Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (L) shakes hands with U.S. President Barack Obama as they sit down to meet in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington March 3, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst

REUTERS/JONATHAN ERNST

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu bluntly told Barack Obama on Monday that he would never compromise on Israel's security even as the U.S. president sought to reassure him on Iran nuclear diplomacy and pressure him on Middle East peace talks.

In a White House meeting overshadowed by the Ukraine crisis, the two leaders avoided any direct clash during a brief press appearance but were unable to paper over differences on a pair of sensitive diplomatic drives that have stoked tensions between them.

Obama assured Netanyahu of his "absolute commitment" to preventing Iran from developing atomic weapons, despite the Israeli leader's deep skepticism over U.S.-led efforts to reach a final international deal to curb Tehran's nuclear program.

But Obama also urged Netanyahu to make "tough decisions" to help salvage a faltering U.S.-brokered peace process aimed at reaching a framework agreement with the Palestinians and extending talks beyond an April target date for an elusive final accord.

"The Israeli people expect me to stand strong against criticism and pressure," Netanyahu told Obama.

read more:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/03/us-usa-israel-idUSBREA220...

Views: 922

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stand your ground Bebe! You weren't talking with a person whose word carries any wait. Remember, when you are negotiating with Obama or other Muslims, you are the only one in the room whose word means anything. The long knives are out.
What is the big difference between Netanyahu and Obama? Netanyahu listens to the Israeli people and Obama believes he speaks for the American people.

One BIG difference is.....Netanyahu is Christian....he listens to the Word of God. Obama is not Christian.....he thinks he is God. He has his own agenda. The people that voted for him are being duped - they just don't know it yet. I knew immediately, when I heard Rev. Jeremiah Wright curse America, that the Obamas were not Christian. A real Christian would never have continued to listen, to their minister, spew that kind of venom.

IF NETANYAHU BELIEVES ONE WORD FROM OBAMA REGARDING ANYTHING THAT OBAMA SAYS THEN HE IS A DAMNED FOOL AND ISRAEL WILL SUFFER DIRE CIRCUMSTANCES!!!!                                      IF NETANYAHU IS SMART HE WILL REALISE THAT ISRAEL NOW STANDS ALONE IN THEIR DEFENCE OF THEIR HOMELAND OF ISRAEL!

Well said - Netanyahu made it know that any concessions by Israel was totally out of the question.  And now since China is also working with Netanyahu that changes the whole situation!  And you, I and others have ALL said basically the same thing then Netanyahu has laid out, emphatically, that no-one can tell him to give anything!  And he, Netanyahu is going to or has started building apartments for the Holocaust survivors coming out of Russia which many of us help to bring to Israel or this is what I have understood!  And I just say an email that flashed on my screen that Netanyahu has told Obama, apparently that there would be no more concessions!  So Obama and Kerry both have been told to stop the crap!  Take care.  We will/have won the battle!  

O cannot be trusted!!!

Netanyahu's unspoken remark?  "You should try it yourself, if you are a leader."

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by Mike Lester

ALERT ALERT

Democrat Disaster! 53% Of Black Voters, 60% Of Other Minorities Say Liberal Media Trying To Help Democrats Impeach Trump

Thanks to President Donald Trump ALL Americans now know the mainstream fake-news media is an extension of the Democrat Party.

In a recent poll a majority of black voters and minority voters say the media is trying to help Democrats impeach President Trump.

And half of FOX News too, by the way.

CNS News reported:

Both black voters and other minority voters are more convinced than white voters that most reporters are trying to help impeach President Donald Trump, rather than report the news fairly – with a majority of each of the three groups holding that view – a new Rasmussen Reports survey reveals.

In the national voter survey, conducted November 12-13, 53% of all voters said most reporters are trying to help impeach Trump:

“When they write or talk about the impeachment effort, are most reporters trying to help impeach President Trump or block his impeachment? Or are most reporters simply interested in reporting the news in an unbiased manner?”:

“Help impeach President Trump”: 53%
“Block his impeachment”: 8%
Report “news in an unbiased an unbiased manner”: 32%

But, 53% of black voters and 60% of other minorities, compared to 51% of whites, said reporters are trying to get Trump rather than report the news fairly.

Tucker: 'Star' witnesses couldn't point to any high-crimes

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service