Justin Trudeau Has ‘Plan’ To Ban Guns in June: Says MP

Canadian PM Justin Trudeau has secret plans to announce a "sweeping" ban on legal firearms, according to a Canadian member of parliament.

“I am told on good authority that the prime minister has a secret plan to ban legal firearms. Apparently, this secret plan is to be executed by cabinet directive with no debate in parliament,” Tony Clement, the independent MP for Parry Sound–Muskoka, told the House of Commons on Thursday.

“The prime minister plans to announce this ban at the Women Deliver Conference, where New Zealand Prime Minister Ardern will also attend – can the prime minister confirm or deny this zero accountability, secret plan?”

ThePostMillennial reports: https://www.thepostmillennial.com/liberal-government-has-a-secret-p...

Answering for the PM was Border Security and Organized Crime Reduction minister Bill Blair, who did not deny Clement’s claim. 

“Our government remains absolutely committed to taking all the measures that are effective in keeping Canadians safe…there is no greater responsibility for any order of government than the safety of their citizens,” Blair replied. “We are prepared to consider whatever measures will be effective in doing so.”

The government’s bill to increase restrictions on firearm acquisition, ownership and transportation (Bill C-71) remains stuck in the Senate after its Security committee gutted key components, including the definition of a ‘non-restricted firearm’.

Introduced last year, C-71 also proposes to extend background checks from five years to the lifetime of the applicant and mandates retailers track sales for 20 years. 

In an interview with The Post Millennial, Clement declined to reveal the sources for his claim. Asked if the information came from government officials or gun lobbyists, he said “I’m feeling really constrained on what I can say – it is definitely not any gun organization that has contacted me on this.”

“I honestly don’t know how broad this is, but I am led to believe that it’s sweeping,” said Clement. “Apart from where you stand on restricting guns, the way they’re going to do it is not through legislation…prevent(ing) parliamentarians from having a meaningful discussion on it – that’s certainly something I object to.”

The Women Deliver 2019 Global Conference will be held June 3-6 in Vancouver and is promising “over 6,000 world leaders, influencers, advocates, academics, activists, and journalists from more than 150 countries.” 

The PM’s wife Sophie Grégoire Trudeau is among the conference dignitaries that also include New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern. 

After 50 people were massacred in shootings at two Christchurch mosques in March, Ardern banned all semi-automatic weapons in the country.

https://newspunch.com/justin-trudeau-secret-plan-ban-guns-says-mp/

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A plan, I bet his people will start a yellow vest protest soon. UN Global Migration Compact in Canada.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Ken Catalino

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Michael Ramirez

ALERT ALERT

Deep State Treason:  Former State Dept. Official Under Trump Tells China To Quit Negotiating Until Trump Is Removed In 2020

Deep state traitors no longer hide their deep hatred for the American people —

Mrs. Susan Thornton, the former acting assistant secretary of state in the Trump administration, told her Beijing audience to stop negotiating until President Trump is removed from office in 2020.

Until July 2018, she was Acting Assistant Secretary for East Asian and Pacific Affairs at the Department of State and led East Asia policy making amid crises with North Korea, escalating trade tensions with China, and a fast-changing international environment.

The Conservative Treehouse and The South China Morning News reported:

A former official in the Trump administration has said that China can weather the storm brought by the trade war with the United States but might have to “keep steady, keep their heads down and wait” for change in the White House.

Susan Thornton, former acting assistant secretary of state to US President Donald Trump, told a gathering in Shanghai on Wednesday that she hoped a trade deal between the US and China could be concluded by next month.

But the reality was that it would “take a while” for China and the US to talk about cooperation again, Thornton, who in 20 years rose to become the US State Department’s chief negotiator for East Asia and Pacific affairs, told the South China Morning Post.

“I want to be optimistic,” said Thornton, whose 27-year career in Washington ended in July. “I tell all our foreign counterparts they should keep steady, keep their heads down and wait. [They should] try to not let anything change dramatically.”

“If this sceptical attitude towards talking diplomacy continues in this administration, you might have to wait till another administration,” Thornton said at an event held by National Committee of US-China relations and Shanghai’s American Chamber.

Embedded video
EAP Bureau    @USAsiaPacific

Acting Asst. Sec. Susan Thornton and EAP team en route to her nomination hearing before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee! 

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service