All truly great things must eventually come to and end. It is with much sadness that I find that I can no longer be the voice of Command Center.

Like most of you, I work. My current job demands coupled with some family issues has forced me to think about all the hours that I spend online trying to defeat the Democrats

We have come so far from the early days.   We are winning and we will continue to win.  Because we are right and we are Americans. We fight for what we believe in.  It is ingrained in our souls. 

I was always just one small cog in the wheel. Someone will replace me and they will be awesome!

The most important thing is to keep speaking out! Keep educating yourselves.  You no longer need me to do that for you. 

We, as a movement, have come so far we can not let ourselves be taken back to the dark years when we knew what was happening but said nothing.  You have a voice.  You must use it!

I wish you all well and I will be on the boards posting on occasion. But, you will no longer find me in your inbox and I know that some will be happy about that!

Fight on....it is what we do.

Dee

Views: 3123

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Spicer Tells Off Acosta for Defending Liberals, ObamaCare; ‘Get Out...

By Curtis Houck

MRC CyberAlert

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 10:45 AM EDT

Tracking Liberal Media Bias Since 1996

Amidst the snow on Tuesday, White House press secretary Sean Spicer held a daily briefing and he tussled with CNN’s Jim Acosta after Acosta defended ObamaCare and wondered if President Trump is “okay with that there are going to be millions of people who aren’t going to have coverage.”

While never reaching the level of an epic shoutfest or duels between Acosta and Trump (see here and here), Acosta showed his naivete while Spicer explained how millions haven’t bought health care despite the individual mandate because the current system is unaffordable.

Acosta first followed up on questions about the investigation into whether there’s any proof President Obama spied on Trump’s team before unleashing this liberal hardball:

You were saying that you know, people, if they can't get access to insurance, they don't have coverage, but if you remove the individual mandate, you are going to have people who are not going to buy coverage. They’re not going to buy insurance and so, getting back to the Congressional Budget Office score, would you concede that there will be some coverage losses? Perhaps in the millions? That there will be millions of people who will not have health insurance as a result of what you are doing? 

Spicer calmly pointed to the fact that ObamaCare hasn’t ensured everyone and the individual mandate has been a negative since “13 million people have asked for a hardship exception and then 6.5-plus million people have determined to pay the penalty” instead of buy health care.

Acosta spoke right past those statistics that these folks (along with another group in, say, illegal immigrants) are already free riders. Nonetheless, Acosta complained:

The mandate forces people to buy insurance and if they don't have insurance, then you have a free rider problem in the system which is a problem in the Obama administration. When you have free riders and those folks get into a car accident and show up at the emergency room and then health care is much more expensive. 

The press secretary responded that, “under ObamaCare, they’ve created a system to force people to buy plans that they did not like that were mandated by the government in terms of what was part of the plan, what it had to cover, the deductible.”

Spicer also took a jab at liberal critics (see Acosta, Jim as an example) for promoting how many people are insured when, in reality, all that’s done is give people “a cute, little plastic card that I can wave around” but do nothing with because the plan is too expensive.

Acosta dug in deeper, lamenting that “at least it will get you coverage” and be able to state you have insurance “[i]f you show up at the emergency room if you’ve been hit by a bus, you’re not going to be just paying out of pocket to the hospital until you die.”

The banter pushed on with Acosta standing up for ObamaCare, boasting of how “generous” the subsidies are and defending “the other side” against the GOP plan:

SPICER: But if they actually had choices and had a plan option that was down at a budget they could afford, there is a higher likelihood they would buy a plan that was A, tailored to them and B, actually that they could afford. So, to your question about catastrophic, right now, that's not an option. In a third of all the counties in the United States, they only have one choice. In five states, they have one choice. Can you imagine if they could actually buy a plan? 

ACOSTA: It's just a talking point, but at least there is coverage in those states. That option of coverage. If you pull this away, then you’re going to have people in a lot of states that don't have access to any coverage —

SPICER: No, no. That’s not — totally false.

