Martha McSally beats out former Gabbie Giffords aid for Congressional Seat

U.S. Representative Ron Barber, an Arizona Democrat and former aide to Gabrielle Giffords, has officially lost his re-election bid to the Republican challenger in November's congressional elections, a judge certified on Wednesday.

A superior court judge declared Martha McSally, a retired Air Force colonel and a pioneer of women's combat aviation in the 1990s, the winner after a state-mandated recount showed she won by 167 votes in the Nov. 4 election.

"There's no getting around that this was an incredibly close and hard-fought race. After what's been a long campaign season, it's time to come together and heal our community," McSally said in a statement.

read more here: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/17/us-usa-arizona-election-i...

Views: 945

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So glad she won. Disturbing part is that she won by only 167 votes. Apparently many of the  American people have not woken up yet. 

Shirley,

Tucson is a liberal city.  I also think they are a sanctuary city for illegals.  It is run by democrats.  My city is run by democrats.  All they want is more money from the people.  We have no choice for who is going to represent us.  It is either a democrat, an independant democrat, or a liberal. That is our choices.

AWESOME, someone with brains, morals and courage. YAY!

One more Republican in the House.  Let's hope she has a spine!

Any area loaded with artists is crazy country. Marxism goes along with the fine art mentality. At the minimum they are statist. Any kind of group victim crap is what they suck up like koolaid.

I am an artist, so I know. But not a fine artist. Fine artists are elitists who thrive on feelings not logic. I could say more.

I'm glad barber is gone but I will wait to party until I see what she actually does.

RFB, why remove my post ? Man, I don't understand that one ! As you can see ? There are some and not vets, that agree with me ! Not trying to start a argument.  Just stating my feelings. I am one of the old guys that will run to the sound of a fight or gunfire ! And I KNOW that I WILL BE CARRIED OUT ! So be it ! I love my God and Country that much ! One persons life. Given up for love of GOD and COUNTRY ? Is a small price to pay ! Take care. Ted I Lewis. 

RFB, what I was talking about? Statement that post SHOULD be Deleted.  No big deal. And I didn't care for the OLD VIETNAM WAR RELIC ! When the government has ordered that Vietnam War Vets be considered terrorist ! And will be targeted when this fight does start ! Hell, they are going after them now! Especially at the V.A. ! Sure we are old. But the knowledge that we have ? Will HELP in winning our country back ! Most vets will not talk about what they did or HAD TO DO to survive their tour ! Things most people would be shocked at ! Especially the do gooders ! Or roll over, turn the other cheek crowd ! And WILL USE THINGS that will help win ! WAR IS WAR ! And I for one ? Will do whatever it takes to win ! I know that things I have done go against EVERYTHING I was taught in church ! And believe now! I know as fact ! Because as we all know ? GOD DOES NOT LIE ! But that is between GOD and me ! I do wish that all my post would go through ! Some never get close to being posted. But that's the way it is. Later. Take care. Your friend, Ted I Lewis.

Ted L Lewis,

My comments get removed all the time, not by the TP but outside sources I suspect. The only reasons things get removed is if they violate the Rules of Conduct which are listed under the heading, "Members" or if something is very, very disturbing e.g. a beheading picture.

Thanks

Wow now there is a LADY  who runs for the PRESIDENT SEAT   ANY plans????????

GOOD - I am happy she won!!

Gabrielle Giffords was anti-GUNS Hypocrite!!

Barber would have been a clone to Ms. Gifford, who is sweet but brainwashed with no return.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Chip BokPolitical Cartoons by Al Goodwyn

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

C o r o n a V i r u s

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service