"Lurch" Kerry: ‘Lack of Integration’ Of Muslims In Europe Like U.S. Civil Rights Struggle In ’60s

(The Weekly Standard) - Secretary of State John Kerry met with EU High Representative Federica Mogherini at the State Department Wednesday and afterwards addressed the press and took some questions. One question from a French reporter concerned problems with Muslim integration in Europe and the potential terrorism ramifications:

Question: [W]e heard recently from President Obama talking about the potential lack of integration of Muslim communities in Europe. He mentioned that as one of the greatest dangers that Europe faces in terms of terror threats that might come. Would you agree with those words from President Obama, and should he have used those? And Mr. Secretary, I’d like to get your opinion on that as well if I can.

Kerry responded by recalling his days as a college student in the 1960s during the civil rights era and the consequent sensitivity of his generation to “this question of minority and rights and integration and so forth.” After explaining that although the U.S. has made “unbelievable progress” on race-related matters, “we still have some distance to travel.” Eventually, Kerry stressed that “this particular incident of violence [terror attack in Paris] wasn’t a specific targeting that grew out of that [lack of integration]“; however, he said, there is work to do where “one minority or another or another is not able to share fully in the full integration” in the country where they live.

Here is Secretary Kerry’s full response to the question:

SECRETARY KERRY: Well, let me just begin quickly on the integration issue. When I was – I entered college in 1962. And in 1963, ’4, ’5, we were deeply embroiled in this country, and we – college students in the Civil Rights Movement. And we were deeply impacted by that and have always been, I think, as a generation, much more sensitive to this question of minority and rights and integration and so forth. We’ve made unbelievable progress in our nation, unbelievable progress in the years since then. But it would be completely disingenuous not to say to you that we still have some distance to travel. We’re not finished. We’re still – you heard the President last night talk about voting rights. So what was won in 1965 still has to be fully embraced and implemented here, and other things that are linked to that. We’ve seen our own struggles in some communities and great debates about race in America in the last year.

So it would be dishonest of me – and I’m not involved in domestic politics right now, so I’m not going to go into it in depth, except to say that therefore, I think I can say with honesty that there is a challenge in many other parts of the world. And Federica is absolutely correct; this particular incident of violence wasn’t a specific targeting that grew out of that, but we all can do work in many parts of the world that I have seen where one minority or another or another is not able to share fully in the full integration in whatever country they happen to be living. So the world has a road to travel on that, and that’s why we continue to put such a high premium here on the issue of human rights and democracy, and to continue to push, because I think we’ve learned through our own experience the difference that it can make to the strengthening of the quality of our democracy, to our society, and people benefit when we live by that high moral standard.

High Representative Mogherini, whose response to the question came before Kerry’s, said the following:

On the integration of minorities in Europe, this is a debate, I think, that within member states in Europe, in – I would say in the global community is – has been going on for decades and probably is going on for decades. I would say that there are different models, different histories, and different traditions. What we have to get right in this moment is the fact that we need to work together. You know that very well. Victims of the attack in Paris were not only called Louis or Charb or Anne; there was an Ahmed that was killed by other people that were having names of the same roots, which means that this is a common fight. I would not go on the line of saying that this is minorities against majorities, also because we have different minorities, in Europe as in the United States. We are living in complex societies, and this is our richness. Our strength is the fact that we are different, but we are united and we live together.

And I think that this is the core point. We would be wrong if we were to look at that as an issue of minorities-majorities. This has nothing to do with that. These are violent acts that were targeting people, persons, regardless of their names, ethnic background, minorities, majorities, whatever. And there is no link, I would stress, between minorities, majorities, and violence. A terrorist act is a terrorist act, and we should not go into that kind of discussion about how we manage, or at least manage the majorities or minorities. There is no kind of roots in that.

- See more at: http://www.teaparty.org/kerry-lack-integration-muslims-europe-like-...