ACOSTA: — because they can't afford with it the tax credits you’re providing. I mean, there is an argument to the other side of this.

SPICER: Hold on. No, there’s not. Actually, I don’t —

ACOSTA: The subsidies are more generous[.]

SPICER: You’ve got 175 million Americans that get their insurance through their employer and frankly, right now, they’re the ones paying who keep paying higher and higher premiums because a system that was only supposed to help people get access and require them, get a government — government-mandated, government-run health care[.]

When Acosta fretted that seniors are concerned about losing their Medicare, Spicer hit back at the liberal journalist by telling him that “I think you need to maybe get outside and talk to some of them because more and more Medicaid recipients — in fact, more and more Medicare recipients aren't able to get coverage.”

“Again, it’s one thing to have a card. It’s another thing to walk into a doctor's office and them to tell you we no longer accept Medicaid anymore. That’s not care,” emphasized Spicer.

Acosta concluded his question by wondering if Trump is “okay with that there are going to be millions of people who aren’t going to have coverage.” Spicer replied that “the President's goal is to provide health care coverage to every American and right now, they’re not getting that and by giving them more choices at a lower cost, more Americans can either buy health care for their family or themselves or in a lot of cases for their business without paying a penalty.”

Here’s the relevant portion of the transcript from March 14's White House Press Briefing:

White House Press Briefing
March 14, 2017
2:52 p.m. Eastern

JIM ACOSTA: You were saying that you know, people, if they can't get access to insurance, they don't have coverage, but —

SEAN SPICER: Right. 

ACOSTA: — if you remove the individual mandate, you are going to have people who are not going to buy coverage. They’re not going to buy insurance and so, getting back to the Congressional Budget Office score, would you concede that there will be some coverage losses? Perhaps in the millions? That there will be millions of people who will not have health insurance as a result of what you are doing? 

SPICER: Well, again. Sure, except you have to look at the current situation. You are mandated by law to insurance right now under ObamaCare. 13 million people have asked for a hardship exception and then 6.5-plus million people have determined to pay the penalty. So currently, if you — if we look at the universe and say it's roughly 30 million people. Only nine million people engaged in the exchanges when required by law. The majority, almost two thirds, if my back of the envelope math is right, about two thirds, have chosen to either apply for a hardship exemption or pay a penalty. So —

ACOSTA: The mandate forces people to buy insurance and if they don't have insurance, then you have a free rider problem in the system —

SPICER: Right but look at what’s happening now. So, to —

ACOSTA: — which is a problem in the Obama administration. When you have free riders and those folks get into a car accident —

SPICER: No, no, but those folks — right —

ACOSTA: — and show up at the emergency room and then health care is much more expensive. 

SPICER: But they do — right — but my point, Jim, is that the way the system was constructed under ObamaCare, they’ve created a system to force people to buy plans that they did not like that were mandated by the government in terms of what was part of the plan, what it had to cover, the deductible, et cetera, et cetera and yet, roughly two thirds of the people either paid a penalty or asked for a hardship exemption. They didn't do it and so the idea is actually if you could bring down costs and choices and allow people to find a plan that fit their budget that was tailored to their needs, there’s actually a higher likelihood they will find something they want at a price they can afford as to right now custom is I get a plan that I'm forced to buy that has a deductible that I can't afford but I’ve got a cute, little plastic card that I can wave around. 

ACOSTA: But at least it will get you coverage. 

SPICER: No, no. That’s not true.

ACOSTA: If you show up at the emergency room if you’ve been hit by a bus, you’re not going to be just paying out of pocket to the hospital until you die. You’re going to have some sort of catastrophic coverage that will make sure you have insurance. That is the point, yeah.

SPICER: Thank you. That's a great advertisement for — thank you. 

