Judicial Watch: DHS Records Detail Mexican Government Helicopter Crossing Border and Firing...

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that it obtained documents from the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) that confirm a June 26, 2014, attack by a Mexican government helicopter on U.S. Border Patrol agents.  The Mexican helicopter crossed into U.S. airspace before firing on U.S. Border Patrol personnel. The Mexican government initially denied that the attack near Arizona’s San Miguel Gate occurred, but later admitted to the armed incursion.

The CBP documents were released in response to a July 9, 2014, Judicial Watch Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to CBP seeking:

Any and all records regarding, concerning or related to the June 26, 2014 incident near Sells, AZ on the Tohono O’Odham Indian Reservation during which one or more Mexican military helicopters reportedly entered U.S. airspace and fired shots in the vicinity of U.S. Border Patrol personnel.

The CBP records include a description of the record (memo, email, etc.) author, recipients, date of record, etc. The document title notes:

• [US Border Patrol] Agents from the Tucson Sector Foreign Operations Branch were parked approximately 100 yards north of the Border on the U.S. Side when they observed a Mexican LEA helicopter cross north into the U.S. for approximately 100 yards. The agents then heard and observed two rounds being shot from the helicopter which landed approximately 15 yards to the side of one of the unmarked Border Patrol Vehicles (FOB) they were driving. Also, there were two marked vehicles at the scene next to the unmarked as well.
  • A total of six Mexican law enforcement helicopters flying near the Represito Ranch were observed by the four agents. Two agents were driving two marked Border Patrol vehicles and two additional agents were in a third, unmarked vehicle when one of the helicopters flew directly north and crossed into the US approximately 100 yards. The helicopter immediately turned back south into Mexico and landed at the Represito Ranch where Government of Mexico (GOM) officers exited the aircraft. Five GOM officers walked north and approached the International Border Fence where the incident had occurred, and subsequently made contact with the agents. The GOM officers apologized for the incident and stated that the incident had been reported to their main office in Mexico City, D.F.

The information obtained by Judicial Watch revealing that “GOM officers … stated that the incident had been reported to their main office in Mexico City” directly conflicts with the initial response from the Mexican government. According to the New York Daily News:

Tomás Zerón, the director of the Mexican attorney general’s office investigative office, said that Mexican military and federal police who were conducting an operation on a ranch in Altar, Sonora, were shot at by criminals. Mexican authorities never fired any weapons and in fact never crossed into the U.S. side of the border, he said.

Going back a decade, Judicial Watch has forced both the Bush and Obama administrations to release documents detailing intentional border incursions by Mexican military and other government personnel.

read more:

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-wat...

Views: 578

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i miss the days when this would have surprised/shocked me.

I do too, Mark. Did we ever believe it would come to this? We were mad in 2009, so what do you call what we are now???

after the pain we become numb.

I do too but we must stay focused. One more blood moon to go....

This type of activity has been going on for years... hundreds of years.  Mexican and US authorities in hot pursuit of criminals have been known to cross the border to take the criminals in custody.  What is needed is a treaty which provides for specific protocols to be used for such actions... we are supposed to be neighbors and we need to work together for the mutual security and policing of criminal activity in both nations... surly, with modern day communications and sophisticated friend/foe identification systems we can find a solution which is beneficial to both Mexico and the US.

The ONLY problem with your statement is that the Mexicans are NOT in hot pursuit..they are aiding and abetting the cartels...why they fired on the BP......wake up. I live here in AZ and have been on the border..it is a viscious and dangerous  place! The cartels run the show and recently so is Hezbollah. We need that border shut down and guarded by our Marines.

Debra, I so agree!  You don't even have to go to the border, it's here in the valley!

I wonder what would happen if a Mexican Helicopter flew into American airspace, fired on American citizen, and the citizen shoots back?! Where I come from such an incident constitutes an act of war! If I were in the WH and I knew of these incursions, I would authorize the IMMEDIATE shoot down of the chopper the second it entered OUR airspace!

I have read in other articles that Obama is working with the Mexican President and the drug lords.  I bet Obama is letting the gangs over.  More drugs out there the more he can dictate and jail people.

I keep repeating, we have No Law, we have No Law, we have No Law.

Love JW..they get every spare penny I can afford...they and the ACLJ of Jay Sekulow..fighting for our Tea Parties and what is right.

They can do most anything they like. They must respect the White House and grounds and the golf course Obummer is playing on to-day. Those are off limits! If they really want trouble just delay a tea time or fly over as he's over a putt. Then they would have a problem? The rest of us don't count and not worth haveing an issue over? Now you can see some real leadership ! We know where his goat is tied-right?? Oh, he nor his wife or kids will be visiting any museums,so they are in play. Nothing but the best for America?

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Steve KelleyPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

Florida Sheriff — “I Will Not Enforce Assault Weapons Ban, Neither Will Most Sheriffs”

Dennis Lemma, who is the Sheriff in Central Florida’s Seminole County, told a group of 2nd Amendment activists recently that he would not enforce an assault weapons ban that could soon become Florida law if the “Ban Assault Weapons Now” amendment passes in the Sunshine State.

According to News965, the ban has the following specifications.

The amendment proposed in the state legislature would ban possession of assault weapons, which are defined as “semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once, either in fixed or detachable magazine, or any other ammunition feeding device.”

Lemma, an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment and a first term sheriff who is running for re-election, said this about whether or not he would enforce such a law.

“It’s not only that I wouldn’t, the majority of sheriffs across the state would not do it,” Lemma said in the video. It’s up to the sheriffs what they are willing to enforce.”

Trump Holds Rally in Milwaukee, WI 1-14-20

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service