The long-simmering feud between Sens. John McCain and Ted Cruz boiled over this week. 

McCain mocked Cruz after the Texas senator claimed he had lobbied McCain to let U.S. troops carry their personal firearms around military installations. 

McCain, the Arizona Republican who chairs the Senate Armed Services Committee, said he had never heard from the 2016 presidential hopeful or his staff about the controversial topic.

“You know, I was fascinated to hear that because I haven’t heard a thing about it from him. Nor has my staff heard from his staff,” a jovial McCain told reporters late Monday. “Where did that come from? I have not a clue.”

Cruz, a Tea Party favorite from Texas, on Tuesday morning confessed he had misspoken and later formally sent a letter to McCain asking the chairman to look into the topic.

He brushed off any suggestion of animosity — but then offered a back-handed compliment to McCain, who is well-known for talking to the media.

“Oh, I like John McCain,” Cruz said. “He can always be counted on for a good quote.”

The back and forth highlights the role that McCain, the presidential nominee for the GOP in 2008, might have in an election year in which three senators already joined the party’s presidential primary.

A fourth, Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.), is expected to join them. A close friend of McCain’s, he shares the same outlook on national security and foreign policy.

McCain and Cruz have battled before, and the Arizona senator also has a testy relationship with Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), another presidential contender. The third GOP senator already in the race, Florida’s Marco Rubio, worked with McCain and Graham on a controversial immigration bill in 2013.

read more:

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/239650-mccain-cruz-feud-boils-over

Views: 691

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

McCain might as well put a D in front of his name and hang a sign around his neck stating "I AM AN IDIOT."

John McShame is nothing more than a rino sheeple libtard minion of oblamea!

BINGO!

' "I have not a clue" John McCain'

Ted Cruz a Presidential Contender &Tea Party favorite from Texas

"GO TED GO"

And so Cruz was caught in a lie? Is that what I am reading?

No. He was mistaken and he said so. Cruz would not stoop so low as to lie about something on purpose. Maybe he had that conversation with another Senator but thought it was McCain. Mistakes do happen.

For the record... The reason I am backing Ted Cruz all the way has to do with one little item >>> HE IS THE ONLY POLITICIAN IN THE COUNTRY I TRUST. PERIOD.

Amen David.

johnny mac still owes the American people for 1 destroyed f14 fighter jet.

McCain was correctly defeated in his POTUS run. If it will get him in front of a TV camera he will say and do anything. He is a disgrace to himself, the GOP, and the American electorate. I do not live in AZ but will send a campaign contribution to whoever runs against him.

If I was Ted Cruz I wouldn't waste my time with the likes of that scumbag john (obama) mccain!!! I haven't trusted him since his election bid when he sold out to his twin brother barry soetoro. And he's been selling out ever since then, if not before. I just feel bad that Sarah Palin was stuck with him for a running mate.

McCain, lost his soul long ago. Cruz has it together. 

He did not turn a traitor, He had hjis arms and legs broken thru horrible beatings 9 different times, he did not give in till after the ninth beating. Do you think you could do that and not eventually break. I am not a fan of McCain, but I do think respect should be showed to him for what he went thru in captivity.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Angry Dem Impeachment ‘Witness’: Pam Karlan Donated Thousands To Hillary And Was On Clinton’s List For Potential SCOTUS Nomination

Image result for Pam Karlan

The House Judiciary Committee, chaired by Rep. Jerrold Nadler, kicked off its first impeachment circus Wednesday morning.

The four ‘witnesses’ testifying have never actually witnessed any of Trump’s dealings with Ukraine firsthand — the four witnesses are law professors offering legal analysis.

One of the witnesses the Dems rolled out is an angry Hillary Clinton donor who was on Crooked’s list for a potential Supreme Court nomination.

No wonder why this unhinged, dowdy woman is so pissed off!

“Professor Pam Karlan donated thousands of dollars to Democrats and was on Hillary Clinton’s list for a potential Supreme Court nomination. So she certainly has no vendetta against President Trump,” GOP Rep. Mark Walker said.

Congressman Walker also pointed out that Noah Feldman, the Dems first partisan witness in Wednesday’s hearing tweeted about impeaching Trump right after he was sworn in.

Rep. Mark Walker   RepMarkWalker

Meet Noah Feldman, House Democrats first partisan witness.

Look at the date of this tweet. He has been trying to get @realDonaldTrump impeached since 46 days into his presidency.

His reason? Trump criticized President Obama.

This is a sham impeachment with sham witnesses. https://twitter.com/NoahRFeldman/status/839185127494254592 

Noah Feldman @NoahRFeldman

Trump's wiretap tweets raise risk of impeachment http://bv.ms/2mY1ueX  via @BV

Rep. Mark Walker   RepMarkWalker

The next witness, Karlan, has donated thousands to Democrats and was on Hillary Clinton’s list for a potential Supreme Court nomination.

So she certainly has no vendetta against @realDonaldTrump.

These witnesses are as serious as House Democrats impeachment case: not at all.

The entire sham show trial is stacked with partisan hacks who have wanted to impeach Trump from the moment he won in November of 2016.

Norm Eisen, the Democrats’ counsel who is blasting Trump and questioning witnesses in Wednesday’s show trial, tweeted about impeaching Trump before Donald Trump was even sworn into office!

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service