Gun Control Group Calls For Obama To Declare “State of Emergency,” Ban Guns

The National Gun Victims Action Council (NGVAC) is calling on President Barack Obama to declare a “state of emergency” over fictional events, and then use that fictitious excuse to scrap the Constitution and impose his will under martial law.

Gun control supporters really are apparently just this crazy (hat tip: AWR Hawkins):

Americans are in the midst of a gun violence epidemic. The National Emergencies Act gives the president the power and responsibility to declare a state of emergency when the government lacks the procedures and capacity to address an unchecked natural or man-made public health epidemic.

How much more must Americans endure? Domestic military installations have been attacked; media members have been murdered on camera. Shootings have recently occurred at church prayer meetings, in movie theaters, restaurants, department stores, offices, factories, schools, colleges, national parks and while driving along major US highways.

We ask that you declare a state of emergency to protect us from the gun violence epidemic now. The public space has become Russian roulette–every place is a potential risk. When the H191 flu hospitalized 20,000 people and killed 1,000, you used your power and declared a state of emergency.

Yearly, The Gun Violence Epidemic Causes: [i]
10,000 homicides, 70,000 wounded, 18,000 suicides,
2,000 accidental deaths

Costs of the Gun Violence Epidemic:
Annual: $229 Billion, Each Homicide = $441,000,
Hospitalization = $583,000

The Government cannot stop the Gun Violence Epidemic without information:
Under existing law, states do not have to report prohibited gun purchasers to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)— In many states 90% of mental health records are missing.[ii]

—Millions of people with mental disabilities have purchased guns. We do not know who they are. Nor do we know who has developed mental illness since buying a gun.

—Guns sold at gun shows, over the internet or through private sales do not require a background check. These represent 40% of the guns sold,[iii]and we do not know if these people should be prohibited purchasers

Countries with strong gun laws and our national statistics show “law- abiding” citizens cause most gun violence. Only 7% to 8% of US gun homicides are gang based —most mass shooters are legal gun owners.[iv]

Rather than attracting gun crime “gun-free zones” repel it.  That is why courts and the headquarters of all major U.S. corporations (including the NRA) ban guns.

Remedy: Declare a National State of Emergency and, among other things, consider:
  The requirements and standards for people to be carrying guns outside their homes.

2. That parents who own guns be held accountable as accomplices for gun violence their children cause with the parent’s guns.

3. That gun trafficking be made a felony to reduce the gun violence epidemic in the inner cities.

4. Appointing a commission to address this epidemic, such commission to exclude members of the gun lobbies, who profit from the epidemic they’ve caused and do everything they can to keep it going.

Clearly, our government does not have the resources, procedures and data to stop the next Aurora, Charleston and Chattanooga. 

President Obama: Use Your Power Today to Halt the Gun Violence Epidemic. Declare a National State of Emergency!

Here in reality where safe and sane people reside, we know that virtually everything that this bunch of fanatical fascists claimed is grossly exaggerated or an outright lie.

read more:

http://bearingarms.com/gun-control-group-calls-obama-declare-state-...

Views: 1530

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the mass killing/gun violence issue should include a topic hardly anybody will address. Psychotropic drugs being handed out like candy, for whatever whim reason of the day. The left won't address it because their agenda is anti-gun.

I'm still not sure why non-antigun people won't even consider the thought. I'd guess because they dearly want to believe the health care system and doctors are trustworthy. I suppose they want to believe that feeding restless kids psychotropic drugs so they'll sit still in their chairs at school doesn't have undesirable consequences. I suppose they want to believe doctors prescribe these pills only for legitimate reasons. (I can attest through personal experience that is NOT TRUE, they'll prescribe them for about any whim reason.)

What the non-antigun people are missing out on by ignoring this is an effective argument against the antigun agenda activists. Almost every mass killer in the U.S. during the past couple decades has been a prescribed psychotropic drug user. The young 20ish year olds having been given them so they would be more docile in school. If the antigun activists won't even consider psychotropic drugs might be the cause of these mass killings their agenda biased motive is discredited. It becomes evident the killings/deaths aren't their concern, it's only their antigun agenda that is important to them.

