Navy Secretary: If Trump Rolls Back Female Integration, There Will Be Consequences

But by far the most controversial move has been the full integration of women into all combat positions–without exception. Mabus willingly involved himself in public spats with Marine Corps leadership over a study the service had conducted showing that mixed-gender units weren’t nearly as effective as all-male units. They outperformed mixed-gender units on 69 percent of tasks.Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus said recently in a December interview that while GOP President-elect Donald Trump can roll back social change in the military, doing so will make the force weaker.

Mabus, who has served in the position longer than anyone since World War I, has overseen significant social changes in the military and caused a lot of consternation in the process. Now, in a wide-ranging interview with The Washington Post, he’s warning that if Trump rolls back social change in the military, he should admit that it will damage the force.Image result for secretary of the navy

“You make the decisions you think are right, right now, regardless what you think is going to happen in the future,” Mabus said. “But we are stronger because of this integration. That is undeniably true. So, if it gets rolled back, you’re weakening the United States military. You’re weakening the Navy. You’re weakening the Marine Corps. If that’s what you want to do, okay. But you have to be honest about it.”

Both Mabus and Secretary of Defense Ash Carter have maintained that allowing women entry into all combat roles will make the force stronger, as the move could allow access to a larger talent pool.

read more:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/30/navy-secretary-if-trump-rolls-bac...

Views: 581

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

22 years in Naval Aviation - retired Senior Chief (E-8). 
Females DO NOT belong aboard Naval Vessels, nor do they belong in combat.  They belong in support roles that free up males for combat.  
I had female sailors (WAVES) working for me at NAS Jacksonville and NAS Pensacola and they were excellent technicians.  I had several that were outstanding leaders and went on to attain the rank of "Chief" which is a leadership rank exclusive to the Navy and Coast Guard.

KEEP WOMEN OUT OF COMBAT! ! !

Mr Schneider is totally wrong, a ship is no place for a lady. this should be allowed only on a carrier. 

They should not be allowed on carriers either.

Spot on!   It's a shameful thing to allow women on ships...  There's no place for them.

Sorry ladies but women do not belong in combat and not to say that some women can handle the mental and physical demands of combat but I do not want to put another life in jeopardy to prove that She can do the job, the sad thing is that women today are told that they can do anything a man can do and in most cases they can but combat is something that you must be able to count on the person next to you! 

I agree with the CHIEF, COMPLETELY !!!!!!!

I was 8 years as an Air Force Air Traffic Controller (Vietnam) and women were not as yet allowed to serve in a Combat role. But, in my opinion, due to many considerations, they  should be kept out of Combat situations, and relegated to serve at non-combat Military Bases where the rigors of Combat Air Traffic Control Operations would not pose any threat to a female controller or to the  operations of such a unit.

Military service should NOT be an EXPERIMENT in SOCIAL REFORM OR CHANGE. But it should be based solely upon the  safe and successful outcome of whatever mission it is assigned to perform. Air Traffic Control is a stressful job in most every circumstance, COMBAT increases that stress exponentially and may require additional physical and/or psychological requirements that would place a female at greater risk than a male or prevent her from reacting correctly to certain situations.

It could be dangerous to place the lives of Pilots and Passengers of Aircraft in needless peril if the right choice of physical and mental applications would NOT be used to merely make a point for a POLITICALLY CORRECT purpose !!!!

Agreed,
One example is Lieutenant Kara Hultgreen, who was killed attempting to land her F-14 Tomcat on the USS Abraham Lincoln. She had been rushed through the system, and had mediocre performance grades.

Had she been a man, she would have been denied flight status. But the liberals would not be denied their agenda, and this woman paid with her life. One more body bag to add to the liberal body count. Now her family grieves and our nation has lost a woman who could have done so much

Women are great in support roles, and provide a valuable national service. Leave combat to the men.

I remember that. Thank Pat Shroeder from Colorado for those two deaths.

I strongly disagree. At least in part. I have seen some outstanding female fighter pilots and I'm sure you have also. There are even a few good Boomer drivers so I would not count them all out because of gender. Our military needs the best they can get at this point in time. Note I did say THE BEST !  ~!Libertas~

We see all these ass holes talking about women in ground combat that have never been in a combat situation other witch socks to wear with there wives.

Bull shit !

Turn Mabus into a female.  That should end the problem.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by Steve KelleyPolitical Cartoons by Lisa Benson

ALERT ALERT

TRUMP ->  WHY DOES ANTIFA NEVER ATTACK BIKERS FOR TRUMP?

President insults leftists during social media summit

The president made reference to the Antifa attack on gay Asian journalist Andy Ngo in Portland last month.

“Do you ever notice they pick on certain people?” asked Trump.

Embedded video
Michael Sheridan@MSH3RIDAN

"Did you ever notice they don't come after Bikers For  Trump?"@realDonaldTrump calls out ANTIFA for the wussies that they are.

“He would tell you he’s not the toughest person physically in the world – they don’t go after Bikers For Trump, you ever notice that, they don’t go after our construction workers who love us, they don’t go after the police,” he added.

Trump went on to further insult far-leftists, joking, “They live in the basement of their mom’s home,” while asserting that they all had skinny arms.

“But they have the black masks on and they have sticks, they hit people in the face, in the head.”

“But you ever notice Antifa’s never there when we have a bikers rally….they’re never around, they’re always there when you have a single guy protesting in front of a school,” said Trump.

Trump then made reference to his administration’s move to withdraw federal funding from educational institutions that don’t allow free speech on campus.

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service