Homeowners Association: Veteran Can’t Build Furniture For Military Families In Need

NEVADA COUNTY (CBS13) — A war veteran who builds furniture in his garage and gives it to military families in need could be forced to shut down the saws.

A homeowners association is telling Dennis Kocher he needs to close up shop after years of doing business, or he could be fined between $100 and $1,000.

“I may not paint, sand, cut wood or screw on the property at anytime,” he said.

The new mandate cuts deep, as he’s been building cabinets and dressers for a decade, donating most to military families.

POLL: Do you believe the United States government is beginning to resemble a totalitarian regime?

“Everyone who received my furniture or responsible for dispersing it gave me this gift and it’s something I’ll treasure forever,” he said holding a photo.

He builds to help make a better life for families who have very little.

“I don’t make a profit. The money I spend is my own money, my own time and talents and I build it to give to the Beale [Air Force Base],” he said.

read more here: http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/07/24/homeowners-association-ve...

Views: 766

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Homeowner's Association has become a member of obozo's gestapo.   WTF is wrong with these people? These cretins get a little power and they think they are the law.  IMO:  this is anti-American activity.  If we had a real government, this would be investigated.   Nazis.

Declare war on the Home Owners Association.

People must take a stand and push back HARD!!!!!!!!! what the heck is it going to take? I am sick to death of hearing crap like this STAND UP AGAINST THESE BULLIES. I cannot imagine what our Vets. must think of their fellow American. Is Eric Holder correct??????????? are the everyday American's cowards?????? well this girl is not and I have no problem standing for GOD AND MY COUNTRY til the day I die. God Bless the usa and the Vets. and fellow American who fights to save her.

Easy enough send the HOA a tax bill,If they want to tell you what you can and can't do with your own property I guess the also want the bill for upkeep,taxes,And who does anyone in a hoa get the power to fine anyone?Are the judges,lawyers?And if the man closes his doors to the public and keep doing his thing will the HOA force him to keep his doors open and face another set of fines because he's wants his privacy.

Seems like we're going back to the Military/Veteran bashing that went on during Vietnam times with all these anti flag, Military, Veteran stories. It's the culture the Obama admin is creating.

This compound is Lake Wildwood in Penn Valley, Ca. in Nevada County.I live only to close to this compound! Thank the Lord we do not live there but, we do have family that does! There are quite a few military families that live there too. I know that I will be contacting my family there and ask them to do some thing about this too!

good thing he was not raising the American flag in front of his place....they probably would have him arrested for treason.

Although his intentions are laudable, he has no one but himself to blame.  When ever you buy property subject to homeowner association you have given up almost all control, period.  The courts in almost every case rule for the HOA.

Lazy people think by doing it all they have to do is pay their dues and then the outside of the building will be forever more  cared for and they can live the life of Riley.  Not So!

Tell any property that has a HOA thanks but no thanks and budget the fees to pay for maintenance

Lake Wildwood, Penn Valley, Ca. does not have condos or apts. this man owns his own home there, and he has to keep up his yard himself. They pay fees for the up keep of the golf course and lake that is there and the roads of course. They have a gated entrance and security will ticket you if you drive over 25mph and yes it is a real ticket!  This is just a small example of the crazy things that they do inside of that compound!

His property is subject to a HOA ergo he will lose.  Condo, apt, single family it makes no difference.

Never, never buy property that has one

Eugene         It s not like he needs advice as to where to live, he needs advice about dealing with the present situation. 

Unless someone has reported him for making too much noise they don't have a leg to stand on even if he was selling  his efforts for profit. 

Let us know where to send funds to help support his legal battle.

Retired msg 1st sg 

This sure sounds like California government getting in the way of freedoms.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Lisa BensonPolitical Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

ALERT ALERT

Pay-Back !!! Pedophile Who Assaulted Nearly 200 Kids Stabbed To Death In Prison

A convicted pedophile who abused almost 200 children was stabbed to death in North Yorkshire, England, on Sunday.

Richard Huckle, 33, from Ashford, Kent, was given 22 life sentences in 2016 after he admitted to sexually abusing 71 kids whose ages ranged from six months to 12 years between 2006 and 2014, according to the BBC.

The report said Huckle was attacked with a makeshift knife while inside his cell at the Full Sutton Prison.

At the pedophile’s trial in 2016, investigators said they found over 20,000 indecent photos and videos of his assaults, which were shared with other pedophiles via a site on the dark web called The Love Zone.

Reports said that prior to his arrest, Huckle posed as an English teacher and Christian volunteer worker in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where he groomed impoverished children.

In one of his online posts, Huckle reportedly wrote “Impoverished kids are definitely much easier to seduce than middle-class Western kids.”

Reports said he attempted to make money from his crimes by crowdfunding the release of the photos.

“Huckle also created a 60-page ‘how-to’ guide for other pedophiles seeking to evade being caught, and kept a scorecard and points system regarding the children who were abused — leading investigators to speculate he may have as many as 200 victims,” a Fox News report stated.

At his sentencing in 2016, Judge Peter Rook condemned Huckle for his heinous crimes he said had become routine for the pedophile.

Rook commented:

Your offending behavior became entrenched in your everyday life. Your life revolved around your sexual activities with young children. Your distorted beliefs in respect of children are deep-seated. Your self-delusion knows no bounds. It is also clear that, had you not been arrested, you planned to continue the same lifestyle using the expertise that you were keen to show off to and share with other abusers so as to continue your sexual exploitation of the children of such communities.

Reports said prior to his death, Huckle refused to cooperate with authorities when they tried to unlock a cache of encrypted files he had access to that may contain the names of victims and other pedophiles, according to Fox News.

BONUS VIDEO

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service