territory it seeks to keep in a peace agreement. Palestinian officials have dismissed Netanyahu’s offer.

"I remain committed to the idea that the only way we can achieve a lasting peace is through the concept of two states for two peoples — a demilitarized Palestinian state that recognizes the Jewish nation state of Israel," Netanyahu said Sunday.

But the president suggested Palestinian officials and others might not see Netanyahu as a reliable negotiating partner. 

“Already, the international community does not believe that Israel is serious about a two-state solution,” Obama said. “The statement the prime minister made compounded that belief that there’s not a commitment there.”

read more:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/243788-obama-netanyahu-...

Views: 297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Devout muslim and muslim brotherhood member and SYMPATHIZER  Obama  HATES ISRAEL-YISRAEL and our JUDEO-CHRISTIAN NATION USA!!

The Jews just went door to door to the Palestinians' homes and throwing them out (of their own bought and paid for homes) along with all of their stuff leaving them with no where to go and food to eat but for the option of going to a concentration camp..And it must of been horrific and tormenting for the Palestinians to see from the camps someone living in their home. It was not like the Jews were putting people in the homes that actually needed a place to live, they paid Jews from around the world to go there to live that already had a nice home to go to..I think that they are the scum of the earth that did that, but not all Jews, I don't support that kind of conduct..How come Mr. Rothschilds did not buy a nice big island for the Jews to call a country, there are plenty of them around to buy...

Prove this with some actual evidence, I follow the plight of Israel closely and have never heard of this.  In fact the Palestinians are the one's that have caused many injuries and deaths, they have attacked the Jews at the wailing wall with no provocation in the past, stabbed people  for no reason other than for being Jewish. I'm afraid Nick you have been led astray.

Dear Nick,

Warning, NO ANTISEITISM HERE!!

Does Obama even have Bibi's phone number anymore,Or if so Did Bibi put obama on a block list.

I would block/reject his phone number, don't want to hear anything from him except "I resign."

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by Michael RamirezPolitical Cartoons by Bob Gorrell

ALERT ALERT

YIKES!!! Chelsea Clinton Emphatically States A Person With A Beard And A Penis Can ‘Absolutely’ Identify As A Woman

• The one issue Hillary and Chelsea don’t appear to agree on entirely is transgender self-identification
  • In an interview with The Sunday Times, journalist Decca Aitkenhead asked the Clintons about transgender self-identification
  • Chelsea Clinton replied ‘yes’ emphatically when asked if someone with a beard and penis can ever be a woman
  • ‘It’s going to take a lot more time and effort to understand what it means to be defining yourself differently,’ Hillary said
  • Aitkenhead said Hillary became ‘uneasy’ when the question was asked while Chelsea shot a ‘furious stare’ at the journalist as her mother answered
  • Hillary added: ‘It’s a very big generational discussion, because this is not something I grew up with or ever saw’

(Daily Mail) – It may appear Hillary and Chelsea Clinton always see eye-to-eye, but in a recent interview one topic cracked the facade of the like-minded mother-daughter power duo.

The one issue Hillary and Chelsea don’t appear to agree on entirely is transgender self-identification.

In an interview with The Sunday Times, journalist Decca Aitkenhead asked the Clintons if someone with a beard and a penis can ever be a woman, to which Chelsea replied emphatically, ‘Yes.’

However, as Aitkenhead describes it, Hillary looked ‘uneasy’, and blamed generational gaps for being less accepting.

‘Errr. I’m just learning about this,’ Hillary responded. ‘It’s a very big generational discussion, because this is not something I grew up with or ever saw. It’s going to take a lot more time and effort to understand what it means to be defining yourself differently.’

The Clintons sat sown with Aitkenhead to promote the book they co-authored, The Book of Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage and Resilience.

The book features Danica Roem, the first trans woman elected to a U.S. state legislature.

According Aitkenhead’s account, she tells Hillary during the interview that many British feminists of Hillary’s generation have a problem with the idea that a ‘lesbian who doesn’t want to sleep with someone who has a penis is transphobic.’

Hillary nods in agreement, while Chelsea ‘stiffens and stares at me’, according to Aitkenhead.

The journalist then adds that many women of Hillary’s generation are uncomfortable with biological males sharing women’s bathrooms.

‘I would say that, absolutely,’ Hillary nods firmly. ‘Absolutely. Yes.’

That’s when Chelsea begins shooting a ‘furious stare’ at Aitkenhead, who points it out to her.

‘I’m a terrible actor’, Chelsea laughs.

Chelsea then says she is thrilled with the National Health Service’s decision to assign patients to single-sex wards according to the gender they identify as, instead of their biological make up.

‘How can you treat someone if you don’t recognize who they feel and know in their core they are?’ Chelsea says.

‘And I strongly support children being able to play on the sports teams that match their own gender identity,’ she adds. ‘I think we need to be doing everything we can to support kids in being whoever they know themselves to be and discovering who they are.’

At this point Hillary looks conflicted.

‘I think you’ve got to be sensitive to how difficult this is,’ Hillary says. ‘There are women who’d say [to a trans woman], ”You know what, you’ve never had the kind of life experiences that I’ve had. So I respect who you are, but don’t tell me you’re the same as me.” I hear that conversation all the time.’

Despite the clear tension in the room, the pair say they don’t argue about this topic.

But according to Aitkenhead, ‘I get the impression they don’t like to present anything less than a united front to the world.’

BONUS VIDEO

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service