They don't talk about it because that ALSO is part of their agenda. Medicated people are easier to manipulate. Take one drug, take another drug. These drugs change the way your brain works. Good for them. And if someone gets out of control, blame it on the enemy, which is us.

yeah... but why won't 'our side'?  that's what gets me... It's logical, realistic, and discredits the 'guns are the problem' argument if the drugs are flippantly discarded as a probable cause by the antigun activists. Yet most on 'our side' will argue the drugs must've been legitimately prescribed and that alone means the patient had/has mental problems.  -- and that's an unknowledgeable assumption.   They are prescribed for whatever whim reason of the day. Whatever varying personality trait has achieved the label of 'mental disorder'. You get angry, we have a pill for that. Some days you feel less optimistic, we have a pill for that too.

Hell, they prescribed me a 'head pill' just hoping it'd help with tight neck muscles affecting a herniated disc. They're wrongly handing that stuff out like candy, Why doesn't 'our side' want to acknowledge that?

They are ignorant of any other way, it is one more way we have been dumbed down.

Our culture is far removed from natural remedies that can heal. Many Christians have written health books based in science and scripture, such as Dr. Caroline Leaf, who has documented what negative emotional reactions in nerve synapses look like, and Ricki Pepin, who also has authored a book on spiritual scientific healing. Our culture has been programmed by our corporate government, our food, farming and drugs controlled and limited by our corrupt FDA, and sold to our corporate international and national farmers. All three hate healthy processes like they hate guns, the constitution and conservatives.

For example, in Ohio, I cannot buy clean milk that is  unbastardized by hormones, antibiotics or mildicides/fungicides sprayed on the feedstock raised for cows and hogs. It is simply illegal.

However, due to a contract grandfathered in from earlier years, my natural processes farmer CAN sell me a couple of herd-shares, which I pay monthly. My "dividend" is my 5 quarts of clean milk per week, and all my pork and beef is clean. He buys calves from a generational family farm that does not spray the feed, and has had no diseases in over a hundred years. His hogs are raised on concrete. And his feed is clean and is being continually researched for ways to increase Omega 3.

It is ALMOST like going underground to get healthy food and drink. And BTW, I have not been sick once since I found him 2 years ago. No more strep, no colds. No sinus infections right here in the middle of Sinus Valley, Ohio.

His milk is HIGH Omega 3. He is mentored by a brilliant doctor and they say all disease in this country is inflammatory and due to America's ratio of Omega3 : Omega6, which should be 1:1 and instead is 1:80 in the US at worst and 1:40 at best.

We have turned away from God, his healthy farming principles, as well as from every other healthy thing He has in His good book.

Does heat help? If I can find any info to help you, I will let you know. Take care.

It’s a faulty premise that more laws will decrease gun violence.  In reality, more gun laws have had marginal impact on violence – perfect example is Chicago.  They and NY have some of the strictest laws in the country, and yet the highest murder/crime rates.

The left has CONSISTENTLY opposed more stringent programs and penalties for repeat gun offenders such as Project Exile and similar programs.  Yet, those programs have dramatically reduced gun crime by getting criminals most likely to commit gun related crimes.

Since more than 90 MILLION Americans own a gun, the left knows “control” is a political loser. Even Bill Clinton stated that Al Gore lost the 2000 election primarily because of the democrat support for gun control.

John Kerry tried to win some of the gun-supporter votes in the 2004 election with a much publicized, duck hunting trip in PA, further underscoring how influential and powerful gun owners are in America.

Gun control advocates have attempted to revise the 2nd Amendment through the courts by bringing class action lawsuits against gun manufacturers.  They have also attempted to use the mainstream media and Hollywierd to shape public opinion.  The left-wing, anti-gun bias has been well documented.  A 2000 Media Research Center study showed that television news stories calling for stricter gun laws outnumbered those opposing such laws by a 10-1 ratio.

While the Hollywood elites and liberal intelligentsia in Washington—many of whom have armed bodyguards and live in homes protected by iron gates and security systems-call for more restrictive gun control laws, including registration and confiscation, they ignore the THREE MILLION times each year Americans use firearms to protect themselves.  How many would be violently attacked, raped, or killed if they were disarmed?