ACOSTA: You’re welcome, but —

SPICER: That's exactly what the President is trying to do because right now, you have got — of the attempt to get 30 million people covered, 14.4 or 14.5 million people applied for a hardship exemption. They’re exactly the people that you are talking about. Another 6.5 million people have asked — have paid the penalty and don't have it. So, we have roughly 20 million people in this country who were supposed to be paying — required to buy health care that have chosen not do it, who fall into exactly the category you are talking about. The question — 

ACOSTA: But that number is massive by the year 2026 —

SPICER: — right. And so the point that I’m —

ACOSTA: — more than 20 million Americans. 

(....)

ACOSTA: Medicare is government run. 

SPICER: Right and what’s happening —

ACOSTA: How about senior citizens screaming that they don’t want to get rid of their Medicare. 

SPICER: I think you need to maybe get outside and talk to some of them because more and more Medicaid recipients — in fact, more and more Medicare recipients aren't able to get coverage. Again, it’s one thing to have a card. It’s another thing to walk into a doctor's office and them to tell you we no longer accept Medicaid anymore. That’s not care.

ACOSTA: But the President’s okay with — 

SPICER: No he’s not.

ACOSTA: — that there are going to be millions of people who aren’t going to have coverage.

"Amidst the snow on Tuesday, White House press secretary Sean Spicer held a daily briefing and he tussled with CNN’s Jim Acosta after Acosta defended ObamaCare and wondered if President Trump is “okay with that there are going to be millions of people who aren’t going to have coverage.” "

CNN's Jim Acosta Not R. Alexander Acosta.

Trump said today Medicare, Medicaid and social security will not be touched. He will veto any legislation that touches these three. We know those of us that have earned income pay for all of these programs. The problem is to many in our society want to live off the labor of others when they are able. I say hell no, they can work or they can starve, it's their choice not ours.

How about some of those people who are unwilling to work for their own healthcare get their priorities straight. Seniors who worked all their lives deserve what was paid for and promised. Those who won't work and pay their way usually have skewed priorities. The latest gadgets and transportation are what they value instead of their healthcare needs. I drive an older vehicle and use and older phone, but pay for my own health insurance policy, food, and shelter and have since age twenty. Why does the government say keep "kids" on your policy until age 26. Illegals want free healthcare too, but drive newer vehicles than we can afford as they don't pay for insurance or taxes! All those anchor babies are a means of access to healthcare(medicaid), food stamps, etc. Put people back to work so they can pay their own way and deport illegals!

Tana, I totally agree. I like work, 2 pensions, soc sec, VA disability from the Nam and work m-f 5 hour days. I'll out live these lazy youngsters without a doubt.
You paid for it, that's a intitlement. Those things not worked for is charity, simple as that. Give anyone a hand out of a ditch find him there again throw him an anchor. I have no sympathy for those their are lazy.

God Bless America and the State of Israel

Live Free or Die

Exactly. I do without some things as can't afford them, but worked a lifetime and paid my way. I slept well as I put in long workdays. I feel everybody should work if physically able. There are far too many on welfare, food stamps, etc. unwilling to work one job, let alone two. Obamacare was crammed through congress by democrats and was never about healthcare, but rather the power over healthcare. Obamacare should be scrapped totally as there are so many bad regulations placed it it that have increased insurance premiums for all. It really hurt small businesses. Bring back jobs and a thriving economy to make America great again. Clean out the corruption in DC. I know many do not like Trump, but he thrives on work. Bring back work ethics instead of lazy welfare couch potatoes!

Amen

The Duran

News and smart analysis on everything you need to know

In the 03/15/2017 edition:

Excerpts:

Democrat Congressman launches webpage with flow charts and arrows t...

Democrat Congressman launches webpage with flow charts and arrows trying to connect Trump to Putin

Democrat lawmaker launches a fake news webpage on Trump's ties to Russia.

The post Democrat Congressman launches webpage with flow charts and arrows t... appeared first on The Duran.

