Martha McSally beats out former Gabbie Giffords aid for Congressional Seat

U.S. Representative Ron Barber, an Arizona Democrat and former aide to Gabrielle Giffords, has officially lost his re-election bid to the Republican challenger in November's congressional elections, a judge certified on Wednesday.

A superior court judge declared Martha McSally, a retired Air Force colonel and a pioneer of women's combat aviation in the 1990s, the winner after a state-mandated recount showed she won by 167 votes in the Nov. 4 election.

"There's no getting around that this was an incredibly close and hard-fought race. After what's been a long campaign season, it's time to come together and heal our community," McSally said in a statement.

read more here: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/17/us-usa-arizona-election-i...

Views: 945

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fantastic, barber was a yes man for obama and lacked any common sense. A true blue progressive democrat.  Glad he will be gone very soon.  

Congratulations to Martha McSally and to the State of Arizona; only good things can come from her election.

I am not sure Gabby would be able to do her job thanks to her injuries. It is good we have another vet in the Congress , let us hope she won't be like Boehner.

With people like this going to congress maybe our country does have a chance.

She will be good as long as flake, mcpain and kyl don't get to her. Our new Gov. Doucey is being "coached" by kyl...that cannot be good for AZ. Those 2 must go-mcpain and flake.

I so agree.  They don't care one bit for our state or this country.

You little whipper-snapper,..........if I ever get my arms free, I'll......I'll....uhh I, ..uh...I forgot.

LOve this!

Frankmusic

LOL, my dream come true!

yup, McMadness!

RFB , it is a really good thing that he is going ! But to call him a Vietnam War Relic ? I would hope that you don't think that all of the men and women who fought and died for our country in the same light . I think that the POW McCain has played his time in the Hilton way beyond what he should have . But, I know that when this fight starts ? The Vietnam War Relics will be the FIRST IN THE FIGHT ! And will be the LAST TO LEAVE ! Either walking or carried out in body bags ! If you could find another way to express your thoughts ? Sorry, to use Vietnam War Relic just didn't set right with me. Hope you can understand . Vietnam War Relic, Ted.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Chip BokPolitical Cartoons by Al Goodwyn

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

C o r o n a V i r u s

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service