Mom Complains About School Bible Handout, Gets Slammed By Local Parents: ” You’re Outnumbered Here”

When Jessica Greene’s fifth-grade son, Leo, brought home a bible from Cloverleaf Elementary school last Thursday, she was livid. She said her son told her that they were handing them out in class. “We were in class,” Leo explained. “Our teacher said that these people have volunteered to hand out Bibles.”

Leo told her that every kid could take a bible if they wanted one. If they were not interested, they could just simply go to the other side of the room. Jessica was outraged and explain her feelings to local news station WXIA, “I was just shocked the school system would do that. I tried to contact the superintendent, but he has not returned my calls.”

John Harper is the Bartow County Superintendent, and he did not respond to calls from Greene or the local media. RawStory.com, however, reported that the school did write on its Facebook page:
The Gideons are permitted to offer Bibles to students who wish to pick them up. It is strictly voluntary, and the library was the location where students could pick one up; our librarian did not give them out. We appreciate your input. If you have further concerns, please contact administration during school hours. Thank you!
Greene was not satisfied with the school’s explanation, so she wrote a comment expressing her discontent. Other parents felt overwhelming outrage as well, but not directed toward the bible giveaway; they felt it towards Jessica Greene. 

read more:

http://dcgazette.com/mom-complains-about-school-bible-handout-gets-...

Views: 1051

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not responding to anyone in particular.  Again, I am quite adept myself when it comes to Scripture and theology, and I have no issue discussing it.  In fact, your post was not even visible to me while I was typing my previous response.

In my experience this can become quite a heated debate, and I was making a general plea for congeniality.  Again, not aimed at any one person.  No apology needed.

Fact???? Where did Jesus tell us 'we are not to argue about religion'? I am sick and tired of these Catholic haters.

I don't think anyone is judging here Richard, at least I'm not, I am stating facts, be a person Catholic, Episcopalian or whatever, you DO NOT pray to idols and that is that those statues are, you pray directly to either God or Jesus and they are one in the same.  That is all I was stating.  Diane is the one that said something about people hating Catholics, and I don't recall anyone saying that they hated Catholics.

Mary is noted as going to the upper room and was baptized by the Holy Spirit as were all in the room. One says pray only in Jesus name and that is a command in the Bible. Mary was blessed to bare our Lord but she is not deity!

Everyone DO NOT Attack people here on this TEA PARTY MOVEMENT SITE!!

There are Catholic Christians that believe in Yeshua-Jesus Christ as our LORD and SAVIOR!!

So, Please be Respectful to Everyone here at the Tea Party movement and Forums!!

Kristi, who is attacking who?

Some of the Older Posts Before mine above!!

My Mother in Law is Catholic, but she is Born Again and spirit filled! One must be Born again no matter what church one goes to and we are also commanded to keep our lamps full.It is true that praying to Mary is not Scriptural. One must pray in Jesus name.

This is but a way, to introduce the Quran into the schools...I'm against it.

This is also a way to keep God's Word from the children, schools.  

When I was young in the 1940's, as students we bowed our heads, and said a prayer upon sitting down in our seats.

Multiculturalism is a communist tool to destroy this white Judeo/Christian nation.

I think it could be two possible reasons you object to the handout. First you seem to forget it is a choice and no one has to take one. Second, Catholic or not, did you do what Christ commanded and say the Prayer of Salvation and become "Born Again?" My Mother-in-Law is Catholic and she is Spirit Filled as well as Born Again.

Would you object to a Priest on TV teaching from the King James version or earlier translations? The former Pope was really in support of one on Philippine TV!

At least it wasn't a queeran 

What part of voluntary did she not understand!  If he did not want one, why did he pick one up?

I say its great that the kids that want one can get one free.  Thank them for me.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by Steve KelleyPolitical Cartoons by Lisa Benson

ALERT ALERT

TRUMP ->  WHY DOES ANTIFA NEVER ATTACK BIKERS FOR TRUMP?

President insults leftists during social media summit

The president made reference to the Antifa attack on gay Asian journalist Andy Ngo in Portland last month.

“Do you ever notice they pick on certain people?” asked Trump.

Embedded video
Michael Sheridan@MSH3RIDAN

"Did you ever notice they don't come after Bikers For  Trump?"@realDonaldTrump calls out ANTIFA for the wussies that they are.

“He would tell you he’s not the toughest person physically in the world – they don’t go after Bikers For Trump, you ever notice that, they don’t go after our construction workers who love us, they don’t go after the police,” he added.

Trump went on to further insult far-leftists, joking, “They live in the basement of their mom’s home,” while asserting that they all had skinny arms.

“But they have the black masks on and they have sticks, they hit people in the face, in the head.”

“But you ever notice Antifa’s never there when we have a bikers rally….they’re never around, they’re always there when you have a single guy protesting in front of a school,” said Trump.

Trump then made reference to his administration’s move to withdraw federal funding from educational institutions that don’t allow free speech on campus.

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service