House votes to repeal Obamacare’s ‘death panel’

The House voted Tuesday to repeal another piece of Obamacare, this time a

Medicare cost-cutting board that opponents have decried as a “death panel” that could ration care.

Majority Republicans led the charge to repeal the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB), 244 votes to 154, and were joined by 11 Democrats who ignored President Obama’s veto threat.

The Affordable Care Act of 2010 created the board to recommend savings within Medicare if the program exceeded a target growth rate. It would implement those changes unless Congress overruled it through legislation that achieved similar aims, or if 60 senators voted to override its cost-cutting provisions.

Critics have lambasted the IPAB as “15 unelected bureaucrats” who ostensibly could rein in seniors’ care, although no one’s been appointed to the board yet.

“This unelected panel exists only to take control away from patients and rations care — and it’s seniors who will suffer the consequences,” said Ways and Means Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, Wisconsin Republican.

Some Democrats agreed but didn’t like how the Republicans paid for repeal — $7 billion from Obamacare’s prevention and public health fund — while others said the bill was just another part of the GOP’s overall scheme to take down the health care law, and that they should give IPAB a chance.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/23/death-panel-repeale...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Views: 456

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Repeal obola and his czars...all his MINIONS...chief rock buster.
Nullify every single thing he touched...a washing of turds...yuk

where in the hell were the repubs when they approved obamas budget an approved funding of obamacare...I mean WTF over.

I AM FINISHED WITH THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!!! THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IS DEAD DEAD DEAD!!! AMERICA HAS BEEN SOLD OUT TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER!!! COME QUICKLY LORD JESUS!!!

AMEN!

Where is SCOTUS?  They said it was constitutional when it clearly is NOT.  You cannot believe anything that b.o. says.  But he must have lots of pictures that puts a ring in the nose of every congressman.  Especially in boner and mcconnell they seem so eager do b.o.'s bidding.

This bill is a death warrant for the elderly.  Something Obama can't stand - the older generation  why  because we see the evil he is doing.  We can and should educate all about communism.  Plus if he agrees with abortion why would killing the elderly make a difference to  him. 

Wait! This man is upset about murders from a gun in Charleston BUT WANTS TO MURDER THE ELDERLY??? This is a sick mind just like the boy that shot those people. With a sick mind that wants to murder the Americans that have paid the price to be taken care of he is an ACTUAL MURDERER and cannot be commander in chief of America.Was Charleston an act?? Did he just do it to be able to take guns from Americans so he can have us killed OF COURSE HE DID!
I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT ALL OF COMMIECARE IS A DEATH PANEL . JUST ASK THOSE WHO HAVE HAD THEIR INSURANCE CANCELLED .

If the Bastards had kept their Promises, they whole damn thing would

NOT NEED TO  BE REPEALED PIECE BY PIECE!!!  

Repealing all the Garbage in that thing will take a 100 years.

Surely no one is sending these Clowns a dime anymore!!!

Nope, nope and nope..what they do get is their mail back with a copy of the Constitution and a piece of my mind.

obummer care and the obummer regime need to be terminated.

I hate to say this but I feel I must. Nothing will come of this vote Obama still has the Senate to hold his hand and if they let it go Obama will veto it while there fighting Obamacare Obama is selling out America trade. Next step One World Order! We are already hearing it. Obama is most likely the Antichrist. Being a Muslim puts him high on the list.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom StiglichPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

Florida Sheriff — “I Will Not Enforce Assault Weapons Ban, Neither Will Most Sheriffs”

Dennis Lemma, who is the Sheriff in Central Florida’s Seminole County, told a group of 2nd Amendment activists recently that he would not enforce an assault weapons ban that could soon become Florida law if the “Ban Assault Weapons Now” amendment passes in the Sunshine State.

According to News965, the ban has the following specifications.

The amendment proposed in the state legislature would ban possession of assault weapons, which are defined as “semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once, either in fixed or detachable magazine, or any other ammunition feeding device.”

Lemma, an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment and a first term sheriff who is running for re-election, said this about whether or not he would enforce such a law.

“It’s not only that I wouldn’t, the majority of sheriffs across the state would not do it,” Lemma said in the video. It’s up to the sheriffs what they are willing to enforce.”

Trump Holds Rally in Milwaukee, WI 1-14-20

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service