The most dangerous aspect of gun-control is it criminalizes the legal ownership of guns, making law-abiding citizens more prone to being the victims of gun violence.

CLAIM 1:  “The Second Amendment does not guarantee an individual’s right to own a gun.  It was intended to guarantee a ‘collective’ right of the states to maintain militias.”

RESPONSE:  The Federal Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit on October 16, 2001 issued a landmark decision in U.S. v. Emerson affirming the constitutional right of individuals to own a gun.

The court ruled, “The plain meaning of the right of the people to keep arms is that of an individual, rather than a collective, right and is not limited to keeping arms while engaged in active military service or as a member of a select militia such as the National Guard…  We conclude that [United States v. Miller] (the legal precident by which the court considered Emerson) does not support the [Clinton Administration’s] collective rights or sophisticated collective rights approach to the 2nd Amendment.  To the extent that Miller sheds light on the matter it cuts against the government’s position.”

The court then iterated the history and text of the 2nd Amendment with regard to individual rights:  “There is no evidence, in the text of the 2nd Amendment, or any other part of the Constitution, that the words ‘the people’ have a different connotation within the 2nd Amendment as without.  And as used throughout the Constitution, ‘the people’ have ‘rights’ and ‘powers,’ but federal and state governments only have ‘powers’ or ‘authority,’ never ‘rights’.”

“We have found no historical evidence that the 2nd Amendment was intended to convey militia power to the states, limit the federal government’s power to maintain a standing army, or applies only to members of a select militia while on active duty.  All the evidence indicates that the 2nd Amendment, like other parts of the Bill of Rights, applies to and protects individual Americans.  We find that the history of the 2nd Amendment reinforces the plain meaning of its text, namely that it protects individual Americans in their right to keep and bear arms whether or not they are a member of a select militia or performing active military service or training.  We reject the collective rights and sophisticated collective right models for interpreting the 2nd Amendment.  We hold consistent with Miller, that it [the amendment] protects the right of individuals, including those not then actually a member of any militia or engaged in active military service or training, to possess and bear their own firearms.”2

In 1990, the Supreme Court recognized in U.S. v. Verdugo-Urquidez that rights belonging to the “people” are undeniably the rights of individuals.

CLAIM 2:  “Gun possessions increase violent crime.”

RESPONSE:  Countries who have banned firearms have higher crime rates than the U.S.

In Australia, violent crime is up in every category.  From 1997-1999, murders rose 6.5% and attempted murders 12.5%.  Increases in assaults, kidnappings, and armed robberies also increased.

England ranks second among industrialized nations in violent crime.  Between April and September 2000, street crime in London rose 32% over the same period in 1999. 7

The United States, where gun ownership is legal, is not even in the top 10 most violent nations and the number of those who privately own guns has grown.  Since 1991, the number of private firearms grew by about 70 million guns and the nmber of states with Right-to-Carry laws has more than doubled—from 17 to 37 states.

That means since 1991, we have more guns, more gun owners, more gun owners carrying guns and more citizens living among citizens carrying guns and yet total violent crime has decreased by 35%--dropping every single year to a 30-year low.  Murder is down 43%, rape is down 22%, aggravated assault down 28% and robbery down 47%.

About 99.8% of firearms and more than 99.6 percent of handguns in the U.S. will NOT be used to commit violent crimes in any given year.10

Magnificent presentation, Marilyn !!!!!!!!

OH thank you kind sir

Don't forget it was Kerry who tried to sign off on the U.N. Arms Treaty and Congress put the brakes on it, primarily because they had no desire to be scalped by their constituents.

http://parkercountyblog.com/2013/11/15/26401/#more-26401

These are the real people behind the assaults on the second amendment, they are the ones who orchestrate the media & the useful idiots. They want your guns before they bring down America in the final phase and that is why THEY ARE CREATING FALSE FLAG MASS SHOOTINGS TO SWAY PUBLIC OPINION FOR GUN CONFISCATION. (caps signifies me shouting at the top of my lungs)

Of course, you'd almost think false flags didn't happen if you got all of your information from television. Fortunately, we have a much more valuable resource at our fingertips:

http://www.iifdata.com/core-competencies/role-player-support/

"DHS documents prove Boston Marathon bombing was false flag 'drill' planned months in advance"

http://www.naturalnews.com/040898_Boston_Marathon_false_flag_terror...

