IRS Whistle Blower: Embezzlement, Give Aways, Bullying and Misappropriations

Taxpayers were denigrated in writing as “upper class twits” and one cadre member stated that, despite the weakness in our legal position, the taxpayers in these cases were typically elderly and could be forced into settling their cases. 

I have been an attorney in the IRS Office of Chief Counsel for over 26 years. Over a number of years, I have attempted, largely unsuccessfully, to alert the public to abuse within the IRS. One of my kids suggested that I contact a blog and Power Line has graciously agreed to publish this account.

I do not personally know whether the IRS has targeted conservative groups or individuals, but I do know that the environment within the agency is ripe for such activity and there is nothing to prevent it from occurring. As stated in more detail below, I have personally witnessed improper giveaways of billions of dollars to taxpayers with inside access at the agency, bullying of elderly taxpayers, the cover-up of managerial embezzlement and misappropriation of thousands of dollars in government funds, and a retaliatory audit. I have also heard credible accounts of, among other things, further improper giveaways, blatant sexual harassment, and anti-Semitism. All of these matters have been swept under the rug.

A number of years ago, a manager in my office was embezzling thousands of dollars in travel funds. His actions were common knowledge, but other managers, including a currently high ranking executive in the office of chief counsel, did not report him. I did report his conduct to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA), but they did not investigate the matter for a considerable length of time. After I complained to my local congressman’s office, TIGTA finally forwarded the matter to the office of chief counsel to be handled internally. Eventually, the office of chief counsel made the manager pay the money back, but took no other disciplinary action, even though others who committed the same type of scheme were punished severely.

read more:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/02/bill-henck-inside-the...

Views: 869

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brings back fond memories of the financial trap that Sebelius and Geithner put in place back in 07/08.

I just saw on TV a republican asking the IRS to shut down all groups from advertising 60 days befor an election. What makes them any different from Obama and the democrats, NOTHING they are all in the same bed
We need a Revolution and all government employee's need to be fired and some jailed. A clean sweep every government employee gone with the wind no pension no retirement nothing. Shut this country down and start over no elected official can hold office again ever.
Like I have said, there are federal people who owe billions in back taxes, illegal immigrants have been granted tax refunds when they are not paying taxes, Muslims are on the same line. Then you have loop holes for corporations. Graft takes its toll on our tax dollars.

Our government is so corrupt! we need a good house cleaning. Then comes along Obama and Eric Holder and takes the lid off of any hope of honest people being treated fairly.  I agree with doing away with the IRS, it is to tempting for any politician to use for political reasons;  each and every one of us live with the fear of being targeted by the IRS.

your goverfnment at work, dosen't surprise we in thew least

It's this kind of crap that convinces me that the IRS has become way too big for its britches.  They abuse their power and hide their abuses within a corrupt system.  We need to repeal the Income Tax, replace it with the Fair Tax, and eliminate the vast majority of the tax laws, regulations, lawyers, lobbyists, and IRS employees sucking the country dry!

Send to your Congressmen/Senators.  Most of them will ignore you because they really don't want to change the system.  The whole income tax behemoth has been their creation and has enabled them to give favors or take them away as it suits their own political interests.

Do you want your government to run efficiently?  Do you want elected officials who will care more about the good of the country than about enhancing their own net worth?  Do you want, and expect, government bureaucrats to deal honestly and fairly with all citizens, regardless of their political differences?

If you answered yes to any of these questions and you are not actively involved in changing the status quo, then you are part of the problem and the type of apathetic citizen these corrupt bureaucrats/politicians rely on to stay in power.

There's a quote from Dante Alighieri's poem The Divine Comedy that reads: 

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

Dante Alighieri

"For where the instrument of intelligence is added to brute power and evil will, mankind is powerless in its own defense."

Dante Alighieri

The snake pit that Obama built with 16,000 new Gestapo for his private army of scum.

Dump the IRS. These pieces of crxp are not on our side. These worthless idiots have long since changed sides. We should have a straight sales tax to support everything. Every state has a sales tax, so it is already in place. No setup cost.
What is the point of taxing big companies? They have so many loop holes, that they pay nothing or very little. Check these out. A straight sales tax would eliminate all of the loopholes.

If they were not taxed they would have no loopholes to exploit. A straight sales tax would treat everybody fairly. A man would pay according to how high on the hog he lived. If a man buys a Rolls Royce, he pays taxes on the price of it. But if he buys a 10 year old Chevy he pays taxes on the price of it. The idiots always claim that money will come from somewhere else. They've got revenues coming in that will cover it, or their cutting something that will free up more money for it. Government has no money of its own. It is all ours, & we are the ones that pay for everything. It matters little how much they babble, or tap dance around it. The bills will be paid by me you & the guy down the street. Nobody else is ever going to pick up the tab.

Butch,

Sort of OK...  NO tax on FOOD.  No tax on CLOTHING.  No tax on cars more than 5 years old.  Include the TAX in the PRICE.  (It's NOT our tax.  Article One of our Constitution forbids a DIRECT TAX.)(This is why we need the Article V states Convention to Amend.  Amendment 28 will repeal the 14th, 16th and 17th amendments.) 

