Tea Party Command Center

20 Dec 2012, 5:37 AM PDT
By DONNA CASSATA
Associated Press
WASHINGTON

The chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee _ and possibly the next secretary of state _ says mistakes were made at the State Department in the deadly Sept. 11 assault in Libya, but Congress shares some of the blame.

Sen. John Kerry spoke at the start of Thursday's hearings. He says an independent probe pulls no punches about the lack of security at the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi.

U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans died in the attack.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

Lawmakers want to know why security was "grossly inadequate" at the U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya when militants stormed the facility on Sept. 11, killing the ambassador and three other Americans, and why the military failed to respond faster during the nine-hour assault.

Members of the Senate and House foreign affairs committees on Thursday were to question Deputy Secretary of State William Burns, who is in charge of policy, and Deputy Secretary of State Thomas Nides, who is in charge of management, at back-to-back congressional hearings.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/12/20/Kerry--Mistakes-made-...

Tags: Benghazi, Burns, Committee, Congress, Democrats, Department, Foreign, John, Kerry, Nides, More…Relations, Republicans, Senate, State, Thomas, William

Views: 566

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ladybard, From what I know about so called Senator Kerry's allegiance it's very hard to tell now a days but please ask any Viet-Nam veteran their thoughts on the subject don't just take my thoughts on it?

I would trust your thoughts on the matter, Roland, but I followed the Swift Boat Veterans take on him during the 2008 campaign.  Not the most respected 'combat' veteran!!!!

Why blame Congress; the State Dept. budget was funded, but "hitlery" used most of it flying, uselessly, all over the world, so she could party, dance, drink beer and get down and "dirtier"!

RSS

TEA PARTY PROJECTS

© 2014   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service