Illegal Immigrant Speaks Out At Press Conference About Being Illegal, Then Is Promptly Detained By ICE

Image result for ICE agentsAn illegal immigrant decided to speak publicly at a news conference about her immigration status Wednesday. She was later detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers.

Daniela Vargas, 22, was detained in Jackson, Miss. shortly after speaking at the press conference, The Clarion-Ledger reports. Vargas, an Argentine national who arrived in the U.S. at age 7, was previously protected under President Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. Her DACA status, however, recently expired.

Vargas’ attorney Abby Peterson told The Clarion-Ledger that Vargas’ car was pulled over by ICE agents moments after the news conference, and they told her, “You know who we are, you know what we’re here for.”

The press conference was hosted by local churches, immigration attorneys and the Mississippi Immigrants Rights Alliance to speak about recently deported families.

Views: 709

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not unless it is MANDATED VIEWING!  I don't want to see it.  

DeniselanAZ7 , i don't know but their sure as hell should be , congress and senate needs just that if the can find their balls!!.

“MCCARRAN-WALTER ACT OF 1952.”

The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 (Pub.L. 82–414, 66 Stat.163, enacted June 27, 1952), also known as the McCarranWalter Act, restricted immigration into the U.S. and is codified under Title 8 of the United States Code (8 U.S.C.ch. 12).

Col Nelson,

Thanks for your understanding.  I read all your replies as I learn things that I was not aware of and I appreciate that.  I did not know about this Act so now I can look it up.  Again thank you. Best to you and your family as God only knows what this all leads to.

This is about the Muslims right?

RSS

Lighter Side

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

HOT TEA VIDEO

President Trump INCREDIBLE Speech to UN General Assembly 9/19/17

YES PATRIOT STORE

© 2017   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service