Mom Complains About School Bible Handout, Gets Slammed By Local Parents: ” You’re Outnumbered Here”

When Jessica Greene’s fifth-grade son, Leo, brought home a bible from Cloverleaf Elementary school last Thursday, she was livid. She said her son told her that they were handing them out in class. “We were in class,” Leo explained. “Our teacher said that these people have volunteered to hand out Bibles.”

Leo told her that every kid could take a bible if they wanted one. If they were not interested, they could just simply go to the other side of the room. Jessica was outraged and explain her feelings to local news station WXIA, “I was just shocked the school system would do that. I tried to contact the superintendent, but he has not returned my calls.”

John Harper is the Bartow County Superintendent, and he did not respond to calls from Greene or the local media. RawStory.com, however, reported that the school did write on its Facebook page:
The Gideons are permitted to offer Bibles to students who wish to pick them up. It is strictly voluntary, and the library was the location where students could pick one up; our librarian did not give them out. We appreciate your input. If you have further concerns, please contact administration during school hours. Thank you!
Greene was not satisfied with the school’s explanation, so she wrote a comment expressing her discontent. Other parents felt overwhelming outrage as well, but not directed toward the bible giveaway; they felt it towards Jessica Greene. 

read more:

http://dcgazette.com/mom-complains-about-school-bible-handout-gets-...

Views: 1052

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why carry on  better a bible than sexual classes with props to take home and use.  Majority wins.

Jessica Greene should wake up to the fact that America has lost all Social, Ethical and Moral Values !!  The Bible does Teach Us how to Behave Ethically and Morally !!   Even if Jessica is an Atheist she should be teaching her son these values, so read the Bible !!  This goes for all parents of developing age children !!!  If we do not get back to our roots and a belief in God we are all doomed !!!  General and President George Washington, President Abraham Lincoln and General and President Eisenhower all Believed and practiced that Belief !!!

MAY GOD HELP US SAVE AMERICA, OUR CONSTITUTION AND FREEDOM !!!   

AMEN, David!!!!

Excellent. God bless the Gideons who are truly a highway and byway ministry. I am Catholic and loved it when the Gideons were allowed to come to our line-up at the Sheriff's Office and explain their ministry and hand out New Testament bibles to those of us deputies who wanted one.

This is not the school supporting any religion. The school is only allowing a religious group to present their program to the students. This is just a fraction of counter balance to the crap that is being force fed our kids about Islam and all of the other cults under the guise of "tolerance".

Again, God Bless the Gideons!

P.S. - I will not stay at any hotel or motel which does not have a Gideon bible in the nightstand drawer.

Ms. Green YOU ARE STUPID!

Ms Greee is not the only one. A few others are on this site. I refuse to be part of a group that allows bashing of my faith.

Diane, who is bashing your faith?  I don't recall anyone saying anything about the Catholics other than  what I said that you are to pray directly to God/Jesus since they are one n the same!

Go back and read what Christiann Revere said at the beginning of this blog 'that all Catholics are going to hell anyway'.

And your attacks are but insults for you have no idea why we pray as we do but bash us for praying the way we do.

I have already asked to be removed from this site.

All I can say Diane is that I was raised as a Protestant.  My first husband was a Catholic so I saw first hand how they worshiped and I object to that.  Jesus said we are to pray directly to Him not to one of his disciples or to His earthly mother.  She is only special as she carried Him in her womb for 9 months and was chosen by God.  She can't intercede for anyone, nor can the disciples.  Your faith is your faith and mine is mine, I prefer to pray directly to Him as I have been taught.  When someone is so touchy about their faith, then you are right to asked to be removed.  We as Christians are supposed to be able to take remarks in our stride and keep on keeping on.  I didn't say anything derogatory about your faith so please don't say that I did and what I did say wasn't an insult, except perhaps to you and you alone!

Hello Diane!!

GOD Bless Ye Hon, through our LORD / KING / MESSIAH / SAVIOR - Yeshua-Jesus Christ!!