Do what did people do prior to 8 years of Obama? They found jobs with benefits or they found through free market insurance. I highly suspect that corporations want seriously to get out of the insurance business. I won't disclose my 2 retirements but will say I pay 195.00 monthly for my retirement benefit in a world class corporate 50. The wife and I have Medicare part A and B the B cost around 110.00 monthly deducted from Social SEC and that same retirement benefit kicks that 110.00 monthly to wife and I back to us every 6 months. My disability from VA is not part of this health care nonsense. Now if those of us that worked our butts off can enjoy why are the cost to everyone else in Obama care so high. I suspect it's only a fleece. I didn't say this to boost, the cost of that insurance was the same for everyone throughout the corporation regardless of age gender or any other factor. Now legislation wants your offspring on insurance until 26yo adding more dependency. I do not support subsidized health care unless it's for those incapacitated mentally or physically. Today conservatives seem to be moving left slightly and over time we'll see a major shift to get the voters that Democrats took advantage of. Compromise is not good in this case.

"I was always just one small cog in the wheel"

I dunno Dee. I found you to be a sparkly and vivacious cog. I am saddened to find you leaving . 

Well, there IS always Marilyn! Just let anyone try to roust her.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Chip BokPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Joe Biden Vows: Give Taxpayer-Funded Obamacare To All Illegal Aliens In U.S.

Former Vice President and 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidate Joe Biden is vowing to give Obamacare, funded by American taxpayers, to all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States.

During an interview with Telemundo’s Jose Diaz-Balart, Biden forgot that Obamacare technically bans illegal aliens from enrolling in healthcare plans — although illegal aliens are still able to obtain subsidized and free healthcare at Americans’ expense — and promised that under his plan, all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens would be able to get Obamacare.

The exchange went as follows:

DIAZ-BALART: When I … NBC moderated that first debate with you, I didn’t … I don’t recall a clear answer, under your plan should … would the 11, 12 million undocumented immigrants that live in the United States, that have been here many for generations, would they have access …

BIDEN: Yes.

DIAZ-BALART: — to health insurance.

BIDEN: Yes, they … if they can buy into the system like everybody else.

DIAZ-BALART: Because you know, in [Obamacare] they can’t.

BIDEN: Yeah. Yeah, I know. Well they can, that’s my point. They continue to be able to do that.

DIAN-BALART: They cannot under the ObamaCare.

BIDEN: Well and that’s my point, they will though. They will be able to buy into … [illegal aliens] would be able to buy in, just like anyone else could.

Biden joins Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg — among other 2020 Democrats — in committing to forcing American taxpayers to pay for healthcare for illegal aliens who arrive in the U.S.

Already, due to loopholes, American taxpayers are spending nearly $20 billion every year to provide illegal aliens with subsidized healthcare, emergency room visits, and other health services.

Under the 2020 Democrats’ plan to provide taxpayer-funded healthcare to all illegal aliens living in the U.S., Americans would be billed potentially $660 billion every decade just to cover the costs. Other research has found that the plan would cost Americans at least $23 billion every year.

As Breitbart News has reported, experts have said that giving taxpayer-funded healthcare to effectively all foreign nationals who can make it to America’s borders would drive “strong incentives for people with serious health problems to enter the country or remain longer than their visas allow in order to get government-funded care.”

Despite 2020 Democrats’ continued push for taxpayer-funded healthcare for illegal aliens, American voters are overwhelmingly opposed to the plan. The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey revealed that the healthcare-for-illegal-aliens plan is the least popular policy position, with opposition from 62 percent of U.S. voters.

Similarly, a CNN poll from July discovered that 63 percent of likely swing voters oppose providing healthcare to illegal aliens, along with nearly 6-in-10 of all likely U.S. voters and 61 percent of moderates. A Rasmussen Reports survey also found that likely voters, by a majority of 55 percent, oppose giving healthcare to even the most low-income illegal aliens.

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service