Louisiana deputies boycott high school’s football games after anthem protest

A group of sheriff's deputies who typically provide volunteer security detail for football games at a Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, high school have decided to boycott the school after players and cheerleaders knelt during the national anthem last week.A group of sheriff’s deputies who typically provide volunteer security detail for football games at a Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, high school have decided to boycott the school after players and cheerleaders knelt during the national anthem last week.

Several members of the Bonnabel High School team and cheerleading squad on Friday took a knee during the national anthem — a growing practice started by San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick to protest racial injustice in the U.S.

As a result, some Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office deputies have declined to work voluntary shifts at future Bonnabel games, The New Orleans Advocate reported.

“These kids are following Colin Kaepernick’s footsteps, and (the deputies) are frustrated with the situation,” Sheriff Newell Normand told the newspaper. “But like anything else, there are some people who feel more strongly about it than others.”

He said the deputies are simply exercising their rights, “just as the kids have the First Amendment right to express their own views.”

read more;

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/29/louisiana-deputies-...

Views: 379

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Look at their record LOL I would do something STUPID too to take the focus off the fact they suck LOL

The reason that these are considered kids or children is that they still need to have ADULT guidance.  Even in nature you will never see a baby or even an almost adult animal have the power to make decisions.  I guess they do as these are the ones that get killed and eaten.  Twenty-one was the age of majority where-in you were considered an adult and allowed to vote and make decisions on their own.  It was my generation that has to take the blame for that mistake of getting the age of majority lowered to 18 on the assumption that if you were old enough to fight (Viet Nam), you were old enough to vote.  Since they eliminated the draft, that eliminated the rationale.  This was probably the worst thing that could happen to our society and it shows everywhere now.  Kids like these guys can be talked into just about anything and will do it or go along with it if any pretty little girl asks them to and I will bet that this is what started this.

Good for the deputies they are the patriots the school and the kids are the patsies for Obama fundamentally destroyed America...

Well folks-that is the future of this country! A bunch of devil worshipers who haven't a clue. Hopefully, when the NFL (National Failure League) collapses because "Real Patriots" quit spending their hard earned money on a bunch of professional whiners these kids won't have any income. BO promised change & he loves what these idiots are doing.  

it is awesome when everyone exercises their rights

people protesting by sitting during the anthem

police responding by not providing security

criminals using this opportunity to commit crimes

Perhaps the police should not show up when people are rioting in the streets.  If you want to be part of a riot you should expect harm to come your way that's part of being in the riot.  I stay home during a riot with my door locked.  I sit on the couch and clean my guns.  I don't need protection from the police because I'm armed and in my home.  However, if the police call me for help I'll be there for them.  As far as children protesting racial injustice in America by knelling at a football game I think a good spanking at home should be part of their protest.  American children of this generation are the most stupid self-centered millennials this nation has ever produced, including Kaepernick.    Kaepernick is a child whos shortsightedness does not allow him to see the bigger picture.  He needs to travel the third world countries.  When he comes back he will knell on both knees and this time kiss the ground he was once protesting.   

All black school huh?

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by Jerry HolbertPolitical Cartoons by Steve Kelley

ALERT ALERT

Pay-Back !!! Pedophile Who Assaulted Nearly 200 Kids Stabbed To Death In Prison

A convicted pedophile who abused almost 200 children was stabbed to death in North Yorkshire, England, on Sunday.

Richard Huckle, 33, from Ashford, Kent, was given 22 life sentences in 2016 after he admitted to sexually abusing 71 kids whose ages ranged from six months to 12 years between 2006 and 2014, according to the BBC.

The report said Huckle was attacked with a makeshift knife while inside his cell at the Full Sutton Prison.

At the pedophile’s trial in 2016, investigators said they found over 20,000 indecent photos and videos of his assaults, which were shared with other pedophiles via a site on the dark web called The Love Zone.

Reports said that prior to his arrest, Huckle posed as an English teacher and Christian volunteer worker in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where he groomed impoverished children.

In one of his online posts, Huckle reportedly wrote “Impoverished kids are definitely much easier to seduce than middle-class Western kids.”

Reports said he attempted to make money from his crimes by crowdfunding the release of the photos.

“Huckle also created a 60-page ‘how-to’ guide for other pedophiles seeking to evade being caught, and kept a scorecard and points system regarding the children who were abused — leading investigators to speculate he may have as many as 200 victims,” a Fox News report stated.

At his sentencing in 2016, Judge Peter Rook condemned Huckle for his heinous crimes he said had become routine for the pedophile.

Rook commented:

Your offending behavior became entrenched in your everyday life. Your life revolved around your sexual activities with young children. Your distorted beliefs in respect of children are deep-seated. Your self-delusion knows no bounds. It is also clear that, had you not been arrested, you planned to continue the same lifestyle using the expertise that you were keen to show off to and share with other abusers so as to continue your sexual exploitation of the children of such communities.

Reports said prior to his death, Huckle refused to cooperate with authorities when they tried to unlock a cache of encrypted files he had access to that may contain the names of victims and other pedophiles, according to Fox News.

BONUS VIDEO

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service