Views: 397

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

James, muslimes, may pig excrement be upon them, will conquer America unless we stop them.  We should give them a choice similar to the one they give infidels, namely leave America NOW or die. No other options, for they cannot be allowed to stay here if we want to preserve our way of life.

Can we just fire this clueless wonder?  I would like to go on my own apology tour and apologize for all the idiots, Marxists, Radical Islamist, NWO puppets, etc. we have in our government!

I just figured out why he has such a large lower jaw, to accommodate putting both feet in his mouth at once.  Kerry, do us all a favor and shut up and go home.  

Well...he's been practicing that technique long enough...

Too bad they didn't frag him Vietnam!

He succeeded in fragging himself -- He wounded himself firing an M-79 round within 25 meters of where he was standing or cowering and did this twice!!!

Johnny, why don't you libs live next to them and show the American people how good it is.

I seriously think John Kerry is competing with Hillary Clinton for the worst and dumbest Secretary of State in US history.

HOW CAN THE WORLD CONTINUE TO DENY THE PROBLEM?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/A3YQANdvvbY

Hanoi John Kerry is a TRAITOR FROM THE PAST AND PRESENT!!

Ol' swiftboat srikes again, what utter bull-poop he spouts, please STFU! IDIOT!

What a crock of PIG Poop! I cannot express how much I loathe Kerry and idiots like him.  Following islime, may pig excrement be upon it, is NOT a civil right. It is a satanic cult disguised as a theocracy.  Furthermore, islime has one goal which is to conquer all the world for allah, may pig excrement be upon its name, for allah does not even exist except in the minds of brain dead muslimes.

He is a complete a**. Always unable to see the reality in front of his eyes. He has been and will continue to be a traitor, constantly chanting the commie line. When do we rid ourselves of these idiots? The caliphate wants us destroyed. Including all non-believers. Yet he sees them as under-privileged minorities. Is he going to break out in song why can't we all just get along. He is an example of what long term use of pot can do to a persons ability to reason. 

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

ALERT ALERT

Obama Lies Again: – Ignores That The Year After Signing The Stimulus More Than (4) Million Jobs Were Lost

Former President Obama, the only President in US history who had his FBI and other Intel agencies spy on the opposition party candidate, claims that he created the great economy that Americans are enjoying today. The only thing Obama created was debt and massive job losses with his horrible economic recovery.

Yesterday the former President tweeted an effort to take credit for President Trump’s successful economy:

Joe Hoft@joehoft

Of course another @BarackObama lie. He can’t open his mouth without lying. 11 years ago the US lost (4.3) million jobs over the next 12 months. Horrible liar. https://twitter.com/barackobama/status/1229432034650722304 

Barack Obama  @BarackObama

Eleven years ago today, near the bottom of the worst recession in generations, I signed the Recovery Act, paving the way for more than a decade of economic growth and the longest streak of job creation in American history.

President Obama’s policies were a disgrace and a failure. He doubled the national debt in spite of zero interest rates from the Fed. His recovery was the worst in US history.

Also, Obama’s assertion is just plain false. The ‘Stimulus’ was passed in February 2009 right after Obama took over the Presidency. He promised to not pass any bills for at least a week to allow for the bills to be read by the people but lied as soon as he was sworn in. The Stimulus was hundreds and hundreds of pages of government handouts to Democrat districts and it was close to $1 million. This was not what America needed and it led to the Tea Party.

Far-left Wikipedia has this to say about the Stimulus:

Note that in his infinite wisdom, NYT economist Paul Krugman is credited with arguing that “the stimulus was far smaller than the economic crisis warranted”. (He also said the markets would crash and burn if President Trump was elected President.)

The data shows that the 12 months after Obama’s stimulus, the US lost 4.3 million jobs:

In Obama’s first three years he netted a loss of 1.5 million jobs compared to President Trump who has added more than 6.7 million jobs.

When it comes to the economy, the billionaire schools the community organizer every time.

Tucker: Bloomberg is trying to buy the election

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service