Hispanic barbecue owners to host ‘White Appreciation Day’ at Colorado eatery

(Twitter: @eantillon)Black History Month is February. Hispanic Heritage Month is Sept. 15 to Oct. 15. And at one Colorado barbecue joint, June 11 is White Appreciation Day.

Two Hispanic restaurant owners, Edgar Antillon and Miguel Jiminez, who recently bought Rubbin Buttz BBQ in Milliken, Colorado, have decided to offer a 10 percent discount that day to white customers.

“We have a whole month for Black History Month,” Mr. Antillon told 9News in Denver. “We have a whole month for Hispanic Heritage Month, so we thought the least we could do was offer one day to appreciate white Americans.”

It may have started out as a joke, but now there’s a sign taped on the restaurant’s window and posted on his Twitter feed announcing the event with the message, “Because all Americans should be celebrated!!”

Whether the owners can actually pull off the appreciation remains to be seen. Jennifer McPherson of the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies told 9News that the civil rights division would investigate if someone were to file a complaint.

Then again, Mr. Antillon isn’t afraid of a little controversy. A firearms instructor, he launched an initiative drive last year to allow legal marijuana users in Colorado to obtain concealed handgun permits. He also offers free concealed-carry classes at venues statewide through his organization, Guns for Everyone.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/8/hispanic-barbecue-ow... 

Views: 362

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good for them!!  

Thumbs up Miguel. It is about someone stood up for people that stand up!

I commend the Owner's of this Restaurant. I agree that there should be events and celebrations of Each Heritage. Frankly, it's really only a Marketing advantage to increase revenue. But, on a personal level, it's only Right to do so. If the Leftists try to make waves...then it's a catch 22. ALL ethnic/Heritage Appreciation Celebrations should be disallowed. Although, we Do have freedom to advertise the way we want. That being said, it won't budge the Leftist/Nazi's.

Whether it causes controversy or not, this is a first step to Constitutional Equal Rights for All regardless of Race, Color or Creed.

Ooops...I believe we already have that...????

I do NOT agree, though, with arming Pot User's. Bad idea. Thugs, Druggies and drug traffickers armed? Get real!

Hispanics and Latino  Asians us whites get along with and most blacks..

My family will be there. Thanks Edgar and Miguel. SEMPER FI

I like these guys.  I hope they succeed endlessly

Wow. For once....They sound like true American Thinkers. Let's celebrate and thank them!

You either ARE an American or you are not..the color of ones skin should not matter...there should not be black, Hispanic, Asian etc appreciation day at all..all that does is further divide us into "groups"...I am a proud UNHYPHENATED American. As an aside, I give these guys credit...sure someone from the ACLU or white privilege BS group will sue.

Thank You very much Mr. Antillion, You are a  true Picture of what an American Patriot and Citizen is all about !!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Al Goodwyn

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Michael Ramirez

ALERT ALERT

SICK: New Jersey Awarded $3.8 Million In Financial Aid To Illegal Aliens

A local news report revealed that the state of New Jersey awarded $3.8 million in financial aid to illegal immigrants during the 2018-2019 school year.

According to a report from NJ.com, the state of New Jersey gave $3.8 million in financial aid to 749 illegal immigrant students in the last academic year. More than a quarter of the funding went to 328 illegal immigrants that attend Rutgers University.

New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy signed a law last year that allowed illegal immigrants to apply for financial aid. Prior to the signing, illegal immigrants were permitted to apply to pay in-state tuition at public universities but they were not eligible for financial aid.

Murphy, who supports the spending, hit back at Republican critics by arguing that giving financial aid to illegal immigrants is compatible with American values.

“I’d even invite any of those folks who have that attitude, beginning with our president, to come on into this room and allow me or any of us to say, ‘This is the United States of America,’” Murphy said at the time.

David J. Socolow, executive director of the state’s Higher Education Student Assistance Authority, defended the state’s decision to offer financial aid to illegal immigrants.

“This financial assistance offers these New Jersey students a life-changing opportunity,” Socolow said in a brief comment.“The successes of these first 513 students, who are now attending county colleges, state colleges and universities, and independent institutions around the state, will have a positive impact on countless additional lives.”

According to the report, there is currently no limit on the amount of illegal immigrant students that are permitted to receive financial aid from the state of New Jersey. State lawmakers forecast that they will spend approximately $5 million on financial aid for illegal immigrants each year.

Video: Flashback: NJ Governor signs bill allowing free tuition for illegal immigrants

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service