Judicial Watch: ‘Unlawful’ State Dept ‘Stonewalled’ Request for Refugee Travel Loan, Taxpayer Loss Info

Judicial Watch announced on Feb. 7 that it filed a lawsuit against the U.S. Department of State after it “stonewalled” their Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for information regarding Refugee Travel Loans and associated taxpayer losses, an “unlawful delay that screams ‘cover up,’” according to Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

The State Department’s Bureau for Population, Refugees, and Migration provides funding for the loans to the International Organization for Migration (IOM). In 2016, the Bureau “spent nearly $545 million to provide new beginngs to the world’s most vulnerable refugees,” according to their website.

The IOM, which joined the United Nations last year, provides interest-free loans, furnished by the State Department, to “all refugees arriving in the United States,” their website says.

These loans can be lucrative to refugee resettlement agencies. The Washington Post reported in December 2015 that refugee resettlement agencies contracted by the State Department collect over $5 million per year in Refugee Travel Loan commissions.

Judicial Watch is seeking records on the number of Refugee Travel Loans issued by the State Department to the IOM from 2010 to the present, including the number of loans defaulted on and the amount of money written off on each defaulted loan.

read more:

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/andrew-eicher/judicial-watch-un...

Views: 489

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

During "hitlery's tenure" at State, they "lost track of" - -what was it (??) something like six BILLION DOLLARS?  I think that was the amount bandied about, I could be wrong, but, whatever the amount, it has never been ACCOUNTED FOR!!

Most likely, a large chunk of that $6BILLION found its way to the clintonista family mafia foundation!

And the hits just keep coming.  It is time to fumigate the entire bureaucracy and get rid of all these illegal immigration incentives.  Where does it end?  Judicial Watch, I believe is our only hope along with James O'Keefe and VERITAS 

One doesn't lose track of billions of dollars... without committing a crime. Gross Malfeasance, misappropriation of funds, theft, embezzlement and other crimes come to mind. Fiduciary responsibility brings with it criminal liability if the fiduciary fails to adequately account for monies under their supervision.

Tell if I am a Bank Manager and all of a sudden billions disappear on my watch... is that simply grounds to dismiss me or would I be subject to criminal prosecution? Being accountable and responsible carries criminal liability with such responsibility... which people at State... are on their way to jail?

No one... going to jail... means that the system is corrupt and the entire State Department is suspect... they certainly such not be trusted with the Nations foreign policy or funds.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Al Goodwyn

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Michael Ramirez

ALERT ALERT

SICK: New Jersey Awarded $3.8 Million In Financial Aid To Illegal Aliens

A local news report revealed that the state of New Jersey awarded $3.8 million in financial aid to illegal immigrants during the 2018-2019 school year.

According to a report from NJ.com, the state of New Jersey gave $3.8 million in financial aid to 749 illegal immigrant students in the last academic year. More than a quarter of the funding went to 328 illegal immigrants that attend Rutgers University.

New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy signed a law last year that allowed illegal immigrants to apply for financial aid. Prior to the signing, illegal immigrants were permitted to apply to pay in-state tuition at public universities but they were not eligible for financial aid.

Murphy, who supports the spending, hit back at Republican critics by arguing that giving financial aid to illegal immigrants is compatible with American values.

“I’d even invite any of those folks who have that attitude, beginning with our president, to come on into this room and allow me or any of us to say, ‘This is the United States of America,’” Murphy said at the time.

David J. Socolow, executive director of the state’s Higher Education Student Assistance Authority, defended the state’s decision to offer financial aid to illegal immigrants.

“This financial assistance offers these New Jersey students a life-changing opportunity,” Socolow said in a brief comment.“The successes of these first 513 students, who are now attending county colleges, state colleges and universities, and independent institutions around the state, will have a positive impact on countless additional lives.”

According to the report, there is currently no limit on the amount of illegal immigrant students that are permitted to receive financial aid from the state of New Jersey. State lawmakers forecast that they will spend approximately $5 million on financial aid for illegal immigrants each year.

Video: Flashback: NJ Governor signs bill allowing free tuition for illegal immigrants

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service