Nevada Rancher Ordered To Pay $500,000 For Cattle That Grazed On Federal Land A Decade Ago

A U.S. federal court ordered a rancher to pay $587,000 in grazing fees accrued more than ten years ago, and has banned the rancher from using the federal land.

Cattle grazing on a ranch (Photo: Shutterstock/P Sarajoti)Wayne Hage, who inherited the fight with the federal government from his father who died in 2006, said he will appeal the fine and the order that prevents him from grazing livestock on U.S. Forest Service or Bureau of Land Management property, the Associated Press reported Thursday.

The government contends that Hage’s grazing activities amounted to trespassing on federal land and grazing without a permit, but Hage says his family has priority stock watering rights on the land that should be honored.

Hage said that the order is “a bellweather that they don’t want private property rights” in Nevada. “The federal government is going after all kinds of property, not just our property rights,” Hage told the Las Vegas Review Journal. “They are extinguishing them as fast as they can.”

Federal agencies control around 85 percent of land in Nevada, and more than 60 percent of land in Utah and Idaho.

Chief U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro in Las Vegas ordered Hage to comply with the order by mid-April. Hage said he currently doesn’t have any cattle on the disputed land. The $587,000 fine includes back-fees from grazing from November, 2004, to June, 2011, plus penalties for nonpayment.

“Many ranchers have a problem with the BLM and [U.S. Forest Service],” Hage said told federal lawmakers in 2013 hearing. “They have conducted themselves in a criminal manner and destroyed many ranchers. I personally have been at the receiving end of this criminal conduct.”

read more:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/03/nevada-rancher-ordered-to-pay-500...

Views: 683

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So CHINA can buy the Land and BUILD FACTORIES to build War Planes, TANKS and CANNONS in our own backyard !!!!  They would save the expense of having to ship them over here when they INVADE tUS !!!!  We have so many CHINESE HERE owniing Restaurants and Laundries that hey would be the "CHINESE ARMY: already here,  that would consist of the "INVASION FORCE !!!!

Doesn't this prove that there is definitely a separation of the federal government from it's duty to provide for the safety of citizens  ?  It would seem that the feds have gone into the real estate business ? I have a real problem with the term "FEDERALY OWNED" !  I can understand a rancher dealing with local government and paying a grazing fee to the county, but the feds need to stick to their job of providing safety and security for the nation.

Exactly Mike... the Fed needs to get our of the real estate business. Return all federally usurped lands to the States. Let the State's run National Parks and forests etc... or decommission them.

From what I was led to understand, the BUNDY Family was the LAST CATTLE RANCHERS in the State of NEVADA. Their leaving will be a NATIONAL SHAME, A NATIONAL CRIME, and A MORAL SIN against EVERY LAST AMERICA PATRIOT IN THIS COUNTRY !!!!! 

COMMITTED...NOT BY A MUSLIM TERRORIST , from ISIS, a REFUGEE FROM SYRIA, or a DUG CARTEL MEMBER FROM MEXICO or CENTRAL AMERICA !!!!!!

IT WAS A UNITED STATES SENATOR FROM NEVADA NAMED "HARRY REID" WHO IN THE SAME RUTHLESS MANNER as the MURDERING TERRORISTS, REFUGEES, or CARTEL MEMBERS.... RIPPED THE THROAT OF YOUR HARD EARNED WORK, SAVINGS, HOPES AND ASPIRATIONS OF YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY, FOR BOTH PAST AND FUTURE GENERATIONS !!!! A HORROR  that AMERICANS can not FATHOM, until we HEAR AND SEE HOW OUR OWN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, STATE GOVERNMENT, OUR OWN PEOPLE ALLOWED, AND MANY ENCOURAGED the ILLEGALITY AND RAW CALLOUS INJUSTICE  to take place in this" LAND of THE FREE" and "HOME of THE BRAVE" !!!!  We might allstep back now and feel how the AMERICAN INDIANS FEEL at the INJUSTICES they FELT, and in many cases, still do !!!!

We can plainly see that skin color or ethnic causes, mean nothing, when GREED is part of the equation !!!!  IT IS PLAIN CORRUPTION, by our own HUMAN BEINGS of ANY COLOR !!!!

