by: Deirdre Walsh

Less than two weeks after one of the nation's deadliest school shootings, the No.2 Democrat in the U.S. House, Steny Hoyer, compared Republican tactics for dealing with the nation's debt limit to someone threatening to shoot a child hostage.

"It's somewhat like taking your child hostage and saying to somebody else, 'I'm going to shoot my child if you don't do what I want done.' You don't want to shoot your child. There's no Republican leader that wants to default on our debt, that I've talked to," Hoyer said at a Capitol Hill press conference.

Hoyer's comments came in response to a question about the Treasury Department's notice that the nation was approaching its debt limit. He criticized Republicans for previous resistance to raising the debt ceiling and used the gun analogy to argue that the issue should not be part of the negotiations involving the fiscal cliff.

read more:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/27/hoyer-compares-gop-...

Views: 448

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm! what is that brown stuff on Hoyers nose, did it come from Obama or his boss Harry?

Gene ... answer --both.   He just had to bend over, twice.

What a stupid statement even for the likes of him. No. 2 idiot.

If a Republican made a similar statement there would have been a hue and cry from the left that would have pelted every American on every form of media that would play their propaganda game.

It's time we did more than just talk, because:

The left has us out maned, out gunned and out financed--in fact the reason we are in the current predicament with Obama, or whatever his real name is, is that they use tactics that work, i.e., money and violence.  Money because "everyone has a price."  And violence, reserved for those they can't buy off.

Look at what they've done in the last 40 years:

They've pretty much ended free speech--First Amendment.

They've gone a long way toward disarming Americans--Second Amendment.

We literally have no 4th and 5th Amendment Rights, i.e., due process and prohibition against forced self incrimination.

And the rest of the Bill of Rights and Constitution, i.e., who is eligible to vote, who is eligible to hold office... and the list goes on.

The white house hates and fears the Tea Party because we cannot be bought off and we won't shut up (not to mention too many of us to kill and get away with).

One reason Hoyer et al can get away with making such falashous statements is because the left has used violence for so long and we've allowed it for so long they think, not without reason, that we will let them do anything and merely complain rather than take action in a way that will cause the kind of change this country needs.  Do you think that if Obama, or whatever his real name is, was "white" he'd have gotten away with half the things he has...

We really need to start using tactics that work (not the least of which is to have the kind of financial support that can match the money behind obama).  Maybe we need our own Radio Free America!

This guy is a low life filthy criminal communist who is living high off the tax payers that should be run out of office with the rest of the democrats.

DURING THE WARM WEATHER MONTHS...(the months Al Gore thinks are the end of mother earth....but, it is actually what is called...umm summertime...)  -- The TEA PARTY NEEDS TO GET PERMITS AND CAMP OUT IN DC. AND MAKE OUR ORGANIZATION KNOWN, AND STAY ALERT, AND SHOW ALL OF THESE BOZO'S WE'RE NOT GOING AWAY....LIKE THEY WISH !  I hate to use the term.... but, WE NEED TO OCCUPY WASHINGTON... just do what we, have always done, and keep it CLEAN !!!   DO NOT LEAVE TRASH , etc. hire food venders etc. out door potties with sinks to wash your hands etc.  CLEAN !!  PORTA-SHOWERS... I am a bit of a germ-a-fobe, :)) We need to organize groups of people who will (draw up constitutional issues that have been robbed from us that WE DEMAND BACK ! ) ...  GENE.... I AM DELEGATING THAT JOB TO YOU. :))  Kidding,.... but I trust you'd be able. If a thousand filthy, beet-nicks / dead-beats, can occupy NY. CITY for what seemed....FOR FLIPPING EVER, can stay camped out in our nations most visited city, NY. CITY? ... DC.  SHOULD GET READY TO HAVE US AS NEIGHBORS ACROSS

Maynard,..... why I try, posting these websites often,..  www.discoverthenetworks.org  -- or, this website...  www.muckety.com -- I ask everyone to please re-post those onto their city newspaper websites, so that liberal readers have access to information, MSNBC etc. will never tell them.

THESE WEBSITES I POSTED ARE A GOLD MINE OF ... WHO IS CONNECTED TO WHO, IN POLITICS, AND ENTERTAINMENT, INCLUDING SPECIAL INTERESTS, GROUPS, GEORGE SOROS, VAN JONES, etc.

Maynard,.... last week, as I was finishing up my last min. CHRISTMAS SHOPPING, I asked several adults about weatner we are a --DEMOCRACY... or, a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC??   NOT A SINGLE ONE OF 8 PEOPLE COULD ANSWER THE QUESTION. I GAVE ALL OF THEM WEBSITE HOMEWORK...... and told them to call me, when they researched, and learned what AMERICA WAS FOUNDED ON.

Liberals are mentally ill and republicans all have a yellow stripe down their backs.

The threat is those who elect filth like Hoyer and the Dodd-Franks queers, the sick queer lovely Chuck Shcumer, the nasty Clinton's and the likes of the pathological lying filthy Obama. They need to be punished in my opinion. Give them back the same tactics but worst they offered to their enemies. It would be easy because it would be accurate and true about the evil left. These democrat/leftist politicians are not our fellow citizens anymore so do to them as you find appropriate.

Mealy mouth hoyer shouldn't be part of the legislature either!  Just another liberal/progressive/dimwit!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by Gary VarvelPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

SICK: Leprosy On The Rise In Los Angeles 

Ahh, the joys of open borders and Democrat leadership.

California is not just a public toilet but now there is evidence that leprosy is on the rise in Los Angeles County.

Barack Obama changed US law in 2016 and allowed immigrants with blistering STDs and leprosy to migrate to the US.

Medscape reported:

Leprosy, also known as Hansen’s disease, is rarely seen in the United States, but cases continue to emerge in Los Angeles County, a new report says.

“Hansen’s disease still exists, and we need to educate medical students and physicians,” coauthor Dr. Maria Teresa Ochoa from Keck Medical Center of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, told Reuters Health by email.

Dr. Ochoa and colleagues identified 187 patients with the disease in a review of medical records from their leprosy clinic spanning 1973 to 2018. Most patients were Latino, originating from Mexico, and they experienced a median delay in diagnosis of more than three years, the team reports JAMA Dermatology, online August 7.

Multibacillary leprosy (MB) cases outnumbered paucibacillary leprosy (PB) cases by nearly eight to one (88.6% vs. 11.4%, respectively), and Latino patients were more likely than non-Latino patients to have MB, as were patients from Central or South America (versus other regions).

Most patients (80.7%) received multidrug therapy, and most (92.6%) received antibiotics for more than two years, especially if they had MB.

Only about half of patients (56.7%) had World Health Organization (WHO) grade 0 disability (no signs or symptoms suggestive of leprosy or disability) at the one-year follow-up, whereas 16.0% had grade 1 disability (loss of protective sensation) and 26.2% had grade 2 disability (visible deformity) at the last follow-up.

Among the patients who lost protective sensation, 87.7% (50/57) did not regain it following therapy.

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service