Maine citizens vote at GOP Convention to include Convention of States in platform

Maine State Director Ken Quinn recently attended the 2016 Maine Republican Convention to propose the addition of an Article V Convention of States plank to the Republican platform.

His trip was remarkably successful.

Ken and his wife Shelly headed up to Bangor, Maine, early Friday morning. They were joined by District Captain Margery Ripley, who helped them hand out flyers to the delegates as they entered the Cross Center for the two day convention. The flyers explained the purpose of a Convention of States as well as the amendment that was being proposed to the 2016 Maine Republican Platform, which read:

“We support the Convention of States Project application which seeks to call an Article V convention limited to only proposing amendments to the U.S. Constitution that impose fiscal restraints on the federal government, limit the power and jurisdiction of the federal government, and terms of office for federal officials and members of Congress.”

Quinn moved the amendment and spoke on its behalf from the convention floor. “We were only given one minute to speak on the amendment, which basically changed everything I was planning to say,” said Quinn. “Several people spoke on behalf of the amendment and a few spoke in opposition. When the Chairman of the Convention asked for the vote the Ayes were overwhelming and the amendment passed. I am extremely grateful to the individuals that joined me on the floor to speak on behalf of the amendment.”

read more:

http://www.cosaction.com/maine_citizens_vote_to_include_convention_...

Views: 377

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Convention of States = Constitutional Convention??????????

I see how the word "convention" (an assembly of delegates) is common to both terms, but does that nessesarily result in a synonymous meaning of both phrases jim best?

I sense appreciative conflicts with the stroke of genius idea in an Article V tool the founders deliberately installed into the Constitution as a last measure before taking to arms, yet also considered naively idiotic in expecting future citizens to be trusted with its proper use much like a loaded pistol left in reach of a toddler (whew! Long sentence).

If folks cant be expected to tend to their affairs, ought they be expected to be master of them?

Well?

“This vote not only allowed us to educate a few more people on Article V, but also moved the ball down the filed bringing us closer to the goal line,” Quinn said.

Last year the Convention of States application -- H.P.804 -- received a favorable vote of 19-16 but did not attain the two-thirds needed to pass. "Having the endorsement of the Maine Republican Party is going to help us to gain the support we need to hopefully pass our application in 2017,” Quinn concluded.

I would have to see how the plank is constructed, nevertheless, it is far too late, it should have happened before the RINOs had time to prepare for it... it was first thought of some time ago, which gave everyone time to make sure it don't happen, the States should have unified the needed number to call it before this attempt, it is very thin ice, especially with the major division the establishment Republicans have caused over their fight with Trump.  Great idea, but I am not sure the timing is right.

"it should have happened before the RINOs had time to prepare for it"

There is no "preparation" or countermeasure for it. If entrenched authority reacts to deny duly constituted renderings from the People they personally find disagreeable or disadvantages, they will likely be shot trying to supress them.

The nation is just too well armed to ignore.

At the first convention in 1786, at the drop of the gavel, all rules were dropped, they then proceeded to scrap the articles of confederation and introduced the constitution we now have, even though they promised that the new amendments would not change the articles of confederation. The rules for a con-con are that there are no rules. Once the gavel drops they can scrap our current constitution and replace it with whatever they want. No 1st, 2nd, or any other amendment. 1 of the biggest warnings to all should be the fact that George Soros and Hillary Clinton are all for this con-con. Be aware!!! We could lose it all.

Don't forget, the Articles of Confederation would not have disappeared, had the Constitution not been ratified.

If George Soros and Hillary are interested in the Con-Con, then that is a very good reason to proceed with extreme caution.

It may have to be postponed, but, that doesn't mean it has to be abandoned.

Frankly, I am still quite ambivalent about a COS or a CC. As the idea is seemingly gaining momentum, BOTH among die-hard conservatives and their antithesis, staunch cultural Marxists - ME T'INKS I MUS' BE MISSIN' SUMPTIN' HERE? If it is true, that H. Clinton and G. Soros support the event, I am V-E-R-Y afraid. As I become more informed about the idea of a COS/CC, I feel a growing skepticism and see a Trojan Horse being pushed through the gates of our Republic. LET'S BE CAREFUL WHAT WE WISH FOR.

Just think of who would be attending and coming up with a "new" constitution ? chucky boy schumer ? harry weed ? kristan gillibran ? chris christie ? cuomo (both of them), perter king (from long island ny)  and many more trash anti individualist that served, or had serve in congress, or are "friends" of this bunch.

NO NO NO to an AritcleV constitutional convention. We honest and law abiding citizens could not stand up to what these lost souls would impress on all of us. 

Before we start making changes to our Constitution, we need to know what the purpose of a constitution really is!  Here is my answer (from my series of short videos).

http://youtu.be/zfb4DcSIIIs

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Angry Dem Impeachment ‘Witness’: Pam Karlan Donated Thousands To Hillary And Was On Clinton’s List For Potential SCOTUS Nomination

Image result for Pam Karlan

The House Judiciary Committee, chaired by Rep. Jerrold Nadler, kicked off its first impeachment circus Wednesday morning.

The four ‘witnesses’ testifying have never actually witnessed any of Trump’s dealings with Ukraine firsthand — the four witnesses are law professors offering legal analysis.

One of the witnesses the Dems rolled out is an angry Hillary Clinton donor who was on Crooked’s list for a potential Supreme Court nomination.

No wonder why this unhinged, dowdy woman is so pissed off!

“Professor Pam Karlan donated thousands of dollars to Democrats and was on Hillary Clinton’s list for a potential Supreme Court nomination. So she certainly has no vendetta against President Trump,” GOP Rep. Mark Walker said.

Congressman Walker also pointed out that Noah Feldman, the Dems first partisan witness in Wednesday’s hearing tweeted about impeaching Trump right after he was sworn in.

Rep. Mark Walker   RepMarkWalker

Meet Noah Feldman, House Democrats first partisan witness.

Look at the date of this tweet. He has been trying to get @realDonaldTrump impeached since 46 days into his presidency.

His reason? Trump criticized President Obama.

This is a sham impeachment with sham witnesses. https://twitter.com/NoahRFeldman/status/839185127494254592 

Noah Feldman @NoahRFeldman

Trump's wiretap tweets raise risk of impeachment http://bv.ms/2mY1ueX  via @BV

Rep. Mark Walker   RepMarkWalker

The next witness, Karlan, has donated thousands to Democrats and was on Hillary Clinton’s list for a potential Supreme Court nomination.

So she certainly has no vendetta against @realDonaldTrump.

These witnesses are as serious as House Democrats impeachment case: not at all.

The entire sham show trial is stacked with partisan hacks who have wanted to impeach Trump from the moment he won in November of 2016.

Norm Eisen, the Democrats’ counsel who is blasting Trump and questioning witnesses in Wednesday’s show trial, tweeted about impeaching Trump before Donald Trump was even sworn into office!

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service