Eugene -True enough, but did you notice Cliven and his sons were not arrested until after the Malhour Wildlife Refuge standoff, in Oregon, last year!  You have to wonder "why" BLM waited so long to arrest them.  That was the same incident where one of the protesters, Levon?? Finnicum I think was his last name; he and several others were led into a trap, then he was shot and killed by either an FBI agent, or one of the Oregon State Troopers - -and we haven't heard any more about any of those agents being held accountable for that man's death.  Dirty harry's part, in all of this, was the fact he wanted to sell the Nevada ranch lands to the Chinese government for solar energy fields.  Really hope the Trump administration gets on this, clears the Bundys and the rest and then go after dirty harry and whom ever else was involved.

THE BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT is the biggest fucking farce since President Bush claimed that Islamic Terrorists blew up the World Trade Center.     IT'S A WORTHLESS AGENCY

And the FEDS have no GOD DAMN RIGHT to force ANYBODY to pay them money for cattle that eat the grass on those vast open lands.   

I WANNA KNOW WHAT ASSHOLE JUDGE WENT ALONG WITH THIS SHIT. ?????

FOLKS ?  we have a REEEEEEEALLLY big problem here.   EVEN OUR JUDGES SUCK.

The federal government ONLY EXISTS TO SERVE US.    Not the other way around.   THIS IS THE TYPE OF SHIT THAT MADE ALL THE ENGLISH COLONISTS MOVE TO AMERICA IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Haven't any of you noticed that EVERY SINGLE TIME the B.O.L. gets involved in some bullshit like this that THE PRESIDING JUDGES ALWAYS SIDE WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ?

OUR JUDICIAL SYSTEM SUCKS A BIG ONE.    And the Judges are WORTHLESS for all the money they make.   WE THE PEOPLE.   Remember that ?   We the People come FIRST.

I REST MY CASE !!!!!!

"...THE PRESIDING JUDGES ALWAYS SIDE WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT".

Of course!  One of them stole my (PAID FOR) home in the name of the (mis-applied) 'income' tax.  They only got 85,000 for it, and STILL want me to pay 300,000.  I presented a good case, citing Article One of the Constitution and SCOTUS deciions regarding the 16th amendment, but the judge (locally) and the 9th circuit were not having any, they wanted to 'show me'.  They stole my home.  I've slowed them down some, but I still RENT a house not near as nice as the one they stole.  I suspect that those 'judges' get a bonus for every decision favoring U.S. DOJ.  Maybe even a warning if the find for the defendant!

Cliven Bundy and his sons are still in prison, because of the BLM raid, on their ranch, 2 years ago; hope AG Sessions and President Trump act on this mess very soon!

B/S the feds are out of control and Trump will get it straight

Ya know,  I AM NOT advocating any type of violence or retribution.  HOWEVER,  what the HELL does the government THINK is gonna happen ?     

The BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT. ????   What kind of ass hole operation is that ?  AND WHO THE HELL SIGNED OFF ON THEIR CREATION ?  AND THEIR POWER ?   What SCUMBAG signed off on this shit ?

Just like Homeland Security, Bureau of Land Management, and even FEMA should be dismantled 100%

WE DO NOT NEED ANY of those agencies.  AND I CAN NAME SEVERAL OTHERS.

What our Congress does IS INVENT AGENCIES TO MAKE MORE RULES that in turn give US LESS RIGHTS.

It's time to CLEANUS CLOCKUS.    That's my Latin for kick their asses.  CLEAN THEIR CLOCKS

CLEANUS CLOCKUS.     Our government is WORTHLESS.

I can only HOPE that Trump REALLY LOWERS THE BOOM on Congress and all the other SCUMBAGS like N.S.A.   FEMA,    DOHS,    and ESPECIALLY THE FEDERAL RESERVE,  which is everything BUT Federal.

ALL SCUMBAGS,   ALL USELESS,   AND ALL THIEVES AND LIARS

Now I need a Martini.

I WANT SOMEBODY.     ANYBODY to tell me HOW does keeping Bundy in jail benefit America ?

How about taking HIM OUT OF JAIL, and THROWING OBAMA AND HILLARY IN HIS PLACE. ???

Now THAT would accomplish something.  It would show the world that EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW is alive and well in the good old U.S.A.   We don't tolerate SCUMBAGS and here's your proof.   Toss their sorry asses in jail, AND BY THE WAY,     BUNDY GETS  AT LEAST A COOL MILLION for the bullshit that this government has put him through.  AND HE GET'S FREE USE OF THE LAND THAT THEY ( DON'T ) OWN ANYWAY.   I hope his Cattle SHIT ALL OVER THE PLACE..... YAHOO.

RSS

Lighter Side

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

HOT TEA VIDEO

President Trump INCREDIBLE Speech to UN General Assembly 9/19/17

YES PATRIOT STORE

© 2017   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service