Iowa Rep Presses Pentagon on Ending Breakfast for Troops Serving in Afghanistan

Press Release:

17 bases in Afghanistan have suspended serving troops breakfast; more bases will stop on Feb. 1

Washington, D.C. – Rep. Bruce Braley (IA-01) today wrote Army Secretary John McHugh to express “growing concern” regarding Army actions that have ended service of breakfast to American troops serving at 17 US military outposts in Afghanistan.

Braley has also been informed by the Army that this policy will be expanded to more locations in Afghanistan beginning on February 1st.

“I am troubled that the Army would deny any deployed troops three meals per day, regardless of force size,” Braley wrote.  “These men and women put their lives on the line every day to protect the very freedoms we cherish. The exhaustive mental and physical labor that is required by soldiers to fight in harsh and unforgiving conditions is tremendous. We shouldn’t deny our troops something as fundamental as a proper meal.

“I am positive that with the logistical mastery the Army has exhibited in combat operations around the world, you can logistically administer the procedure of serving breakfast every day.”

The issue was brought to Braley’s attention by concerned family members of Iowa soldiers serving in Afghanistan.

Views: 1971

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Karen,

Considering the state of 'Education' here now, our troops would only need a rinse!  Revisionist History shows what GOV. wants shown, and either down-plays or eliminates what they DON'T want shown. 

This whole scenario makes me ill.  The whole CONgress needs to be tossed out, along with the Usurper In Chief.  Impeachment would do no good, since it won't take them OUT and AWAY, it's just a slap on the wrist.

Lyndon Johnson, president from 61-63. He inherited his house, lived there until he died with "Lady-bird Johnson", his wife. They never took vacations during his office as president, he took responsibility of the American people's financiers,their "earned" money, and would not take a penny after his presidency. Humble yet a great patriot. He did his job then lived among us, as an American citizen. Enough of elite power, That Man is suppose to work for us, the American people!

Vicky, you had better do some more checking.   I thought that was who

you were talking about.

The man was a crook.   Medicare among other things were passed.

It was just another ponzi scheme like SS.   He pushed the big government

agenda through.

That "man" who lives to destroy our country, by the way was built "under God", needs to be impeached! Enough! Where are the rallies, demonstrators, I want to join up! Enough! That man continually performs treason to the US in every since of the word. Impeach him now, it is only getting worse. Enough!

I'm with you VICKY, the idea had had for a 5,ooo,ooo man march at any other time would be good, but we need ROAD signs showiing KING OBAMA, in one picture, with kids,OBAMA-YOUTH, and on the otherside, showing HITLER surrounder with kids,(HITLER YOUTH). Combine them on a ROAD sign!! Caption,hmmmmm, 'NO DIFFERENCE!! A FACIST IS A FACIST,and knows no color!!'. I wish I had the money to do that!! GOD BLESS US!! SEMPER-FI !! Larry K.Parent,Naples,FL.

Let's get it started. I see riots in Spain, France, other countries, at least they are protesting publicly! We need to stand up, unite, stop this traitor, he is not an American, he's a communist, a true portrayal of Hitler with same agenda. We cannot let this go on, enough. The Constitution is sacred, our country was built on it, successfully. How dare these traitors, to question our forefathers, all of the sacrifices, what the hell! Obama wasn't even born in USA. Where did he come from? Same place as Hitler, they are the same.
Mario Sandino : I take offense to your comment that all Latinos are a bunch of traitors . I was married to a Mexican-American
Vietnam war veteran . H e fought behind enemy lines as an Army Ranger . He did 2 tours over there . Many of our Latino
Veterans received medals for their bravery . If you are that pissed about illegals in our country , maybe you should tell
The White presidents that left our borders wide open for them to walk in .Peace out.
It's time to take away traveling expenses of the "first family". They have seen enough, spent enough, first four years. Americans are facing hardships while they vacation lavishly that alone would feed our troops 4-5 healthy meals a day! Johnson was a president that died only owning his house. He was offered more, but when his term of presidency was over, he said he didn't deserve it, it belonged to the American people. He refused secret service too. I used to watch him walk around his block in Independence, Mo., a great president living among us. He refused to take, take, take... What he stated belong to the American people, who had hired him!!!!!

Vicky, could you establish what president johnson you are referring to?

Lyndon Johnson, president from 1961-1963. He had inherited his home! Took nothing from the American people. There was no royalty, no zhars ,
What the hell. Apologizing to other countries because we are a great country! Enough! That should be our line....enough! Over a billion dollars of the American people's money spent on "Hitler's" travels, ENOUGH!!!!

I'M with you there is no room for stupid talk we have an enemy out there within and outside.

REMEMBER THIS...............GOD BLESS AMERICA THAT MEANS ALL AMERICANS

Those men work every day.  Seven days a week.  It's not a '9 to 5' job.  They VOLUNTEERED for that job, and mostly knew what they were letting themselves in for.  NOT BEING FED WAS NOT included.  I don't know about you, but I think I'd WALK OFF THE JOB, citing BREACH OF CONTRACT.  If they (gov.) can eliminate BREAKFAST, shown to be the MOST important meal of the day, what's to stop them from dropping dinner and supper?  (Not cost effective to FEED volunteers.  Let them bring their own.)  Or is this an effort to convert our Soldiers to Islam?  Or Comminism?  (Think our way, and get food.) 

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom StiglichPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

Florida Sheriff — “I Will Not Enforce Assault Weapons Ban, Neither Will Most Sheriffs”

Dennis Lemma, who is the Sheriff in Central Florida’s Seminole County, told a group of 2nd Amendment activists recently that he would not enforce an assault weapons ban that could soon become Florida law if the “Ban Assault Weapons Now” amendment passes in the Sunshine State.

According to News965, the ban has the following specifications.

The amendment proposed in the state legislature would ban possession of assault weapons, which are defined as “semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once, either in fixed or detachable magazine, or any other ammunition feeding device.”

Lemma, an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment and a first term sheriff who is running for re-election, said this about whether or not he would enforce such a law.

“It’s not only that I wouldn’t, the majority of sheriffs across the state would not do it,” Lemma said in the video. It’s up to the sheriffs what they are willing to enforce.”

Trump Holds Rally in Milwaukee, WI 1-14-20

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service