FORT WAYNE, Ind.—Hoosier lawmakers have joined a growing number of states that want your kid to take another exam. To graduate high school, students would have to pass an exam similar to the naturalization test required for immigrants to become U.S. citizens.

Still a work in progress, the bill will come up for debate during the upcoming legislative session and is being championed by Indiana Senate Education Chairman Dennis Kruse, a Republican of Auburn.

Kruse told The Daily Signal that he’s eager to see Indiana students rise to the same standard as individuals applying for American citizenship.

“I don’t know why our own young people—who are born citizens here, who go through our regular school system—shouldn’t know the same information,” Kruse said.

read more here: http://dailysignal.com/2015/01/03/indiana-joins-growing-number-stat...

Views: 404

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's Because their being purposuly dumbed downed. an illerate person does not question , they amimelessly go along,and do not use as many reasources as does a smart person ie. the perfect slave.

Just how do we get our own State Legislators on board for this needed education? I'm tired of listening to a group of so called high School graduates who do not know who the Vice President is or what his duties are or for most of the Senate and Congressional representatives. 

Call them Their in the phone book Hell i have them on speed dial. Both your State's Sen.'s and Rep.'s

Good One Marilyn C. made me LOL. thank you !!

Sometimes we just need a good laugh..........in the middle of all this stupidity and chaos.

I remember my high school civics class. it was 1 period per week my freshman year. that was it.

When I graduated High School in the late '70's, Civics was a required course to pass before a diploma was granted.

So what happened to the school systems of America since those times?

Good answer by storyTman, the left wing progressive teachers have destroyed our schools.  They will also teach that Obama THE TRAITOR is actually a good President.  WHAT A LIE!!

I wonder if the people administering the test could pass it themselves.  Hmmmm ...

Lois:  I don't think you know very much about Native American History, so I suggest you start doing some studying.  Did you know that the American government at that time gave them blankets contaminated with small pox, and deliberately gave them liqour before some of the treaty meetings?  Oh, and also deliberately killed off the buffalo, because this was their main source of food?   They were barbaric?  Check into what our government did to take their lands aways from them.  Oh, what about the trail of tears when they took the Cherokee nation from NC to Texas, Oklahoma, etc.?  I suppose that was just a fantasy concocted by the Cherokees?  Oh and there was a massacre by American calvary soldiers in CO., and they rode into Denver wearing wombs on their hats cut out of Native American women?  What about that?  YOu need to read and become more informed before making the comments you that you did.   

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Ken Catalino

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Michael Ramirez

ALERT ALERT

Deep State Treason:  Former State Dept. Official Under Trump Tells China To Quit Negotiating Until Trump Is Removed In 2020

Deep state traitors no longer hide their deep hatred for the American people —

Mrs. Susan Thornton, the former acting assistant secretary of state in the Trump administration, told her Beijing audience to stop negotiating until President Trump is removed from office in 2020.

Until July 2018, she was Acting Assistant Secretary for East Asian and Pacific Affairs at the Department of State and led East Asia policy making amid crises with North Korea, escalating trade tensions with China, and a fast-changing international environment.

The Conservative Treehouse and The South China Morning News reported:

A former official in the Trump administration has said that China can weather the storm brought by the trade war with the United States but might have to “keep steady, keep their heads down and wait” for change in the White House.

Susan Thornton, former acting assistant secretary of state to US President Donald Trump, told a gathering in Shanghai on Wednesday that she hoped a trade deal between the US and China could be concluded by next month.

But the reality was that it would “take a while” for China and the US to talk about cooperation again, Thornton, who in 20 years rose to become the US State Department’s chief negotiator for East Asia and Pacific affairs, told the South China Morning Post.

“I want to be optimistic,” said Thornton, whose 27-year career in Washington ended in July. “I tell all our foreign counterparts they should keep steady, keep their heads down and wait. [They should] try to not let anything change dramatically.”

“If this sceptical attitude towards talking diplomacy continues in this administration, you might have to wait till another administration,” Thornton said at an event held by National Committee of US-China relations and Shanghai’s American Chamber.

Embedded video
EAP Bureau    @USAsiaPacific

Acting Asst. Sec. Susan Thornton and EAP team en route to her nomination hearing before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee! 

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service