Anyway, I Edited the Posts who Attacked you, Please Let me Know if anyone else does this?!

I Say this because NO ONE SHOULD ATTACK anyone here at the Tea Party Movement and Forums PERIOD!!

Did you note something special about all these freedom takeovers in that a minority of people or a person tries to control a group. The Bible suggests that is actually a spirit and is called the Spirit of Control or more correctly a Controlling Spirit! It was a choice and that makes it a Constitutional right since Separation of State and Church does not take away freedoms when one enters a tax funded building. The Supreme Court already ruled as such! If she does not like our freedoms she can always move to Hong Kong where they are protesting against their loss!

Maybe this democrat... LADY ?... would rather have someone hand out material pertaining to how to get an abortion, OR  graphic pictures showing small children HOW to apply a Conxxx. This school should be burned down, and the principal fired, and an apology issued immediately!  

Homer Sea

Ft. McCoy, Florida. 

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary VarvelPolitical Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

ALERT ALERT

Judicial Watch->  Emails Show Dossier-Connected Obama State Dept Officials Set ‘Face-To-Face’ Meeting On ‘Russian Matter’ Shortly Before 2016 Election

Judicial Watch and the Daily Caller News Foundation on Thursday released 84 pages of documents showing Obama’s State Department was central to pushing the ‘Trump-Russia’ hoax shortly before the 2016 election.

The email exchange between then-Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland and Special Coordinator for Libya Jonathan Winer, a very close associate to Christopher Steele, show them discussing a ‘face-to-face’ meeting in New York on a ‘Russian matter’ in September of 2016.

Via Judicial Watch:

Judicial Watch and The Daily Caller News Foundation today released 84 pages of documents, including a September 2016 email exchange between then-Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland and Special Coordinator for Libya Jonathan Winer, a close associate of dossier author Christopher Steele, discussing a “face-to-face” meeting on a “Russian matter.”

(In June 2016 Nuland permitted a meeting between Steele and the FBI’s legal attaché in Rome. Nuland told CBS News that the State Department knew about the Steele dossier by July 2016.)

According to an op-ed Winer wrote for The Washington Post in 2018, also in September 2016, “Steele and I met in Washington and discussed the information now known as the “dossier… I prepared a two-page summary and shared it with Nuland, who indicated that, like me, she felt that the secretary of state needed to be made aware of this material.”

A September 17, 2016, email exchange between Nuland and Winer – that was classified in the interest of national defense or foreign policy – discusses the political situation in Libya, but also brings up a “Russian matter:”

Sent: September 17, 2016 at 12:40:00 PM EDT
To: Nuland, Victoria J
Subject: Re: Libya Update

Would like to discuss this and a Russian matter.

Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:31 PM
To: Winer, Jonathan
Subject: Re. Libya Update

In ny face to face?

Sent: September 17, 2016 at 1:56:05 PM EDT
To: Nuland, Victoria J
Subject: Re: Libya Update

Yes that was [sic] be good.

Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:58 PM
To: Winer, Jonathan
Subject: Re. Libya Update

Good. I’ll reach out when im there Sunday. [Redacted]

If Victoria Nuland’s name sounds familiar it’s because she has been on Judicial Watch’s radar for a long time and in many of TGP’s previous reports.

In December 2018, Judicial Watch released documents revealing that Victoria Nuland was involved in the Obama State Department’s urgent gathering of classified Russia investigation information and disseminating it to members of Congress within hours of Donald Trump taking office.

In a related lawsuit, Judicial Watch is suing the State Department communications between Ambassador Nuland and employees of Fusion GPS, as well as top ranking Department of Justice, FBI, and State Department officials.

“The Obama State Department was central to the effort to target President Trump with the Russia smear,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “These new emails further show that senior Obama State Department advanced the Russiagate hoax just before the 2016 presidential election.”

Tom Fitton   @TomFitton

BREAKING: Obama State Department was central to the effort to target President @RealDonaldTrump with the Russia smear. New emails show how senior Obama State Department advanced the Russiagate hoax just before the 2016 presidential election.

Embedded video

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service