Image result for bergdahl memeA military judge will not dismiss charges against Bowe Bergdahl despite President Trump's harsh criticism of the Army sergeant during the campaign.

According to The Associated Press, Army Col. Jeffery Nance ruled on Friday that while Trump's comments were "disturbing and disappointing" they hadn't prevented the soldier from receiving a fair trial.

Bergdahl's lawyers have maintained that the case against their client should be dropped in light of Trump's public remarks. Trump repeatedly blasted Bergdahl during the presidential campaign, labeling him a "traitor."

"We're tired of Sgt. Bergdahl, who's a traitor, a no-good traitor, who should have been executed," Trump said in October 2015.

“Thirty years ago, he would have been shot,” he added.

The prosecutors, however, argued that the comments are not relevant to the case since they were made before Trump became the commander in chief.

Bergdahl is charged with desertion and misbehavior before the enemy after walking off his post in Afghanistan in 2009.

read more:

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/321139-judge-wont-dismiss-bergdah...

Views: 547

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Should be 2 TRAITORS SHOT !  

Yep!

this will be interesting to watch

I wished I could be on that Jury for this worthless Mus-slim scumbag! He is like the rest of his brothers-WORTHLESS & should face a firing squad ASAP! Some of his fellow solders died while searching for this deserter! Put him in Guantanamo & feed all those "camel humpers" to sharks! Take BO with him, too! Hopefully, sharks eat human dung! Sorry sharks!!!

Follow the letter of the LAW! And then EXECUTE!!!

OTHERS WERE KILLED TRYING TO FIND HIM !  NO DISMISSAL !! 

No, let the men he served with decide. 

Give him to them for a 24 hour period, with total control as to what happens to him without impunity. 

No waste of time, no money spent on a free lawyer that we pay for, no housing him in a swanky prison, no money spent feeding, clothing or medical expenses for him forever. I can insure you, he would disappear, never to be heard from or seen again. End of story!!!

I hope the noose is waiting for this traitor as well as the retard obama!

He was known to have deserted his post to connect with the enemy. Why in the world was he promoted two enlisted ranks?

And shot he should be!!! He is a traitor and has caused the deaths needlessly of other soldiers.

Good or great he should stand trial.

When I was in the Army in the 60's I was given a special court martial because I missed an Adjutant General inspection even though I was in an auto accident the night before and was admitted to and was in the hospital for three days! I don't know what it is like today but when I was in the Army, if asked why you did something not consistent with military protocol, there was only one answer! NO EXCUSE SIR! For this infraction I was confined to post for 30 days and reduced one grade!

I also got a summary court martial for not getting a haircut, for this infraction I was given two weeks on KP and reduced one grade!

This bastard Bergdahl deserts his command and his fellow soldiers and he gets a promotion! If any President had a mental problem, it was Obama!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by Lisa BensonPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

CONFUSION:   Pelosi Says Constitution Spells Out ‘Two Co-Equal Branches’ Of Government

No Nancy. No.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi must be taking night classes at the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez School of Government.

Pelosi, the 79-year-old third-highest ranking official in the U.S. government, was speaking to the Center for American Progress today when she mistakenly said there are “two co-equal branches” of government, before correcting herself to say there are three.

Watch:

“First of all, let me just say, we take an oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States,” Pelosi said.

“Democrats take that oath seriously, and we are committed to honoring our oath of office. I’m not sure that our Republican colleagues share that commitment, and I’m not sure that the president of the United States does, too,” she claimed.

“So, in light of the fact that the beauty of the Constitution is a system of checks and balances— two co-equal branches— three co-equal branches of government,” she corrected with a laugh.

“A check and balance on each other,” she continued. “Con— Constitution spells out the pri— pa, uh, the duties of Congress and one of them is oversight of the president of the United States, another one of them is to impeach the president of the United States,” Pelosi said.

In November, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez rallied supporters on Facebook to pitch in and help Democrats take back “all three chambers of Congress.”

“…the Progressive movement works and it wins in all districts…If we work our butts off to make sure that we take back all three chambers of Congress– three chambers of government…,” she said during the virtual appearance.

She clarified that she meant the “presidency, the Senate and the House.”

According to the Constitution, the three branches of government are the legislative, executive and judicial.

Below: Nancy Pelosi is continuing to promote the false narrative that President Trump is involved in a cover-up and therefore may be guilty of an impeachable offense. Millie Weaver joins Alex to break down the propaganda being used to overturn the democratic election of 2016 

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service