John Conyers to push again for reparations legislation for African Americans

U.S. Rep. John Conyers Jr. said he will re-introduce in the 113th Congress legislation that calls for a seven-member commission to study reparations for African-Americans.

“It is the most important piece of legislation I have ever introduced, and I will re-introduce HR40 in the 113th Congress,” Conyers (D., Mich.) told the 400 attendees at the “Revitalizing The Reparations Movement” conference last week at Chicago State University. The 113th Congress first met Jan. 3, 2013.

He made his comments in the wake of 14 Caribbean nations demanding reparations and apology from Britain and other European countries for the trans-Atlantic slave trade. If the countries fail to negotiate with the Caribbean nations, they will sue them in the World Court, which is located in The Hague, The Netherlands. Thus far, Sweden is the only country that has indicated a willingness to negotiate reparations.

POLL: Do you think that the Democrats-Progressives have worn out the race card?

Introduced in 1989
Conyers said the actions by the Caribbean nations will revitalize the reparations movement in the United States. “I think it is going to be a springboard for reparations,” he said.

Conyers first introduced the legislation, titled “Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African Americans Act,” in 1989 during the 101th Congress. The bill was referred to the House Judiciary Committee, where Conyers is the ranking member.

The eight-page piece of legislation, which was co-introduced by U.S. Rep. Bobby Scott (D., Va.), said the 4 million Africans and their descendants were enslaved in the United States and colonies that became the United States from 1619 to 1865.

the bill:

http://beta.congress.gov/113/bills/hr40/BILLS-113hr40ih.xml

You might also want do add to this discussion:

‘Climate Parents’ indoctrinating K-12 students on climate change th...

Views: 775

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Russell, you are sadly mis-informed.  The Confederate Constitution had banned any new slaves from coming into the South.  They were going to let slavery die naturally.  The South seceded from the Union reluctantly because the Northern States were trying to overpower the South.  I bet you didn't know that the first state to legalize slavery was Massachusetts and the first state to ban slavery was Virginia.  The war wasn't over slavery until Abraham Lincoln decided that using that was the only way to keep the North fighting. Confederate General Longstreet was right when he said, "We should have freed the slaves first and then fire on Ft. Sumpter."

Whatever, as I could care less.  You don't know what I know so I don't believe you are as smart as you would like people to believe you are!!!!  What am I going to be doing in an hour?  Come on an tell me.

If you could care less, why did you bother to reply?  You impress me as a person whose mind is made up and won't be confused with facts.  You must be a liberal democrat! 

You are the liberturd.  How many times did you vote for Obama?  Why did I reply?  because I can.  Oh, by the way, I follow the Tea Party.  Is Hillary you girl? LOL

As long as blacks can milk this thing they will. As long as someone can get money from this they will keep it going. It's an never ending problem. It's the grievance industry. Maybe Spike Lee should be in charge of distribution.

Maybe John should add up all the housing payments, welfare payments, aid to children, healthcare, ACORN payments into the  $billions,  Community organizers $billions.... payoffs to NAACP, and payoffs to Black leaders becoming rich with threats  of boycotts if they do not get  $$$$$$$.    They should owe the American Taxpayer $$$$.    If any of these $$$ had really been spent for the purpose they were  taken for it would not be a problem.   But  the purpose of these Leaders of the Black Community is to keep them down, poor, uneducated.    A thinking person cannot be controlled.  Strives for better.     The Great Society was a real killer for the black community.  Destroyed the family unit.

the black community leaders should shut the hell up.  They could be dancing around mud huts in Africa and starving to death, or dying from AIDS.  Like one black person said, he is thankful for African American heritage, just because of this..  Today he lives free in the most blessed country in the world.

Let me make an amendment to his amendment.

Claimant must prove he/she was personally transported to the US directly from his/her home country.  Not his granny nor any third generation relative. 

Claimant must then bring action directly against the transporting company as well as the captors that turned him/her over to the transport company.

