Homeowners Association: Veteran Can’t Build Furniture For Military Families In Need

NEVADA COUNTY (CBS13) — A war veteran who builds furniture in his garage and gives it to military families in need could be forced to shut down the saws.

A homeowners association is telling Dennis Kocher he needs to close up shop after years of doing business, or he could be fined between $100 and $1,000.

“I may not paint, sand, cut wood or screw on the property at anytime,” he said.

The new mandate cuts deep, as he’s been building cabinets and dressers for a decade, donating most to military families.

POLL: Do you believe the United States government is beginning to resemble a totalitarian regime?

“Everyone who received my furniture or responsible for dispersing it gave me this gift and it’s something I’ll treasure forever,” he said holding a photo.

He builds to help make a better life for families who have very little.

“I don’t make a profit. The money I spend is my own money, my own time and talents and I build it to give to the Beale [Air Force Base],” he said.

read more here: http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/07/24/homeowners-association-ve...

Views: 766

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think you are 100% right

This retired Veteran says unless he was turned in because of noise they don't have a leg to stand on.  I am available to help financially.

Thanks Richard.. Maybe the ACLJ should be contracted? They beat more cases than the ACLU and are not into the Marxist doctrine!

Sadly, we wouldn't have standing.

In fairness, I have to say this is precisely the reason I made sure that their was no home owners association in the area that I bought in. When there is, you are informed before you buy your home and have to sign a statement of understanding about the rules of the home owners association. I decided that if I wanted to paint my house, put in shrubs or whatever, I didn’t want to have to ask for approval from people who are not even contributing to my mortgage or even important in my life. I would suggest to him that he rent or buy a shop to do what he does outside of his home property. I am normally a strong supporter of personal property rights and think the government needs to but out of people’s business and what they do on their property, but the fact of the matter is that he did sign this contract with a private entity and it’s his own dam fault that he is having the problems with these little Hitlers that he is having. What people need to learn from this and take away from it is that you should not buy when a home owners association is involved. Some of them are even worse than what this guy is going thru.

They shall call good as evil and evil shall be called as good! Apparently this organization hates our veterans! How about giving them what they insist on giving honorable men and women? They deserve every bit, even the bankruptcy of that, now evil organization!

Another more pragmatic way to look at it would be which is more evil? Could it be that not living up to your side of a legal contract might be considered evil? How about this Virgil, why don’t you start up a fund to help him rent a proper shop off premises where that contract is valid? Home owners associations are just like this and there isn’t really much you can do to over come them. I live in the Virginia Beach area near NAS Oceana. People buy homes near the air station and the station is very, very loud with F18s flying around it and it’s going to get worse with the new F35s. That air station has been there for quite some time and neighborhoods have grown around them. We have a group of citizens that are bitching about the noise from the Naval air station and doing petitions and protesting loudly, and all of these people bought their homes near the air station and knew full well it was there and even had to sign a statement of understanding when they bought their homes. I have always marveled when I see one of these people on the news because they don’t seem to realize that bitching about this now just proves one thing and that is that they are MORONS!!!!!! I don’t understand the bitching from them any more than I do from the people who bought homes next to the land fill bitching about the smell. Not everything is so cut and dried when it comes to Patriotic altruistic endeavors such as this either. Regardless of how good a project is, if you can’t see all sides of the argument and come to an intelligent pragmatic opinion about it, then you are part of the problem.

I agree in one fine respect; lets get him a place to work and others may join him in doing this worthy work.

Let us support this wonderful guy as he is doing good and is being called bad for doing so!

Well....this man can move or be part of the solution...members of the board of his HOA are elected from the community....he can do what I did....get elected to the board and then change the CC&Rs to reflect and support his common sense needs..I did it in my community...you can do it in yours...it takes a little bit of work..but most folks who live in a HOA just want to be left alone to live thier lives...they also want their property values not to plummet...otherwise most are open to common sense changes...just like in politics..work to change the system...it is not a paid position. The CC&Rs are NOT carved in stone! He can move to my HOA...he will be allowed to build his furniture here...

otherwise most are open to common sense changes...just like in politics.

LOL, that's funny.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by Jerry HolbertPolitical Cartoons by Steve Kelley

ALERT ALERT

Pay-Back !!! Pedophile Who Assaulted Nearly 200 Kids Stabbed To Death In Prison

A convicted pedophile who abused almost 200 children was stabbed to death in North Yorkshire, England, on Sunday.

Richard Huckle, 33, from Ashford, Kent, was given 22 life sentences in 2016 after he admitted to sexually abusing 71 kids whose ages ranged from six months to 12 years between 2006 and 2014, according to the BBC.

The report said Huckle was attacked with a makeshift knife while inside his cell at the Full Sutton Prison.

At the pedophile’s trial in 2016, investigators said they found over 20,000 indecent photos and videos of his assaults, which were shared with other pedophiles via a site on the dark web called The Love Zone.

Reports said that prior to his arrest, Huckle posed as an English teacher and Christian volunteer worker in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where he groomed impoverished children.

In one of his online posts, Huckle reportedly wrote “Impoverished kids are definitely much easier to seduce than middle-class Western kids.”

Reports said he attempted to make money from his crimes by crowdfunding the release of the photos.

“Huckle also created a 60-page ‘how-to’ guide for other pedophiles seeking to evade being caught, and kept a scorecard and points system regarding the children who were abused — leading investigators to speculate he may have as many as 200 victims,” a Fox News report stated.

At his sentencing in 2016, Judge Peter Rook condemned Huckle for his heinous crimes he said had become routine for the pedophile.

Rook commented:

Your offending behavior became entrenched in your everyday life. Your life revolved around your sexual activities with young children. Your distorted beliefs in respect of children are deep-seated. Your self-delusion knows no bounds. It is also clear that, had you not been arrested, you planned to continue the same lifestyle using the expertise that you were keen to show off to and share with other abusers so as to continue your sexual exploitation of the children of such communities.

Reports said prior to his death, Huckle refused to cooperate with authorities when they tried to unlock a cache of encrypted files he had access to that may contain the names of victims and other pedophiles, according to Fox News.

BONUS VIDEO

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service