NBA pulls All-Star Game from Charlotte over N.C. transgender bathroom law

The National Basketball Association on Thursday pulled the 2017 All-Star Game out of Charlotte, North Carolina, over a law regulating intimate public facilities on the basis of biological sex.

The league said in a statement that holding the midseason match-up in Charlotte is impossible given the “climate” created by state law HB2.

“While we recognize that the NBA cannot choose the law in every city, state, and country in which we do business, we do not believe we can successfully host our All-Star festivities in Charlotte in the climate created by HB2,” the statement said.

The NBA said it is possible the All-Star Game could return to Charlotte in 2019, “provided there is an appropriate resolution to this matter.”
read more:

Views: 348

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If it is that important to them then we can boycott all the NBA games and God will bless NC when we do it! They think a silly game is more important than a moral life... TO BAD... God will bless them with a special place at the close of their life! I say this lovingly! 

May we all wonder if the insane/hussian's daughters need to be concerned when they need to use the ladiesroom? Or is it just the "lowly commoners" that need to wait until they get home to safely use a toilet?

Just a few less thugs that the Charotte P.D. has to deal with,I wouldn't want them in my town either 

No problem.  They can keep their degeneracy to themselves.  Don't pollute this beautiful state.

I'm 40 years old, but I self-identify as a 65 year old. I therefore wish to receive my social security benefits now.........This, to me, is the crux of the issue. You can identify what what ever you like, but it doesn't make it so. This isn't about LGBT rights, it's about biology/genetics and fact. Unfortunately facts don't seem to be of concern anymore. It seems that we're getting less intelligent as we evolve.

Soon we will be worshiping the sun, moon and rocks. For all of their so called environmentalism, they keep rejecting science every day.

I agree JJR, LETS DEMAND OUR "SOCIAL INSECURITY" payments now before they bankrupt the funds anymore than the illegal regime has done to it.

Coercion & intimidation will fail now -- folks all over have had enough.

I don't care about the LBGTQ crowd one way or the other. I don't care if I share a public restroom with them -- but I care about perverts taking advantage of this Leftist craziness for their own sick purposes. My experience with those poor, gender bending people is that  while they are mentally ill they're generally not harmful to anyone except themselves and those with whom they cavort & consort.

But sick pedophiles, peepers, potential & actual rapists; that's another question entirely.

Sexual predators -- lock 'em up forever & execute them if they harm a child ... but the sexual orientation confused crowd: just ignore them but beat back their attempts to jam their sick life system into the mainstream.

So...none of us will watch the NBA either in person or on TV. Their choice has helped us make our decision:  boycott the NBA and all of their products. 

I live in the Outer Banks region of NC so this really ticks me off. First off like the one poster said I don't have an issue with the LGBTQ crowd as long as they conduct themselves with respect and honor with me and mine. What I do have mega issues with is all of the perverts, pedophiles and rapist who would try to use a woman's bathroom. As far as I'm concerned that situation would NOT end well for the pervert. The NBA has the right to have their All-Star Game anywhere they want but I have the right to not watch.

North Carolina also has the right to deny the NBA access to their communities... they should never yield to such intimidation.  Ban the NBA from NC.

That would put the shoe on the other foot, would make a very nice backhand to the bullies.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Horrible: Democrats Set The Constitution On Fire With Fraudulent Impeachment

House Democrats unveiled two articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump on Tuesday morning after an investigation that violated fundamental provisions of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

The investigation of the president began with the complaint of a so-called “whistleblower” who turned out to be a rogue Central Intelligence Agency employee, protected by a lawyer who had called for a “coup” against Trump in early 2017.

Democrats first demanded that the “whistleblower” be allowed to testify. But after House Intelligence Committee chair Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) was found to have lied about his committee’s contact with the “whistleblower,” and after details of the “whistleblower’s” bias began to leak, Democrats reversed course. In violation of the President Trump’s Sixth Amendment right to confront his accuser, Democrats refused to allow the “whistleblower” to testify. They argue the president’s procedural rights, even if they existed, would not apply until he was tried in the Senate — but they also invented a fraudulent “right to anonymity” that, they hope, might conceal the whistleblower even then.

Schiff began the “impeachment inquiry” in secret, behind the closed doors of the Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Facility (SCIF) in the basement of the U.S. Capitol, even though none of the testimony was deemed classified. Few members of Congress were allowed access. Schiff allowed selective bits of testimony to leak to friendly media, while withholding transcripts of testimony.

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), having allowed the secret process to unfold, legitimized it with a party-line vote authorizing the inquiry. The House resolution denied President Trump the procedural rights enjoyed by Presidents Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton, and denied the minority party the traditional right to object to witnesses called by the majority.

Rather than the House Judiciary Committee, which traditionally handles impeachment, Pelosi also deputized the House Intelligence Committee to conduct fact-finding; the Judiciary Committee was turned into a rubber stamp. Schiff held a few public hearings, but often failed to release transcripts containing exculpatory evidence until after they had passed.

In the course of the Intelligence Committee’s investigation, Schiff quietly spied on the telephone records of his Republican counterpart, Ranking Member Devin Nunes (R-CA). He also snooped on the phone records of a journalist, John Solomon; and on the phone records of former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani, acting as President Trump’s personal lawyer.

Schiff’s eavesdropping violated both the First Amendment right to press freedom and the Sixth Amendment right to counsel. Yet he proceeded undeterred by constitutional rights, publishing the phone logs in his committee’s report without warning, confirmation, or explanation, alleging that Nunes and the others were part of a conspiracy to assist the president’s allegedly impeachable conduct. When Republicans on the Judiciary Committee asked the Intelligence Committee’s majority counsel, Daniel Goldman, to explain the phone logs, he refused to answer,

Ironically, Schiff had done exactly what Democrats accuse Trump of doing: abused his power to dig up dirt on political opponents, then obstructed a congressional investigation into his party’s and his committee’s misconduct.

Democrats’ articles of impeachment include one for the dubious charge of “abuse of power,” which is not mentioned in the Constitution; and one for “obstruction of Congress,” which in this case is an abuse of power in itself.

Alexander Hamilton, writing about impeachment in Federalist 65, warned that “there will always be the greatest danger that the decision will be regulated more by the comparative strength of parties, than by the real demonstrations of innocence or guilt.” Democrats have fulfilled Hamilton’s worst fears.

The Trump impeachment will soon replace the 1868 impeachment of President Andrew Johnson — which the House Judiciary Committee staff actually cited as a positive precedent — as the worst in American history.

In service of their “coup,” Democrats have trampled the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. The Republic has never been in greater danger.

You don't get to interrupt me

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service