For claimant to recover any tax dollars (which are mine) he/she must establish I participated in said enslavement and benefited personally. 

Lastly it must be a jury of MY  peers.  Not his/hers.

Yes, let us not play the ":ex post facto" card. That is prohibited by the United States Constitution, i.e. we cannot enact laws retroactively to avenge perceived moral wrongs which were nevertheless legal at the time in question. Before the adoption of the 13th Amendment in 1865, slavery was legal in the United States. Granting that legality and morality often do not match up, slavery still was practiced all over the world for four thousand years without anybody saying there is anything wrong with it. In any case, today's blacks were never slaves, and today's whites were never slave owners. Nobody living today owes anybody else anything for crimes, sins and vices of ancestors now dead and gone. This whole issue is just another politically-correct victimology "shake-down" a la Jesse Jack-ass and Al Charlatan-style!

black leaders are getting rich off the RACIST card, that is why they keep doing it.  no profit, they would quit. Sharpton, Jackson, Rangel is all about the $$$$$  Tell all black America to stay in school and get a job.  it will make them a useful person in society and give them much self confidence.

Where does one draw the line on time Congressman?  Every person in the world could ask for reparations for things that happened hundreds or thousands ago...........Seems almost all of minority Congressmen only are concerned with their own race, not the interests of ALL Americans...........

More of people trying to get "redistribution of wealth" from others instead of earning it! !

There's only (ONE) condition I'd vote for reparations:

1) that is,

ALL living descendants of African slaves, those having been born in America AND LEGAL citizens, will  get a one (1) time reparation payment of $5000.00 AFTER reaching age 18, having graduated from high school, and with no time served in prison.

Those who receive a reparation payout AND their progeny, have to give up WELFARE and OBAMACARE FOR - EVER, FOR ALL-TIME.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by Jerry HolbertPolitical Cartoons by Steve Kelley

ALERT ALERT

Pay-Back !!! Pedophile Who Assaulted Nearly 200 Kids Stabbed To Death In Prison

A convicted pedophile who abused almost 200 children was stabbed to death in North Yorkshire, England, on Sunday.

Richard Huckle, 33, from Ashford, Kent, was given 22 life sentences in 2016 after he admitted to sexually abusing 71 kids whose ages ranged from six months to 12 years between 2006 and 2014, according to the BBC.

The report said Huckle was attacked with a makeshift knife while inside his cell at the Full Sutton Prison.

At the pedophile’s trial in 2016, investigators said they found over 20,000 indecent photos and videos of his assaults, which were shared with other pedophiles via a site on the dark web called The Love Zone.

Reports said that prior to his arrest, Huckle posed as an English teacher and Christian volunteer worker in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where he groomed impoverished children.

In one of his online posts, Huckle reportedly wrote “Impoverished kids are definitely much easier to seduce than middle-class Western kids.”

Reports said he attempted to make money from his crimes by crowdfunding the release of the photos.

“Huckle also created a 60-page ‘how-to’ guide for other pedophiles seeking to evade being caught, and kept a scorecard and points system regarding the children who were abused — leading investigators to speculate he may have as many as 200 victims,” a Fox News report stated.

At his sentencing in 2016, Judge Peter Rook condemned Huckle for his heinous crimes he said had become routine for the pedophile.

Rook commented:

Your offending behavior became entrenched in your everyday life. Your life revolved around your sexual activities with young children. Your distorted beliefs in respect of children are deep-seated. Your self-delusion knows no bounds. It is also clear that, had you not been arrested, you planned to continue the same lifestyle using the expertise that you were keen to show off to and share with other abusers so as to continue your sexual exploitation of the children of such communities.

Reports said prior to his death, Huckle refused to cooperate with authorities when they tried to unlock a cache of encrypted files he had access to that may contain the names of victims and other pedophiles, according to Fox News.

BONUS VIDEO

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service