"FBI Evidence Proves Innocence of Accused Boston Marathon Bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev"

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2015/08/17/fbi-evidence-proves-inno...

More and more sheriffs are joining some of our favorites like Clark and Arpaio in encouraging citizens to arm themselves:

https://www.oathkeepers.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Sheriff-Paul..." class="CToWUd a6T"/> 
Sheriff Paul J. Van Blarcum  
This article is online at Oath Keepers, where your comments are welcome. 

The Sheriff of Ulster County New York posted on Facebook:
"In light of recent events that have occurred in the United States and around the world I want to encourage citizens of Ulster County who are licensed to carry a firearm to please do so," wrote Sheriff Paul J. Van Blarcum in a Facebook post. "I urge you to responsibly take advantage of your legal right to carry a firearm. To ensure the safety of yourself and others, make sure you are comfortable and proficient with your weapon, and knowledgeable of the laws in New York State with regards to carrying a weapon and when it is legal to use it."
And CBS Detroit reports this:
DETROIT (CBS Detroit) More guns, fewer problems. That, at least, is Detroit Police Chief's James Craig's view of Detroit and fears about a possible terrorist attack.
While cities around the world are on heightened alert following a devastating ISIS attack in Paris, Detroit's police chief says he believes the fear that armed citizens would return fire serves as a deterrent for a potential terrorist attack in the rust belt city.
Craig called more officers to duty and moved some to locations deemed higher priorities following the attacks in Paris.
But he also noted "a lot of Detroiters" have concealed pistol licenses and "the same rules apply to terrorists as they do to some gun-toting thug."
https://www.oathkeepers.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Detroit-Poli..." class="CToWUd a6T"/> 
 Detroit Police Chief James Craig

He added:
"I also want to remind all Police/Peace Officers both active duty and retired to please carry a weapon whenever you leave your house. We are the thin blue line that is entrusted in keeping this country safe, and we must be prepared to act at any given moment,"
Of course this is what we at Oath Keepers have been saying all along. It is the citizens who are responsible for protecting themselves, their families and those unable to protect themselves.  It is nice to see a couple of LEOs who recognize this basic fact.

(My thanks to fellow Oath Keeper Robert Hase for sending me the links.)

Shorty Dawkins is an associate editor for Oath Keepers and a writer of novels, currently living in the woods of Montana. His novel "Eli and Me" is available on Amazon.com 

NOW IS THE TIME FOR ALL GOOD MEN TO COME TO THE AID OF OUR COUNTRY

12/5/15

I have watched not one good benefit given to the American people during the acid reign of this pretender to his throne at the expense of a once great nation. I have come to believe that the once great party of an honest servant of the American people President Truman has morphed into a communist style party. For seven years this nation has been assaulted by lies, betrayal and scandal.

We have an executive order loss leader who has created more race problems not seen since the 50's.

That is why I say America is being divided using communist style tactics. Just look at the deterioration

of the democrat party. Once a worker's /blue collar party now the party of big money and bribes paid to

favorite politicians. In seven years the only treat the little people got was Obama Phone. When it should have been Rosetta stone to help Latino families speak English. One of our problems today is immigrant kids going to school have no one at home that speaks English so their learning sufferIf a communist enemy wanted to destroy the USA one step would be to Balkanize a United States and destroy what we have in common. When the ISIS attack in San Bernadino was announced the media described it as an attack on a Christmas Party. Tonight it is now edited and described as an attack on a holiday party. The democrat party at it's last convention threw GOD out. Three times the roll was called and three times the largest shout was no God. But they lied on the third vote and said God could stay. The truth you can see on YouTube. So a party that once consisted of religious people has now turned into the devil's workshop.

They removed the Ten Commandments and the national conscience of the rules of soul survivor.

