Martha McSally beats out former Gabbie Giffords aid for Congressional Seat

U.S. Representative Ron Barber, an Arizona Democrat and former aide to Gabrielle Giffords, has officially lost his re-election bid to the Republican challenger in November's congressional elections, a judge certified on Wednesday.

A superior court judge declared Martha McSally, a retired Air Force colonel and a pioneer of women's combat aviation in the 1990s, the winner after a state-mandated recount showed she won by 167 votes in the Nov. 4 election.

"There's no getting around that this was an incredibly close and hard-fought race. After what's been a long campaign season, it's time to come together and heal our community," McSally said in a statement.

read more here: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/17/us-usa-arizona-election-i...

Views: 944

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fantastic, barber was a yes man for obama and lacked any common sense. A true blue progressive democrat.  Glad he will be gone very soon.  

Congratulations to Martha McSally and to the State of Arizona; only good things can come from her election.

I am not sure Gabby would be able to do her job thanks to her injuries. It is good we have another vet in the Congress , let us hope she won't be like Boehner.

With people like this going to congress maybe our country does have a chance.

She will be good as long as flake, mcpain and kyl don't get to her. Our new Gov. Doucey is being "coached" by kyl...that cannot be good for AZ. Those 2 must go-mcpain and flake.

I so agree.  They don't care one bit for our state or this country.

You little whipper-snapper,..........if I ever get my arms free, I'll......I'll....uhh I, ..uh...I forgot.

LOve this!

Frankmusic

LOL, my dream come true!

yup, McMadness!

RFB , it is a really good thing that he is going ! But to call him a Vietnam War Relic ? I would hope that you don't think that all of the men and women who fought and died for our country in the same light . I think that the POW McCain has played his time in the Hilton way beyond what he should have . But, I know that when this fight starts ? The Vietnam War Relics will be the FIRST IN THE FIGHT ! And will be the LAST TO LEAVE ! Either walking or carried out in body bags ! If you could find another way to express your thoughts ? Sorry, to use Vietnam War Relic just didn't set right with me. Hope you can understand . Vietnam War Relic, Ted.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

ALERT ALERT

Obama Lies Again: – Ignores That The Year After Signing The Stimulus More Than (4) Million Jobs Were Lost

Former President Obama, the only President in US history who had his FBI and other Intel agencies spy on the opposition party candidate, claims that he created the great economy that Americans are enjoying today. The only thing Obama created was debt and massive job losses with his horrible economic recovery.

Yesterday the former President tweeted an effort to take credit for President Trump’s successful economy:

Joe Hoft@joehoft

Of course another @BarackObama lie. He can’t open his mouth without lying. 11 years ago the US lost (4.3) million jobs over the next 12 months. Horrible liar. https://twitter.com/barackobama/status/1229432034650722304 

Barack Obama  @BarackObama

Eleven years ago today, near the bottom of the worst recession in generations, I signed the Recovery Act, paving the way for more than a decade of economic growth and the longest streak of job creation in American history.

President Obama’s policies were a disgrace and a failure. He doubled the national debt in spite of zero interest rates from the Fed. His recovery was the worst in US history.

Also, Obama’s assertion is just plain false. The ‘Stimulus’ was passed in February 2009 right after Obama took over the Presidency. He promised to not pass any bills for at least a week to allow for the bills to be read by the people but lied as soon as he was sworn in. The Stimulus was hundreds and hundreds of pages of government handouts to Democrat districts and it was close to $1 million. This was not what America needed and it led to the Tea Party.

Far-left Wikipedia has this to say about the Stimulus:

Note that in his infinite wisdom, NYT economist Paul Krugman is credited with arguing that “the stimulus was far smaller than the economic crisis warranted”. (He also said the markets would crash and burn if President Trump was elected President.)

The data shows that the 12 months after Obama’s stimulus, the US lost 4.3 million jobs:

In Obama’s first three years he netted a loss of 1.5 million jobs compared to President Trump who has added more than 6.7 million jobs.

When it comes to the economy, the billionaire schools the community organizer every time.

Tucker: Bloomberg is trying to buy the election

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service