I have not contributed much to this site lately but this one has kind of brought me out of my shell.  I like most saw the report on this incident in the last few days and as a guy that retired from the Navy in 2002 from a command that had a similar mission to the ones that surrendered to the Iranians without firing one shot and am made ill by the conduct of one of the sailors and would participate in hanging him myself if asked.  Am sickened by that honorless stinking skunk maggot, John Kerry who was as much of a sniveling coward as you ever want to see on active duty characterizing this as a improvement between us and Iran.  I could not believe my eyes seeing our guys on their knees with their hands behind their heads and the Iranians taking weapon after unfired weapon with tons of ammunition as these............whatever did nothing.  What has happened to our Navy, what has happened to our government, what has happened to honor, courage and commitment.  What happened to the code of conduct?  As I said, I retired in 2002, but I am still ashamed to say I am a US Navy vet.  It's a sad day.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/13/politics/iran-us-sailors/

Views: 1303

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello, Macon.

First, thanks for your service.  Second,  Kerry, as well as Hillary and the rest of the Obama admn, and quite a few of the members of Congress are the most despicable and loathesome people ever to be in the same rat's nest known as DC!

What is almost as dangerous as they are is how out of touch many that claim to be TEA members and Conservatives have gone along w/ the political extremists -- that are simply giving in to their anger - instead of seeking and ACCEPTING the facts!   We've seen it w/ wild Bill Clinton; and then at an even deeper level w/ Obama.  A blinding fanatcal following.  We now see that very same behavior coming from the Trump.supporters. 

And like the Obama fans, the Trump fans have been mesmerized by Trump's words. Like the Obama-bots, the Trump-bots have decided to give him a pass on his very liberal positions on very key issues.  And all because Trump is echoing the anger! 

But, WHO put people like Hillary, Reid, Pelosi, Obama, McConnell, Boehner... and the rest of these hard core progressives in office; and keep them there?  The VOTERS do!

Politicians can only be as powerful as the voters LET them be!  Period!

All this is happening because the American voters had abandoned the watch and had become negligent.  Now that the CRAP is just starting to hit the fan HARD, people, instant-gratification creatures that they are, once again seek yet another savior!  That one-man-band that will solve all our problems w/ perhaps yet another "pnohe and pen" if necessary!  Someone that says that "THEIR" govt rule will be the "right" govt rule!

Ronald Reagan's 9 most terrifying words were "We're from the govt. And we're here to help".

America gets what it deserves.  PERIOD!

With all due respect, can't they build a climate controlled, bulletproof glass shelter for these soldiers?  It is a tomb and the last I knew, we did not have a run on tomb robbers in D.C. 

I get the honor thing but this can be done other ways just as well.

Carolan...

It is the honor thing... totally.  One doesn't abandon their fallen comrades... having a guard on the tomb signifies America's unwavering commitment to remember the fallen.  A commitment not to forget or to abandon those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.  It has very little to do with protecting the site from vandals although that is also part of the roll.

@Ronald A. Nelson Col. USA (Ret),

I fully support honoring our fallen heroes as well as our active duty members and veterans, I just don't feel having an enclosure would be a dishonor.  I guess it is the mother/grandmother/great grandmother that does not like to see these brave folks out in this weather, wide open to the elements when an all glass enclosure could serve the same purpose. 

I don't want to wussify these brave souls but it is so cold right now.

I assure you that the soldiers on this detail are well equipped for the weather and they are properly relieved based on the weather... no one is endangered or put at serous risk of illness.  In fact, these soldiers are a very special breed, whose dedication and esprit would be affronted should it be suggested that they stand guard in a shelter... they would take it as an affront to their honor... and TRADITION of the services.

Ronald,

You are right and I am just an overprotective Mama.  I just want to put earmuffs on that young man..... LOL

Ronald,

I do believe in honoring our fallen heroes and our men and women in active duty as well as our veterans.  I just don't see how a glass enclosure would be disrespectful or diminish the intent and purpose of the guard.

The mother/grandmother/great grandmother in me is concerned about the health and safety of these brave souls.  Look at the one young man with snow piled high on his hat and nothing on his ears.  He could get frostbite and lose those ears.

May the Good Lord watch over all our men and women in uniform and our veterans and may He bless, protect, guide, redeem and deliver them and their loved ones eternally through Christ Jesus, Amen!

Thanks for posting, Wink.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom StiglichPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

Florida Sheriff — “I Will Not Enforce Assault Weapons Ban, Neither Will Most Sheriffs”

Dennis Lemma, who is the Sheriff in Central Florida’s Seminole County, told a group of 2nd Amendment activists recently that he would not enforce an assault weapons ban that could soon become Florida law if the “Ban Assault Weapons Now” amendment passes in the Sunshine State.

According to News965, the ban has the following specifications.

The amendment proposed in the state legislature would ban possession of assault weapons, which are defined as “semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once, either in fixed or detachable magazine, or any other ammunition feeding device.”

Lemma, an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment and a first term sheriff who is running for re-election, said this about whether or not he would enforce such a law.

“It’s not only that I wouldn’t, the majority of sheriffs across the state would not do it,” Lemma said in the video. It’s up to the sheriffs what they are willing to enforce.”

Trump Holds Rally in Milwaukee, WI 1-14-20

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service