Obama favorability below all living White House predecessors, poll shows

President Obama’s favorability is now below that of all his other living predecessors in the White House, including former Presidents George W. Bush and Jimmy Carter, according to a new poll.

Americans were split, 49 percent to 49 percent, on Mr. Obama, while 52 percent had a favorable opinion of Mr. Bush compared to 43 percent with an unfavorable one, according to results from a CNN/ORC poll released Wednesday.

Mr. Bush’s rating was his most positive since April 2005.

Former President Bill Clinton and former President George H.W. Bush each had a 64 percent favorable rating, while Mr. Carter had a 56 percent favorable rating.

Mr. Obama’s job approval rating is also back underwater now as more Americans say things are going badly in the country compared to March.

Fifty-two percent of Americans disapprove of how the president is handling his job, compared to 45 percent who approve. In a March poll, 48 percent approved and 47 percent approved.

Similarly, 52 percent say things in the country are going badly, compared to 47 percent who say things are going well. In March, 53 percent said things were going well — the highest share of Mr. Obama’s presidency.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/3/obama-favorability-b... 

Views: 497

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My own intuition:  10 percent think Obama is doing well cuz they're actively involved in helping the madman, 15 percent are still afraid to speak up (which means they really!!!! don't think his presidency is doing well), 20 percent haven't a clue what's going on - and of the 55 percent who are trying to keep advised of where our country is headed - half of those don't get the right information to understand why everything is blowing up.  That would put his favorable rating at best at :  30% with an unfavorable at 70%.  

Which doesn't prove but definitely supports the reports of why Congress is acting like such ninnies.  They're being threatened by the thug in charge.

Who are these other 47 percent? Do they live in caves? Oh wait, sorry, they are spoon fed by the government, and would starve to death if they had to get a job. I dare say they couldn't read a book or balance a check book, they don't know how to care for themselves or their families, as they are, an unwed mother and a bunch of baby's with NO fathers. BUT for an EBT card, an oVomitphone, paid housing and a free ride at every other place in the U.S. They will vote for Whoever will continue to pay their way!

I'd give Obama a 0% and that's too much....

I can't believe they actually disclosed these numbers since they continue to prop his sorry ass up at every turn. 

I highly doubt that 47 percent of americans say that things are going well. These polls are BS everyone I talk to gives the prezzy a total thumbs downnnnnnn,

But he is president, so pucker up and draw close!

Below all the other 43 Presidents in my book! Almost all the other presidents knew what a marriage is!!!

Goes to show how bad things really are that he is above 5-10% favorable for such a criminal lying bastard loser. America has way to many losers in it now days that anyone would believe that he's doing a good job. Losers everywhere if those polls are correct. Thing is the few are supporting the many losers that now hate those doing the most while the loser complain.

Truth is President Obama is the worst and most dangerous President ever elected to the White House and has brought shame, evil, division, hated and death to America and the media is still portraying him as a great president. What a big mistake.

His favorability should be much lower.

People loved Stalin, Mao, Castro and Lenin even as they were being starved by these men.

Institution like harvard should be closed down or burnt to the ground due to students like Obama, Warren were educated there/radicalized there and then went on to destroy our society and eventually humanity? Is that radical thinking on my part? Anything good coming out of these radical leftist Universities lately? Anyone expect anything different in the future from these leftist run institutions? Just wondering.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Robert Ariail

Political Cartoons by Chip BokThe cartoonist's homepage, pnj.com/opinion

ALERT ALERT

YIKES!!! Chelsea Clinton Emphatically States A Person With A Beard And A Penis Can ‘Absolutely’ Identify As A Woman

• The one issue Hillary and Chelsea don’t appear to agree on entirely is transgender self-identification
  • In an interview with The Sunday Times, journalist Decca Aitkenhead asked the Clintons about transgender self-identification
  • Chelsea Clinton replied ‘yes’ emphatically when asked if someone with a beard and penis can ever be a woman
  • ‘It’s going to take a lot more time and effort to understand what it means to be defining yourself differently,’ Hillary said
  • Aitkenhead said Hillary became ‘uneasy’ when the question was asked while Chelsea shot a ‘furious stare’ at the journalist as her mother answered
  • Hillary added: ‘It’s a very big generational discussion, because this is not something I grew up with or ever saw’

(Daily Mail) – It may appear Hillary and Chelsea Clinton always see eye-to-eye, but in a recent interview one topic cracked the facade of the like-minded mother-daughter power duo.

The one issue Hillary and Chelsea don’t appear to agree on entirely is transgender self-identification.

In an interview with The Sunday Times, journalist Decca Aitkenhead asked the Clintons if someone with a beard and a penis can ever be a woman, to which Chelsea replied emphatically, ‘Yes.’

However, as Aitkenhead describes it, Hillary looked ‘uneasy’, and blamed generational gaps for being less accepting.

‘Errr. I’m just learning about this,’ Hillary responded. ‘It’s a very big generational discussion, because this is not something I grew up with or ever saw. It’s going to take a lot more time and effort to understand what it means to be defining yourself differently.’

The Clintons sat sown with Aitkenhead to promote the book they co-authored, The Book of Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage and Resilience.

The book features Danica Roem, the first trans woman elected to a U.S. state legislature.

According Aitkenhead’s account, she tells Hillary during the interview that many British feminists of Hillary’s generation have a problem with the idea that a ‘lesbian who doesn’t want to sleep with someone who has a penis is transphobic.’

Hillary nods in agreement, while Chelsea ‘stiffens and stares at me’, according to Aitkenhead.

The journalist then adds that many women of Hillary’s generation are uncomfortable with biological males sharing women’s bathrooms.

‘I would say that, absolutely,’ Hillary nods firmly. ‘Absolutely. Yes.’

That’s when Chelsea begins shooting a ‘furious stare’ at Aitkenhead, who points it out to her.

‘I’m a terrible actor’, Chelsea laughs.

Chelsea then says she is thrilled with the National Health Service’s decision to assign patients to single-sex wards according to the gender they identify as, instead of their biological make up.

‘How can you treat someone if you don’t recognize who they feel and know in their core they are?’ Chelsea says.

‘And I strongly support children being able to play on the sports teams that match their own gender identity,’ she adds. ‘I think we need to be doing everything we can to support kids in being whoever they know themselves to be and discovering who they are.’

At this point Hillary looks conflicted.

‘I think you’ve got to be sensitive to how difficult this is,’ Hillary says. ‘There are women who’d say [to a trans woman], ”You know what, you’ve never had the kind of life experiences that I’ve had. So I respect who you are, but don’t tell me you’re the same as me.” I hear that conversation all the time.’

Despite the clear tension in the room, the pair say they don’t argue about this topic.

But according to Aitkenhead, ‘I get the impression they don’t like to present anything less than a united front to the world.’

BONUS VIDEO

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service