I’ve Read Obama’s Secret Trade Dealed

You need to tell me what’s wrong with this trade agreement, not one that was passed 25 years ago,” a frustrated President Barack Obama recently complained about criticisms of the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP). He’s right. The public criticisms of the TPP have been vague. That’s by design—anyone who has read the text of the agreement could be jailed for disclosing its contents. I’ve actually read the TPP text provided to the government’s own advisors, and I’ve given the president an earful about how this trade deal will damage this nation. But I can’t share my criticisms with you.

I can tell you that Elizabeth Warren is right about her criticism of the trade deal. We should be very concerned about what's hidden in this trade deal—and particularly how the Obama administration is keeping information secret even from those of us who are supposed to provide advice.

So-called “cleared advisors” like me are prohibited from sharing publicly the criticisms we’ve lodged about specific proposals and approaches. The government has created a perfect Catch 22: The law prohibits us from talking about the specifics of what we’ve seen, allowing the president to criticize us for not being specific. Instead of simply admitting that he disagrees with me—and with many other cleared advisors—about the merits of the TPP, the president instead pretends that our specific, pointed criticisms don’t exist.

What I can tell you is that the administration is being unfair to those who are raising proper questions about the harms the TPP would do. To the administration, everyone who questions their approach is branded as a protectionist—or worse—dishonest. They broadly criticize organized labor, despite the fact that unions have been the primary force in America pushing for strong rules to promote opportunity and jobs. And they dismiss individuals like me who believe that, first and foremost, a trade agreement should promote the interests of domestic producers and their employees.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/05/tpp-elizabeth-warren...

Views: 395

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If it means anything, it was passed by Congress during Bush I's Presidency; he decided not to sign it - it sat/waited for incoming President Clinton - who was excited to sign the document.   Talking about that NAFTA thing.

Disagree with organized labor being important any longer; unions are corrupt.  Which is probably what Senator Warren objects to - she is beholden to.  But, that doesn't mean the TransPac is good for American workers.  As we have witnessed with Obama, he doesn't view the United States as his boss/governing law.  He stated to Congress publicly in one of his prior arguments with them, "I don't work for you, I work for the United Nations."  Since, he has not made that gaff again - someone told him to reel it in.

I truly believed that was the true Obama - that was one statement he made, that he was not lying.

LEAVE ILLEGALS ALONE OBAMA THE SLAVE MASTER SAY. 
ESPECIALLY THE SPANISH MOROCCAN JIHADISTS WEARING LOS METS BASEBALL CAPS. OBAMA THE TITULAR HEAD OF THE COMMUNIST PARTY IS SMUGGLING LATINO SLAVES INTO THE USA. 10% OF THE UNLISTED, UN DOCUMENTED SLAVES ARE SIPHONED OFF FOR THE ILLEGAL SEX TRADE. NO WITNESSES, NO PROTECTION, NO PROOF THEY EVER EXISTED.  JUST DRUGGED FOR WORK.  STOP THE OBAMA SEX SLAVE TRADE. 
SPIRIT OF AMERICA PARTY WE ARE ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE.

Since when is it wrong to "Protect"? I wish we had a government full of protectionists. If I was in that position I would yell the TPP proposal from the housetop. My advantage would be that the citizens, or better "WE THE PEOPLE" have a right to know how our government is killing us!

Any secret trade deals are not good.  That's the problem with this administration, secrets and we have to pass it to see what's in it.  If we can't see it then don't pass it.

let me read it and I will share the information with as many people as I can.  I don't care if fuehrer oblahblah likes it or not!!!!!  that Kenyan, diaperhead scum and his male wookie (disguised as a female) need to be hanged with a rope soaked in pig excrement!!!!!!!  both are disgusting tyrants!!!!!

I have read it will fast track amnesty.  It has a gun control part in it.  It gives Obama more power which is a sure fire NO WAY.  It is all bad.  Imagine Mr. Transparency  you can't see it  you can't read it. You can't take notes on it  You can't take your phone in the room.  The entire thing is 100% against the USA.

Fight like an egyption!They stood up took their country back thats exactly what we must do.its the only way left the govt every last one of them is crooked as all get out and no matter who we vote into office they will continue the demise of AMERICA for their own personel gain!

Then don't vote on it!!!!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by Mike Lester

ALERT ALERT

Democrat Disaster! 53% Of Black Voters, 60% Of Other Minorities Say Liberal Media Trying To Help Democrats Impeach Trump

Thanks to President Donald Trump ALL Americans now know the mainstream fake-news media is an extension of the Democrat Party.

In a recent poll a majority of black voters and minority voters say the media is trying to help Democrats impeach President Trump.

And half of FOX News too, by the way.

CNS News reported:

Both black voters and other minority voters are more convinced than white voters that most reporters are trying to help impeach President Donald Trump, rather than report the news fairly – with a majority of each of the three groups holding that view – a new Rasmussen Reports survey reveals.

In the national voter survey, conducted November 12-13, 53% of all voters said most reporters are trying to help impeach Trump:

“When they write or talk about the impeachment effort, are most reporters trying to help impeach President Trump or block his impeachment? Or are most reporters simply interested in reporting the news in an unbiased manner?”:

“Help impeach President Trump”: 53%
“Block his impeachment”: 8%
Report “news in an unbiased an unbiased manner”: 32%

But, 53% of black voters and 60% of other minorities, compared to 51% of whites, said reporters are trying to get Trump rather than report the news fairly.

Tucker: 'Star' witnesses couldn't point to any high-crimes

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service