They denied the civil rights of the child in the womb giving the baby no vote and no choice but to die

painfully. They took Christian tax money and used it to pay butchers to harvest baby parts and sell them for a profit. Do blue eyes cost more than brown ones? Their goal is to legalize all narcotics and reap big tax revenue. Big money in medical marijuana and global warming.

This enemy of Israel our only ally in the Jihad world bails out Terrorist nations and communist nations.

Draining our financial reserves and wasting hard earned taxpayer money. Cuba was a year away from revolution for food and Iran was going broke. The State department bailed out two terrorist nations and made us forget that American POW's were tortured by Cuban interrogators at the Hanoi Hilton as they got the Jane Fonda workout.

The Democrats are the masters of blame and deflection. Never look at what they are pointing at. Always look for what they don't want you to see. Every deed this party of death performs is to divide, destroy and eventually control the country forever. The supreme Court is now 5-4 communist.

When the Clinton towers came down on 911 Hillary screamed What did Bush know and when did he know it. The democrats gave Bin laden life to kill when they were able to kill him first. Then on another 911 in Benghazi Hillary screamed again, WHO CARES HOW THEY DIED?

HILLARY AND JOHN KERRY BOTH VOTED TO INVADE IRAQ AND TAKE OUT SADAAM.

Then lied and said there were no weapons of Mass destruction. The communist like media hid the gassing of 5,000 Kurdish men, women and children in Hallapjah, Iraq. Performed by Chemical Ali the Uncle of Sadaam. The father of Udei and Qusei turned his best fighter jets over to Iran his natural enemy. His Fellow Bath Party partner Bashar Al Assad may also have been a storage buddy for WOMD's. Trump said he never would have gone to Iraq and his reasoning is quite accurate.

Let us not forget when Bush left Iraq the country was secure. His combat casualties were 4,600 KIA and a seven to one wounded ratio. In Afghanistan he had lost 461 KIA's with a 7-1 wounded ration.

All this was a result of the Saudi Al Queda attack on the Clinton towers.

Then a naive nation having been brainwashed by a communist like press elected the first half African American president believing he could bring the country together for our mutual benefit. In seven years he managed to divide the country, denounce the country and nearly destroy the country. He gave Iraq to Iran. SYRIA TO RUSSIA AND IRAN. Invaded Libya without getting an Act of War. Almost destroyed Egypt and enabled the Moslem brotherhood to take over the government until stopped by General Isisi.

Behind America's back he was negotiating with Iran to rearm their nuclear capability and finance terrorism to the tune of 150 Billion dollars. He exchanged Two Taliban province chiefs, one Governor, One Taliban leader of their CIA and a bomb making instructor for one traitor named Bo Birdcall who cost the lives of six troopers who tried to find him. Birdcall was honored by Obama and praised at a white house press meeting.

Not too mention returning the bust of Winston Churchill as a slap in the face of our British Allies.

Not to mention making Bebe Netanyahu leave by the back door past the garbage as another slap.

When the president of 300 million Americans says to the world when it comes down to Islam against it's enemies I'm with Islam. Then reminds us of the war crimes of the crusades against helpless moslems who were raiding Christian pilgrimages enslaving those whose heads were not cut off just like last week..

I did not see New Jersey in the crusades. Was Texas there? This man is almost Stalinist in his hatred of the USA. Upon entering office he laced the government with czars and many believe the White house Kremlin is really being run by an unelected Pro Iranian woman named Valerie Jarrett.

FLASHING BACK TO HIS LOSS OF IRAQ TO IRAN covered up in the communist like media and TV stations. Every American who died under Bush was listed in the media by name, photo, town, unit and even an NBC microphone was shoved into a mom or widows face with this question. How does it feel to know that your son died under George Bush? But when the Mahdi of death took over all Casualties were disguised as NATO troops. The media was complacent with party protocol. Obama lost at least 2400 Americans and the wounded ratio jumped to ten to one. Communists are good at propaganda.

Then we have the purging of the military also covered up by the communist media. Say a prayer for the Ft Leavenworth Ten whose wives and children will celebrate Christmas in poverty and shame. The loss of all military benefits because their husbands were politically incorrect convicted of fighting back on the battlefield/ They were charged with un- pre meditated murder and sentenced to 15-20 years in prison. As were their families convicted by PC officers with no combat experience.

