Have We Forgotten the Declaration of Independence?

As our own modern government blows by the milestones on the road toward absolutism, the specific examples of the abuses of power cited in the Declaration of Independence may prove prophetic and may help to enlighten 21st-century Americans.

July 2, 1776. Delegates from 12 of the 13 colonies represented in the Second Continental Congress voted to formally “dissolve the political bands” that bound them to Great Britain.

Just 24 hours before that historic vote, the severing of those ties was in doubt.

On Monday, July 1, Congress resolved itself into a committee of the whole to continue debating the resolution for independence proposed nearly a month before by Virginia representative Richard Henry Lee.

John Dickinson of Pennsylvania rose and spoke eloquently  although ultimately not persuasively — in favor of pursuing peaceful attempts to reconcile with the crown.

John Adams spoke next. Refuting Dickinson’s call for calm, he reminded his colleagues of the convincing case for an unqualified declaration of independence.

When the speeches ended, delegates cast their votes — each colony cast one vote, regardless of the number of delegates present at the proceeding. Pennsylvania’s representatives were specifically instructed to oppose any call for separation from England and they voted accordingly. South Carolina joined Pennsylvania, voting no on the Lee resolutions.

read more:

http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/history/item/15877-have-we-fo...

Views: 576

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Carl -- Protest to whom?  I am interested.  It does no good to write to Dianne Fienstien or Boxer.

Thnx

We often hear or read about State's Rights. Our Founding Fathers wanted to avoid any dictatorial, tyrannical power coming from a central government. They realized human nature, human behaviour, when humans are given too much authority and power.  They wanted each state to be independent of a central government as well as independents from each other. States rights and States freedoms  we lost during the Pres. Wilson administration.  Now look where we are. Do we now have a dictatorship, an oligarchy? Look at the picture of the Declaration of Independence above. Note that it states "united States of America."  United spelled with a small "u," not a capital "U." It meant that the States stood united in all common causes, such as, defending our country from all enemies foreign and domestic, and is why we are allowed militias, National Guards, policemen, and the right to bare arms. WE are America. That's our country. Not United States.

This is one Veteran who will NEVER forget the Constitution nor our Bill of Rights. They will stand as the law of this land as long as there are men like me still alive.

Yes my memory of the constitution has become clouded, but over the last 4.5 years I have been refreshing said memory. I have read The Articles of Confederation,which I have not read before, I have re-read several times over "The CONSTITUTION of The United States and The BILL of RIGHTS. 

I've not heard this idea. What if native Americans had come to homesteader Europeans and said they wanted to learn their ways? Would homesteader Europeans have taken these stone age people into their confidence? Hardy.  In the first place, native Americans would not have wanted to learn European ways.  Homesteaders would not have taken native Americans into their confidence. 

Native Americans had their authorities. Homesteaders had their authorities, both clinging to their power.  So, what else is new?

What if the planet Earth had time travelers occupying our space. We'd have a similar situation.  To extraterrestrials, we'd be stone age people.

Apparently, these beings are far too intelligent to wipe us out.  But they are not here to simply observe us.  Putting myself in their place, I'd go to the most powerful authority on earth with an offer: my advanced technology for whatever I wanted.

Not that the extraterrestrials would want to hide their presence, but our authorities would want to make this this the best kept secret in history.  So be it, as long as the extraterrestrials got what they came for.  You know how that works. A deal has a limited amount of time until problems arise.

The alliance would be bound to start falling apart. Then commences a mad scramble to put it back together, our world's authorities on the giving end, all the time the public getting more suspicious.

Sooner or later the truth will be known. What then?  Look at history.  

We are the ..."united States of American."  States- meaning countries, nations. America consisted of 13 countries, nations, now 50.  Abe Lincoln said- "No man is good enough to rule over another without the others consent."  This also means- that no group of men. like an oligarchy, is good enough to rule over any others without their consent.  This is what our Constitution was designed to prevent by have States Rights, a division of authority. Who gave the people in our government the right to rule over us instead of serving us? The majority of voters, mislead voters, deceived voters, gave their consent.  We Tea Party members are obligated to get voter back onto the right track by educating them.  Teaching them the truth.  Teaching them about who our true enemy is- the Invisible Government. The puppet masters leading the elitist of both political parties; but first, the membership must learn.

We need to contact our Congressmen/women and demand they watch the following videos before any further decisions are made on Amnesty.  I also suggest that every Tea Party member check out what is listed below.  Concrete evidence of the dangers of amnesty for America.

Go to the web site: THEYCOMETOAMERICA.COM

I saw the program on Hannity on Fox News called: The Costs of Amnesty.

You can buy one video and get 4 more free to send to Congress and other politicians.  There is the option to buy the 1st video for $19.99 which includes the 4 more free or for $39.99 you get the 1st and 2nd versions of the videos plus 4 more of each.

THEYCOMETOAMERICA.COM   

The video/s discloses the real issues at our borders and the dangers it poses to every American as well as the loss of jobs for Americans because the illegal workers are willing to work for less, and employers to not provide the standard benefits, e.g. insurance, Unemployment or Disability insurance, etc.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom StiglichPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

“And You’re Their Star Witness?” – Boom! “And You’re Their Star Witness?” – Boom! Jim Jordan Rips To Shreds Schiff’s Star Witness Anti-Trumper Ambassador Taylor 

BOOM! Jim Jordan just destroyed Schiff’s star witness Ambassador Taylor.

“I’ve seen church prayer chains that are easier to understand than this!” — Rep. Jim Jordan.

OMG! SOOOOOO GOOD!

Jim Jordan got Ambassador Taylor to admit that everything he has said in his testimony is based on second-hand, third-hand and fourth-hand information!

Jordan Sounds Off

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service