Jeff Sessions Prosecutes Obama-era FBI Agent For Leaking Classified Info

AG Jeff Sessions fires FBI agent for leaking classified intel

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has prosecuted an Obama-era FBI agent for leaking classified intelligence to the media.  

The Department of Justice filed criminal charges in Minnesota, accusing former FBI agent Terry James Albury of illegally disclosing national defense information to The Intercept.

Albury is accused of sharing a document “relating to threats posed by certain individuals from a particular Middle Eastern country” with The Intercept.

Theblaze.com reports: A second charge said that he refused to produce a document “relating to the use of an online platform for recruitment by a specific terrorist group.”

What does the agent say about the charges?

Lawyers for Albury said in a statement that he would take responsibility for his actions, but offered a hint of his motivation for leaking the documents.

“Terry Albury served the U.S. with distinction both here at home and abroad in Iraq,” the statement read. “He accepts full responsibility for the conduct set forth in the Information.”

“We would like to add that as the only African-American FBI field agent in Minnesota, Mr. Albury’s actions were driven by a conscientious commitment to long-term national security and addressing the well-documented systemic biases within the FBI,” the statement said.

What does The Intercept say about the charges?

Betsy Reed, the editor-in-chief of The Intercept, published a statement about the charges on its website.

“We do not discuss anonymous sources,” she wrote. “The use of the Espionage Act to prosecute whistleblowers seeking to shed light on matters of vital public concern is an outrage, and all journalists have the right under the First Amendment to report these stories.”

How did they catch the alleged leaker?

The Star Tribune explained the methods the FBI used to catch Albury.

According to previously sealed search warrant applications in the case executed last August, the FBI eventually linked references to secret documents in federal Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests filed by the Intercept in March 2016 to Albury’s activity on the FBI’s information systems.

…The FBI also identified a gray highlight across a row of text of the August 2011 document that is not present in the original document. Investigators also confirmed that Albury conducted “cut and paste” activity on that document and printed the copy a month before the Intercept’s FOIA requests. He also allegedly accessed about a half dozen other secret documents referenced in the requests, at least one of which was later published online.

The charges also indicated that the former agent allegedly photographed intelligence documents with a digital camera.

Albury is the second alleged leaker charged for spilling state secrets to The Intercept. In June 2017, NSA contractor Reality Winner was arrested for similar leaks to the same news outlet. The Intercept was ridiculed on social media at the time for apparently not protecting their sources enough.

‘Rogue anonymous sources’ 

Attorney General Jeff Sessions had said in August 2017 that the Department of Justice was drastically increasing its  investigations into intelligence leaks.

“We will not allow rogue anonymous sources with security clearances to sell out our country any longer,” Sessions said at the time.

http://yournewswire.com/jeff-sessions-prosecutes-fbi-agent-classifi...

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

More BS... This is not a political leak coming out of high places... This is a questionable leak, and may well be the work of a whistleblower, trying to expose what he believed to be political corruption.  Big Difference.

AG Sessions is prosecuting what appears to be a whistleblower... This prosecution is counterproductive to exposing hardcore political corruption and espionage in the highest levels of the government.  We need to see major players indicted: former Directors of the FBI, Attorney Generals, The Secretary of State, and ex-Presidents, all need to be indicted for espionage... not some low-level FBI Agent.

Yes more BS from the media, so, Mr. Nelson, you sent out emails, even one to me, like damn man, did you miss me....? ....LMAO

Hank... you grow on people.  At least your beliefs are sincere, albeit often misinformed or poorly stated.

I grow on people, damn man, thats sweet....LMAO

Tell Sessions to Resign! He's so useless.

A Guillotine would be more appropriate... Let the punishment fit the crime and AG Session's crimes are severe and many.

AGREED!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AL Goodwyn

Political Cartoons by Nate Beeler

ALERT ALERT

Rush Limbaugh: Hillary Just Admitted To Everything
I’ve Been Trying To Warn People About The Democrats!ll  

(TeaParty.org) – Rush Limbaugh, the godfather of conservative punditry, has a hait of being right.

And he’s well aware of this.

During a recent show, the commentator pointed out that Hillary Clinton had recently confirmed everything he’s been saying about Democrats for years.

Clinton, whose recent interview with CNN journalist Christiane Amanpour made headlines for many of the stunning things she said, also made a call for non-civility because the Democrats are not in power.

“You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about,” she said. “That’s why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and or the Senate, that’s when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing that the Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength.”

“(Hillary) pretty much admitted everything I have been trying to warn people of about the American left and the Democrat Party!” Limbaugh responded on his show.

“She went out and in her best Maxine Waters impersonation,” he continued. “She was encouraging people to be uncivil, and she was saying that it was justified being uncivil, given the opposition, the Republicans.”

Rush is well-aware that Democrats have only been feining civility whenever it suits their desperate pursuit of power.

“(I)f they win the House, then they can go back to being civil. If they win the Senate, then they can return to civility,” he summed up Clinton’s position.

“I mean, they’re making the case, they’re proving the point .… In all of this crazy, deranged, unhinged behavior of left-wing activists, I haven’t heard one elected Democrat denounce it,” he explained. “I haven’t heard one elected Democrat attempt to distance himself or herself or the party from it.”

The behavior he speaks of has been on full display in the attempt by an angry mob to disrupt Ted and Heidi Cruz’s dinner last month, and the angry mob that tried to knock down the 30-ton doors to the Supreme Court when Brett Kavanaugh was sworn in.

This is not a change in the tenor of Democrats, Limbaugh explained, but only them showing their true colors.

“They are all encouraging it. My point is: This is who they all are — and with Hillary Clinton now advocating this incivility,” he said.

“What did I tell you yesterday? We’re not in a battle of ideas anymore. We’re not in an argument over ideas,” he continued. “They don’t… They’re not even looking at any of this as about ideas.”

He explained that the right and the left vary not just in ideology, but in their fundmantal view of America.

“They see America today as flawed and illegitimate and, therefore, in need of a new set of defining values that will serve to unify the people who want to be part of America,” he continued.

“Not anything to do with our founding. Not the Constitution. Not the Declaration. That’s out the window ’cause all that’s tainted,” he said, explaining the way the left sees things. “All of that was written by a bunch of privileged white guys who were setting up a system for themselves and their families and their descendants.”

But we don’t even need Limbaugh to explain this…this comes right from the horse’s mouth:

Sarah Palin    @SarahPalinUSA

Rush Limbaugh: Hillary Literally Just Came Clean on Everything I’ve Been Saying About the Left

Rush Limbaugh: Hillary Literally Just Came Clean on Everything I’ve Been Saying About the Left -...

There are few people who can call out the empty […]

chicksonright.com

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo recently declared that “America was never great.”

Michelle Obama claimed to have never been proud of her country until they elected her husband.

Her husband openly admitted he wanted to “fundamentally transform” our country.

Maxine Waters refuses to backtrack on her call to harass GOP lawmakers in public.

All this while Antia wages war on anyone they disagree with, armed with whatever makeshift weapon the can scrape together.

They’re telling is what they’re up to. It’s time to start listening.

© 2018   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service