We need to stop paying Foreign aid subsidizing a hundred or more countries, most of whom HATE us. 

We need to re-instate imposts and tariffs.  The tax on imported car parts would be 125% of the 'savings' the car makers have from NOT making it here.  It goes for EVERYTHING!  We used to make EVERYTHING here, and we can again.   

WHO SAYS THAT THERE IS "NO" HONOR AMONG THIEVES! THE ENTIRE IRS IS NOTHING MORE THAN A GOVERNMENT APPROVED DEN OF THIEVES WHO HAS NO GOVERNMENT REALITY BUT ARE A "PRIVATE AGENCY", HOME BASED IN PUERTO RICO, WHO IS UNDER CONTRACT BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO TRICK< LIE< STEAL FROM THE AMERICAN TAX PAYERS VIA TRICKERY, FALSE DEVICE, FRAUD, LIES, THREATS, IMBEZZLEMENT, VIA OVER "72,000 PAGES" OF PURE GARBLED "GIBBERISH" BULL SH-T" OF "FALSE" RULES AND REGULATIONS! THE IRS IS NOT A LEGAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY, BUT WHO ACTS IN "CRIMINAL CONSPIRICY" WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE!  THE INCOME TAX IS:  "VOLUNTARY"   PERIOD!

Johnathon,

The BIG thing is, they are applying their rules, regulations and 'laws' to the WRONG PEOPLE!  They do NOT apply to US.  They apply to TAXPAYERS, and earning a paycheck, in the private sector, does NOT produce a taxpayer.

They also MISAPPLY all of it, or at least a lot of it.  Read the sections they like to use against us NON-taxpayers, remembering that 'The Inclusion Of One is The EXclusion of any other.'  Section 6331(a) says they can seize assetts of - "Any officer, employee, or elected official of the United States or the Disrtrict Of Columbia, or any agency or instrumentality of the United States or the District of Columbia..."

Those descriptions do not describe ME.  Are they YOU?  I'll wager NOT.  They took my home, anyhow.  That, plus the fact that the Article IV 'judges' are (1) subject to audit, and (2) in the pockts of the IRS, you cannot win. 

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Joe Biden Vows: Give Taxpayer-Funded Obamacare To All Illegal Aliens In U.S.

Former Vice President and 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidate Joe Biden is vowing to give Obamacare, funded by American taxpayers, to all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States.

During an interview with Telemundo’s Jose Diaz-Balart, Biden forgot that Obamacare technically bans illegal aliens from enrolling in healthcare plans — although illegal aliens are still able to obtain subsidized and free healthcare at Americans’ expense — and promised that under his plan, all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens would be able to get Obamacare.

The exchange went as follows:

DIAZ-BALART: When I … NBC moderated that first debate with you, I didn’t … I don’t recall a clear answer, under your plan should … would the 11, 12 million undocumented immigrants that live in the United States, that have been here many for generations, would they have access …

BIDEN: Yes.

DIAZ-BALART: — to health insurance.

BIDEN: Yes, they … if they can buy into the system like everybody else.

DIAZ-BALART: Because you know, in [Obamacare] they can’t.

BIDEN: Yeah. Yeah, I know. Well they can, that’s my point. They continue to be able to do that.

DIAN-BALART: They cannot under the ObamaCare.

BIDEN: Well and that’s my point, they will though. They will be able to buy into … [illegal aliens] would be able to buy in, just like anyone else could.

Biden joins Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg — among other 2020 Democrats — in committing to forcing American taxpayers to pay for healthcare for illegal aliens who arrive in the U.S.

Already, due to loopholes, American taxpayers are spending nearly $20 billion every year to provide illegal aliens with subsidized healthcare, emergency room visits, and other health services.

Under the 2020 Democrats’ plan to provide taxpayer-funded healthcare to all illegal aliens living in the U.S., Americans would be billed potentially $660 billion every decade just to cover the costs. Other research has found that the plan would cost Americans at least $23 billion every year.

As Breitbart News has reported, experts have said that giving taxpayer-funded healthcare to effectively all foreign nationals who can make it to America’s borders would drive “strong incentives for people with serious health problems to enter the country or remain longer than their visas allow in order to get government-funded care.”

Despite 2020 Democrats’ continued push for taxpayer-funded healthcare for illegal aliens, American voters are overwhelmingly opposed to the plan. The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey revealed that the healthcare-for-illegal-aliens plan is the least popular policy position, with opposition from 62 percent of U.S. voters.

Similarly, a CNN poll from July discovered that 63 percent of likely swing voters oppose providing healthcare to illegal aliens, along with nearly 6-in-10 of all likely U.S. voters and 61 percent of moderates. A Rasmussen Reports survey also found that likely voters, by a majority of 55 percent, oppose giving healthcare to even the most low-income illegal aliens.

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service