Today Ash Carter announced women will now be in every combat role in the military. But he won't allow women to sign up for the draft. Stand down is now standard operating procedure and any general or admiral who wants to rescue fallen troopers will be relieved of command just like in Benghazi.

As the great jihad sweeps Europe and helpless citizens with no guns are mowed down by moslems the president says America has too many guns and doesn't need any guns. Hitler said why do citizens need guns? They have the SS to protect them and arrest them. Those who take your guns away intend to kill you.

Not only do we need more guns we need more permits to carry. Women need guns more than men.

Since the  murder of 3100 innocent civilians (200 babies died with their pro life mothers) on 911. America has been under siege from Fort Hood to Saint Bernadino murdered by Moslems. The word radical was created by the PC communist media to disarm the already helpless Americans. There is no such word as radical in the Koran. There is the word shehadi. The purest form of moslem. One who sacrifices their lives for Allah and goes to paradise. Their families are respected and protected. They are the saints of Islam.

Once again America is on the run. We have more enemies inside than outside and they are not all moslems. They are anti Americans with a communist like mindset. Picking at sores, playing race cards and dividing a country by region and neighborhood. Destroying the morality, spirituality and love of country. Telling us everything is better elsewhere and we are nothing. Our founders and documents are obsolete. These people are the full definition described by Cicero as the enemy within the gates. Over 50 years they have woven their treasonous web in business, education, entertainment and every facet of government. Their biggest enemy is GOD, COUNTRY, UNITY AND THE GREAT AMERICAN SPIRIT.

Now having control of certain agencies like the DOJ, EPA,IRS,BLM. ETC. they can use these agencies to intimidate freedom and silence American opposition to their evil plans. As soon as the press announced the shooting at a Christmas party then changed it today to a holiday party. I sensed it was moslem jihad. When they said the shooters looked middle eastern or Latino I suspected moslems When they announced it was a man amd woman I was more convinced it was moslems.

Then when the FBI said they would announce who the terrorists were and Obama ordered The DOJ Lynch mob to threaten 300 million Americans with government persecution if they said anything to offend moslems and cause trouble. I realized that it is time to start impeachment proceedings to save the nation. Loretta Lynch must step down  because she serves no one but Obama party over country ideology. She replaces a gunrunner who allegedly covered up and killed Mexicans and border guards. Who happened to package the Clinton Marc Rich pardon. Rich was dealing with the Iranians just like Obama.

There is no choice to save the nation from suffering a major catastrophe but to try and break up that covenant of evil that is destroying us one at a time. Our only choice to replace the party of death is the great outsider. No strings attached TRUMP. An American for America. We need to undo 8 years of treachery and betrayal by one political party with the help of many rinos. Trump can keep his word no third party because he can build a second party. IT HAS TO BE TRUMP IF WE ARE TO SURVIVE.

Today one lone policeman took a bullet in the face. We are now living in a war zone and no cop during this terror rain should work alone. Demand that the entire police force pair up for the safety of the nation.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/spiritofamericapartybook/2015/12/04/wh...

SPIRIT OF AMERICA PARTY

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom StiglichPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

Florida Sheriff — “I Will Not Enforce Assault Weapons Ban, Neither Will Most Sheriffs”

Dennis Lemma, who is the Sheriff in Central Florida’s Seminole County, told a group of 2nd Amendment activists recently that he would not enforce an assault weapons ban that could soon become Florida law if the “Ban Assault Weapons Now” amendment passes in the Sunshine State.

According to News965, the ban has the following specifications.

The amendment proposed in the state legislature would ban possession of assault weapons, which are defined as “semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once, either in fixed or detachable magazine, or any other ammunition feeding device.”

Lemma, an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment and a first term sheriff who is running for re-election, said this about whether or not he would enforce such a law.

“It’s not only that I wouldn’t, the majority of sheriffs across the state would not do it,” Lemma said in the video. It’s up to the sheriffs what they are willing to enforce.”

Trump Holds Rally in Milwaukee, WI 1-14-20

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service